Drew's da man!

1billsfan

As long as Drew plays like this I have no quams with him leading this team next season. JP can sit and learn until he's truly ready, and if Drew spits the bit in 2005 Losman will be properly prepared. Drew looks like a new man since he now has full confidence in Lee Evans and a monster running attack with the Bill's MVP Willis McGahee. That game was so much fun to watch!

This thinking cracks me up.

You'll be happy with Bledsoe so long as he throws one TD and three INTs?

His rating was right around a 65. He did NOT have a great game.

Its really, truly sad how low our expectations have gotten.

137511[/snapback]

I agree steve.

Am I fired up today more then usual because of the Bills game? YES

Do we have a lot of look forward too with this team? I believe so.

Should Bledsoe be commended for his improved play over the last 7 weeks as a whole? Sure...

Should Drew get a key to the city from some Bills fans after this performance yesterday? NO!!!

Is Losman going to be our QB in the near future? YES!!!

137511[/snapback]

He's a gunslinger and he will throw some intercepts. BTW, so did Warner when the Rams were the "greatest show on turf". They didn't turn out all that bad, huh?

137511[/snapback]

Watch the game first, Steve. Seriously. Watch the game. Don't go off the stats. He played a damn good game yesterday. When you see him nailing those third down passes, you may rethink this. I'm not saying Drew is a saviour. I'm saying, watch the game.

Guest mark the man

Bledsoe has been so bad for so long that any performance resembling respectability is seen as a wonderful achievement, At the end of the day what you still have is an aging QB who doesn't perform well in the important games. He's a .500 QB at best.

Some Bills fans are delighted with mediocrity. Settle for mediocrity and you will always be losers. An easy schedule and the Bills are approaching .500. Wow, strike up the band - the bandwagon is on the move.

Watch the game first, Steve. Seriously. Watch the game. Don't go off the stats. He played a damn good game yesterday. When you see him nailing those third down passes, you may rethink this. I'm not saying Drew is a saviour. I'm saying, watch the game.

137530[/snapback]

You're right. Maybe I am going on the #'s too much. It doesn't help when Im sitting there refreshing a webpage, and every 3 minutes my phone rings, its my friend, a drew basher "Drew Sucks!", and then my dad, one of the last living Drew Apologists, saying it wasnt his fault. I will watch the game when I go home for xmas.

Not all picks are created equal. I agree that his INTs yesterday were of the gunslinger variety. Jimbo had plenty of those. There wasn't any crap like the weak screen pass against Baltimore that Deion took to the house, or the pass three feet behind Moulds in New England that went right to Troy Brown.

Yesterday Drew played to win, instead of not to lose. He made many more plays than he missed against a defense that runs a lot of confusing zone schemes and has some real ballhawks in the secondary. He threw a good block on Evans' reverse, sold that fake sneak to perfection, and did a solid job of managing the clock (such as at the end of the first half).

I was happy with his performance -- and it was far from mediocre.

Exactly what im saying!! Dont need a "super" Qb to win, just one that dosent screw up TOO bad!!

137576[/snapback]

I know that's what you were saying! I figured you'd enjoy an article agreeing with you. Trent Dilfer will always be known as the worst QB to ever win the SB.

Unfortunatly, guys like him are an exception, not the rule.

Please refrain from ever using The Jim Kelly's name when talking about Drew Bledsoe.

137574[/snapback]

Good point.

Still, if your quarterback is a gunslinger, he'll throw some interceptions. Yesterday Drew was a gunslinger; it was as close to the first half 2002 as I've seen him since.

I know that's what you were saying! I figured you'd enjoy an article agreeing with you. Trent Dilfer will always be known as the worst QB to ever win the SB.

Unfortunatly, guys like him are an exception, not the rule.

137582[/snapback]

Brad Johnson is another average QB who won the SB.

Do we really believe that the only way the Bills are going to win the SB is with another Jim Kelly type QB?

Because if that's the case, we'd all better get a hobby, becasue Jim Kelly was pretty damned hard to get in the first place, and finding Jim Kelly clones is near impossible.

Instead of investing all the Bills resources into finding and developing the next Kelly, Donahoe and Mularkey are building a team that can be successful with the players they have.

So instead of throwing 300 yards and 5 TDs a game, the QB just needs to control the clock and move the sticks.

The special teams, running game, and defense will do the rest. This is why Bledsoe IS successful this year. Not rocket science, but it was beyond Williams and Gilbride.

So if Losman, by some misfortune, doesn't turn into Kelly Jr., the Bills still have a chance to field a winning team, while they look for the next Jimbo.

It's a good plan and it's starting to deliver results.

137511[/snapback]

Uh, come back and tell us what you think AFTER you actually WATCH the game.

The Bills will be far better off if Drew can play well enough to finish the season. JP's lack of practice and his play makes it unquestionable that it would be a mistake to start him this year. It might even be a mistake to rely on him next year as the starter. Like it or not it cannot be argued at this time, and for the foreseeable future, that Drew is the best option. If we need to turn to JP, all hope is lost for this season.

Several teams in the league prove week after week that a star QB is not needed to win. In fact it just might be a detriment.

137511[/snapback]

Did you even watch the game? I've called for his head in the past, but despite those three bad throws - Drew played damn solid ball. He chucked some that were brilliant throws. He dumped off when he should have, he audibled out of bad plays when needed, and was sacked only once despite people being in his face quite often. Not only that, I think he completed over 60% of his third downs and overall, I think he completed almost 70% of his passes. I don't give a crap how many interceptions he had as long as he can balance it out with the other great things he did. And yeah, he threw only one TD pass, but did you see it? It was awesome. And someone had to help get the bills into the red zone for Willis' 4 TDs. Who might that be?

Not only that, Buffalo scored every time they were within the 10, and were 66% in the red zone. That's damn good. I'm sure Drew had nothing to do with that, either.

I suggest you refrain from comment until you can watch the game. Basing your assessment on passer rating is assinine.