Bills 2nd round pick should be......

papazoid

As tempting as it is to move up in the second. My thought is that we should stay put with #41 overall and give away our 3rd and 4th round picks to get back into the 2nd round. We should get 2 of the following 3(5).

Claussen (WOW Bigger fall than Rodgers and Quinn)

Bruce Campbell (shouldn't be available) or Roger Saffold

Terrance Cody (shouldn't be available) or Cam Thomas

(CHECK THE SINGATURE)

[/quote

Agreed a good player is going to be there at 41 unless they feel there is someone they must have I would sit at 41.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Pass on Clausen, don't care how far he's fallen.

Pass on Campbell, don't need the black Tony Mandarich on the team.

Pass on Thomas at 41. No need to reach.

Take Saffold if he's available. Charles Brown, otherwise. Cody as a third result. If either Saffold or Brown are taken at any point between 33 and 40, consider moving up to take the other. The drop-off after these two is significant.

Hands down I wanted Saffold but nobody had any idea that Claussen might actually be available in the second round. Ideally both Claussen and Saffold would make the draft a slam dunk. Personally I still think we need a NT badly.

here are the remaining BEST AVAILABLE as rated by NFLDRAFTSCOUT.com

#13 Taylor Mays FS

#14 Jimmy Clauson QB

#20 Everson Griffen DE

#21 Sergio Kindle OLB

#27 Carlos Dunlap DE

#28 Golden Tate WR

#29 Brian Price DT

#31 Charles Brown OT

#36 Bruce Campbell OT

#37 Daryl Washington OLB

#40 Colt McCoy QB

#41 Rob Gronkowski TE

#44 Terrence Cody DT

(skip)

#47 Roger Saffold OT

(skip)

#52 Cam Thomas DT

here are the remaining BEST AVAILABLE as rated by NFLDRAFTSCOUT.com

#13 Taylor Mays FS

#14 Jimmy Clauson QB

#20 Everson Griffen DE

#21 Sergio Kindle OLB

#27 Carlos Dunlap DE

#28 Golden Tate WR

#29 Brian Price DT

#31 Charles Brown OT

#36 Bruce Campbell OT

#37 Daryl Washington OLB

#40 Colt McCoy QB

#41 Rob Gronkowski TE

#44 Terrence Cody DT

(skip)

#47 Roger Saffold OT

(skip)

#52 Cam Thomas DT

Those are the three rock-solid first-round grades left on my board. Campbell and Cody are marginal 1st-rounders (Campbell's the ultimate LT prospect on paper, but hasn't done it on the field, and Cody has concerns about weight, stamina, and being a 2-down player. I mean, if he's this fat when he's 21/22, how fat will he be at 28?). I usually hate trading up, but if we could get one of those top 3 guys without giving up much (4th or 5th rounder), I'd be in favor of it.

I've pretty much given up hope on the Bills taking Clausen at this point. It's pretty clear that they don't think he'll fit their horrible offense. But they can't be so stupid that they think Demetrius Bell is a viable Option A at this point, can they? Once Brown or Saffold goes, they've got to move up for the other. Although I wouldn't necessarily be upset if they stay put and manage to get either Campbell or Cody. Colt McCoy is the nightmare scenario.

here's who picks before us in round 2.

Viking, Chiefs,Browns might take a QB.

1 (33) Rams

2 (34) Vikings (From Lions)

3 (35) Buccaneers

4 (36) Chiefs

5 (37) Eagles (From Redskins)

6 (38) Browns

7 (39) Raiders

8 (40) Dolphins (From Seahawks through Chargers)

9 (41) Bills

The Chefs won't take a QB after giving-up what they did for Cassel. The other two might.

The price is much, much lower after the first half of the first round so it's not out of the question that they'd grab a QB. And then there's Weis's connection to Clausen to consider. BTW, what will it say about Clausen if he's available when the Chiefs pick and they pass on him?

As tempting as it is to move up in the second. My thought is that we should stay put with #41 overall and give away our 3rd and 4th round picks to get back into the 2nd round. We should get 2 of the following 3(5).

(CHECK THE SINGATURE)

Curious how many picks you got right on 1st round mock. The low in my group was 5, the high 10. If you had the Bills on Spiller, you had to have many others right.

(CHECK THE SINGATURE)

+1 PDaDdy is all about the Benjamins

i think they should trade UP with St Louis .....the draft value chart says it would cost us a 4th rounder.

grab Clausen

EDIT: MOCK DRAFT ROUND #2

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/story/1...browns-at-no-38

Fourth rounder or M. Lynch...I'd hope they'd settle for Lynch..heck Spiller makes Roscoe Parrish expendible as well...throw him in if it means Clausen. I'd don't care...just get me a top-tier QB even if it's a high risk/reward pick!!

But like others here mentioned...you better immediately focus on getting an OT who can play as a OLT as soon as you draft Clausen!!! Make it happen! Enough of this funky decade of losing... The time is now!! A new ERA must begin today!

Shed the Lynch's, the already retired in my head (Schobel), I don't want to be here if I can't get my way (Parrish),

I live and breathe football but I can't stop breaking my bones and missing huge portions of the season (P. Pozinjury) etc...Who the heck is Chris Ellis anyways??? I know...I remember the Bills drafted him as a DE quite high..maybe a third rounder, oh yeah he's on the team...he just don't play! Enough of these losers of the Mularkey, Williams, Donahue, Guy,

Levy, and Jauron ERA !!! Start fresh with SPILLER, CLAUSEN, a NEW OT, a NEW DT, Let's Go Buffalo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :w00t:

Regarding Campbell, I have a feeling that he is not someone whom Buddy would pick (at least at 41) given his comments about drafting football players. Campbell is very tempting based on his "measurables," but he has not shown that he is a high second round pick actually playing the game.

Who knows? He may end up being great. I will defer to Buddy.

If you have the opportunity to get the best all around player in the draft (Spiller) and get arguably the best quarterback in the draft (Claussen) - who was projected as a top 10 pick in the 2nd round for the cost of a 4th rounder...You do it, hands down, no debate....Especially if you need a quarterback. If these two pan out, our team could be set for the next decade.

I know Claussen is kind of a douche, but remember he's a douche who can play. It's not like he's going out and raping people or doing drugs or getting hammered at bars at 3 AM, he's just kind of a punk. He'll probably grow out of it real quick in an NFL locker room.

If we don't take an LT, NT, or QB I'll lose it. Saffold, Cody, Clausen or maybe McCoy. If Buddy can get all three tonight our team would surprise some people THIS year

I agree with the conventional wisdom of the three positions of need, and would love to see one of these filled obviously, and think it is very likely.

However if there is a better player available at another position (DE, LB, WR) who clearly rates out as a better talent and contributor over the next five years, I would rather have the better player.

1) I'm not as concerned about our 2010 roster holes as I am us starting a long cycle of adding talented football players to our roster. BPA over need.

2) I'm not 100% convinced that Clausen is a better 2010 QB than Trent if we are drafting for need, or that any of the LT are guaranteed to be better than D. Bell on day 1 either. I definitely think Cody is a better 3-4 NT on day 1 than Kyle Williams or whoever we are filling in there, so he would be the pick for me if we are putting need over talent.

To be a need pick, you have to actually be definitely better than the guys on the depth chart you have, not just play the position. So that is a talent evaluation and not a positional evaluation which you seem to be indicating you want to be the deciding factor with our next pick.