schefter on espn

They were ready to trade back into the first and had their sights on Tebow, but Denver beat them to the punch.

Ehh. I could see that. But, if the Bills were lined up with the Jets to get Tebow and Denver took him early, so be it.

I think Clausen will be the better QB. But I'm just a casual observer. Who knows.

I thought I heard that Denver gave up a first next year, a third and a fourth to get him. Thats a lot of faith to put in him and not a move we could have afforded. I'm not sure if this is correct or not though.

Same with the NFL network, they stated that the Bills really wanted Tebow.

The new GM/head coach know more about what the team needs are then the average fan, kinda sad the Bills couldn't get one of the winning est college QB's... they think would have helped Buffalo become a winner.

ok, so buffalo has a billion holes.

denver gave up their second, third, and fourth round pick, so ostensibly we'd have to have given up more than that.

and you guys are saying we should have outbid denver?

Hes going to be Awesome! Superbowl QB.

That's a longshot. Too many things going against him. The problem is that taking him 9th would have been a major reach, and they'd have to have a lot of money invested in him. Now if they didn't have to trade-up to get him, like Denver did, I could see taking him late-1st.

ok, so buffalo has a billion holes.

denver gave up their second, third, and fourth round pick, so ostensibly we'd have to have given up more than that.

and you guys are saying we should have outbid denver?

Then I heard wrong because I heard a first next year. I didn't hear the second. Either way, it's much more than I would have wanted to trade up for.

If they wanted Tebow then why did they not take him at #9? This is a big mistake... you pass on a franchise QB to take a speed back. You have got to be kidding me. So you are telling me that a franchise QB should be rated lower then a RB who is not big enough to stay on the field for all three downs!! Your telling me for your first draft that you are building your new offense around a speed back. You think it's cute being a Buffalo Bills fan and year after year going through first round picks that fail. You would think after last year that this group would want to try to build something. This is not building an offense. This is just adding a player who's style you don't have on the roster but is not a player to build on. This is a player that you add to a good offense . It's like drafting Leon Washington # 9 You don't build an offense on a RB who is a specialty player. You build it by drafting a QB. Now every time Denver is in the Super Bowl with Tim Tebow at the helm I get to say we could have had him at the #9 pick in this draft. This is a big mistake. This group is just as bad as all the other coaches and this team will not be a very good team until they get a QB. They just put us behind one more year in a rebuilding process. C J Spiller will be lucky if he makes it the whole year with out being injured. Tim Tebow will be a franchise QB. I have had it with this team!

They were ready to trade back into the first and had their sights on Tebow, but Denver beat them to the punch.

Nonsense! If they were ready they should have pulled the trigger. They deserve the shut out because they are too slow as usual.

...Tim Tebow will be a franchise QB. I have had it with this team!

A franchise what? Tebow might be a nice guy, but he is raw project that will take time to develop. Denver gave away a lot to get him and what should worry Bill's fans is that OBD was even in the running to move back into the first round for a project.

The only explanation might be that Tebow would sell tickets... and maybe this story is unfounded, but I am sure we will hear more.