Rank the top Tackles 1-4

How do you guys rank the top tackles?

I think Okung will be the first player picked, but I actually like Trent Williams the best.

2) Okung

3) Davis

4) Bulaga.

I just have this feeling that any team that passes on Anthony Davis is going to seriously regret it in a couple of years. The guy is a mauler, but still has the athleticism to be a left tackle.

I've graduated College in Dec. and have been job jumping, so admittedly, my draft research hasn't been up to par this year. I hear Bulaga is a right tackle prospect though, and if that's the case, I don't see the top 10 value in the guy.

However, I also remember the same thing was being said of Jake Long in 2008, and he ended up being an elite left tackle. Is there reason to believe Bulaga can survive on the left side, or do you guys think he is just a right tackle at the NFL level?

Now that Davis and Brown have had there workouts I can rate the OTs

1. Okung still the best combination of very good tape and athletic qualities

2a. Bryan Bulaga while not the best athlete no athletic flaw disqualifies him, might be ready sooner to come in a contribute at a high level, solid tape, size, technique, and attitude puts him #2a just slightly ahead of

2b. Trent Williams size and arm length are good but not elite- good technique and experience- athletic qualities are outstanding- had a rough start to the 2009 season for different reasons but looked much better by the end of the season- has positional versatility could probably play at a good level anywhere on the line- on the other hand might not play at an elite level anywhere on the line- does not have overwhelming power and attitude is more workman like than consistently nasty.

4. Bruce Campbell- has the best combination of size, arm length, athletic qualities and conditioning of any of the OTs- but he also has less experience, inconsistent tape (pass blocking is much better than run blocking), might play down to the level of competition, might be a little high cut reducing his leverage and balance. I personally don't see the bust potential but do believe he might take longer to get to full potential.

5. Anthony Davis- stopped the bleeding with a pretty good workout and interviews- could he move back up to the Raiders at eight? while not quite as athletic as Campbell or Williams he has better heft and a nastier on field attitude two qualities the Raiders like in their OTs.

6, Charles Brown- had a bad pro-day pulled a hamstring running the 40 his third injury when on display( senior bowl, combine, pro day) also only benched 20 times (21 at combine) - has good tape as a pass blocker and a good pro-day where he would show that he can get bigger and stronger say 305+ and 25+ while maintaining athletic qualities would have moved him up the board but now he's starting to look injury prone and hasn't addressed size strength concerns.

Just a note on the what happens if all the good OTs are taken scenario - 1. I don't see 4 or even 3 OTs being taken before the Bills pick too many good players would have to drop lower than where they are rated 2. Even if that happened it might not make a difference in that while I think Okung is the #1 OT I think Bulaga,Williams,Campbell, and Davis are not clear cut and could be in any order depending on the coaches preference so even if 4 OTs are taken before the Bills pick the Bills 2nd rated OT could still be there- and if worse came to worse and all the OTs the Bills like were taken it would mean that multiple highly rated players have dropped leaving the Bills in prime position to trade down.

I think Mike Iupati will crack the top four. I think some team will take a gamble that they can teach him RT or even LT over taking a chance on the work ethic and commitment of say Anthony Davis.

I love how people are down on Bulaga and high on Williams. Did people not watch Oklahoma this year? Williams struggled mightily as a LT. The guy who knocked out Bradford comes flying in from his side. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcaYwLTBwzo

Williams is a great athlete for an oline but that is the main reason his stock has risen. He is going to struggle as a LT in this league.

1) Okung - Future pro bowler

2) Bulaga - Oh wait. Gallery and Bulaga went to the same school so they are the same player.

3) Davis - Has talent, I would never draft him though. Too risky.

4) Tie between Williams, Campbell, and Charles Brown, USC - Williams could be a very a good RT. I jsut hope some team before us picks him to be a LT. Brown is a little raw but he keeps his QBs clean. Campbell is a freak but his gametapes are very limited and the ACC wasn't a great league this year.

1. Okung

2. Bulaga (who's arms are just as long as pro bowl OTs David Diehl, Jason Peters, Joe Thomas, Matt Light, Jordan Gross, and Chad Clifton, by the way)

3. Williams

4. Brown

and has slower feet, worse kick slide and less athletic than all of them....

I love how people are down on Bulaga and high on Williams. Did people not watch Oklahoma this year? Williams struggled mightily as a LT. The guy who knocked out Bradford comes flying in from his side. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcaYwLTBwzo

Williams is a great athlete for an oline but that is the main reason his stock has risen. He is going to struggle as a LT in this league.

1) Okung - Future pro bowler

2) Bulaga - Oh wait. Gallery and Bulaga went to the same school so they are the same player.

3) Davis - Has talent, I would never draft him though. Too risky.

4) Tie between Williams, Campbell, and Charles Brown, USC - Williams could be a very a good RT. I jsut hope some team before us picks him to be a LT. Brown is a little raw but he keeps his QBs clean. Campbell is a freak but his gametapes are very limited and the ACC wasn't a great league this year.

What part of virtually every expert saying Bulaga is a RIGHT tackle is being repeatedly missed here by Bills fans?

Bulaga was coached up by the same coaching staff that coached Gallery, that is where some have an issue. I have an issue with him being an average passblocker at the college level, short arms, not a great kick slide nor naturally athletic.

I think Bulaga is hands down the most overhyped player in the draft. Until this offseason no one here talked about him at all and I heard nothing on him from the draft 'guru's.

That said, Nix takes him I will back the guy.

Okung

Davis

Trent

Bulaga

Next 2

Brown

Campbell

I would have a hard time drafting Davis at 9 over Trent because of the risk, but I actually think he is more talented, and rivals Okung on talent. That being said, I think all 3 are still pretty close on talent level still...

What part of virtually every expert saying Bulaga is a RIGHT tackle is being repeatedly missed here by Bills fans?

Bulaga was coached up by the same coaching staff that coached Gallery, that is where some have an issue. I have an issue with him being an average passblocker at the college level, short arms, not a great kick slide nor naturally athletic.

I think Bulaga is hands down the most overhyped player in the draft. Until this offseason no one here talked about him at all and I heard nothing on him from the draft 'guru's.

That said, Nix takes him I will back the guy.

Bulaga was a top 10 pick on everyone's board after a solid combine. However, draft nerds get bored and have to nit pick the crap out of everything. Bulaga went to the same school as Robert Gallery? Hmmm. Let's just ignore that Bulaga is a full 3 years younger. Bulaga doesn't have Stretch Armstrong arms. Hmmm. Let's jsut say he has short arms even though he is right in the middle of NFL LTs and has longer arms than several pro bowl LTs & a 1/2" than the best LT in the NFL (Joe Thomas).

But obviously, Bulaga has T Rex arms and is the next Robert Gallery. I can't wait until Thursday and we can jsut stop all this nonsense.

Bulaga was a top 10 pick on everyone's board after a solid combine. However, draft nerds get bored and have to nit pick the crap out of everything. Bulaga went to the same school as Robert Gallery? Hmmm. Let's just ignore that Bulaga is a full 3 years younger. Bulaga doesn't have Stretch Armstrong arms. Hmmm. Let's jsut say he has short arms even though he is right in the middle of NFL LTs and has longer arms than several pro bowl LTs & a 1/2" than the best LT in the NFL (Joe Thomas).

But obviously, Bulaga has T Rex arms and is the next Robert Gallery. I can't wait until Thursday and we can jsut stop all this nonsense.

Agreed. But I will say again, if he is Nix's pick so be it and I will support the guy.