Jon Gruden QB Special

What I am getting at is that ppl say this stuff and it means ZERO, what are Tebow's intangibles, and how will they make him a good player? That what I want to know, b/c personally, I think its a bunch of feel good BS. Will his will to win help him read a friggin defense? NO Will his "intangibles" change the fact that his mobility doesnt translate? NO, thats what I am getting at,

Clausen has all the tools, tebow does not. Tebow had a ****-ton of talent all around him at florida, thats why he was a winner, his "intangibles" wont mean jack on a pro team

Take a breather, dude. I'm in agreement with you. Intangibles are important. But so is throwing a skinny post, or a deep out on the opposite side of the field, or reading man vs. zone coverage. I don't think Tebow has it. I bet he'll see the field for some team one year and make some flashy plays like Kordell Stewart, but I don't see him being a franchise quarterback.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tebows intangibles are,

1.Leadership

2.Determination

3.Faith

4.Enthusiasm

5.Strength of character

7.Drive to excel

8.Humbleness

9.WINNER

Clausen does'nt have many if any of these.

Clausen has more 4th qtr comebacks than any of the top 4 QBs, that speaks well to his Leadership, determination, drive to excel. As far as the others he shows great enthusiasm, work ethic. IDK what faith has to do with pro sports, but ok, tebow does have that.

Look I dont dislike tebow, but I think some of the stuff ppl like about him has NOTHING to do with football, and thus will not help him overcome his shortcomings.

Jon Gruden once coached Helen Keller to a QB rating of 102. She threw for 4572 yards and 36 TD's. She used to have to tickle the center's bum to snap the ball and the shotgun was always an adventure.

Way to go Jon Gruden :unsure:

Oh...I get it...Rob Johnson is Helen Keller? :thumbsup:

Am I the only one that thought Gruden was hard to watch? I liked Tebow as a prospect, but after watching that he's taken a bit of a hit in my book. His release is getting faster, but the Q&A part in the beginning was awful. Rushed sentences and he seemed defensive, you could see his answers had been coached. Granted, he's a football player, and has much success in college-I also can't blame him for being defensive during the draft process. I am not completely opposed to drafting him, but this interview bothered me. I know all prospects are coached up for the draft process, but Clausen actually seemed to just be himself in the Q&A, and carried on a dialogue with Gruden, thinking about the questions and responding. Tebow seemed like he knew what he was going to say before any questions were asked.

I hope whichever QB we draft this year turns out to be our franchise player. I'll support whoever gets drafted, although I'll hope they keep their political views less public than their football. Also, I actually haven't watched all of Gruden's interview with McCoy, because Gruden was so unbearable I had to stop it. He is just terrible when he's being filmed.

EDIT: someone did react like I did! Except I thought Clausen was fine given the circumstances:

I didn't see all of this (really, just a chunk of the Clausen segment), but I thought Gruden was awful. He seemed much more interested in looking like a big shot than he did in creating useful analysis. I wasn't too terribly impressed with Clausen, but I got the feeling he just wanted to bolt because Gruden was browbeating him. Gruden went into the show with a Mike Wallace "Gotcha" attitude, and the second Clausen tried to explain that someone else made a mistake, Gruden pounced on him. It was like he had an agenda to prove that Clausen is the weaselly little turd that so many unofficial scouts say he is. Clausen may very well be a weaselly turd; Gruden is worse.

Tangent on Gruden being absolutely awful on film over :thumbdown:

The problem with Clausen is that many (including me) worry if he doesn't have success right away, that he'll cave or blame others. He has been a success since he was a kid and I think he gets by on his talent. Will he work on improving if his NFL game is subpar? Rumors say he's not a big film-study guy. He reminds me of Rob Johnson with some J.P. Losman added in.

Having said that, if we trade DOWN from #9 and he's still there, take him. It's fate--I wouldn't pass twice. It's a dice roll.

Tebows intangibles are,

1.Leadership

2.Determination

3.Faith

4.Enthusiasm

5.Strength of character

7.Drive to excel

8.Humbleness

9.WINNER

Clausen does'nt have many if any of these.

You've obviously not seen him play much and are just following the crowd.

Also, whatl does faith have to do with anything in this discussion?

The problem with Clausen is that many (including me) worry if he doesn't have success right away, that he'll cave or blame others. He has been a success since he was a kid and I think he gets by on his talent. Will he work on improving if his NFL game is subpar? Rumors say he's not a big film-study guy. He reminds me of Rob Johnson with some J.P. Losman added in.

Having said that, if we trade DOWN from #9 and he's still there, take him. It's fate--I wouldn't pass twice. It's a dice roll.

that's a blatant lie, one of his admirable qualities is that he is a film junkie and gym rat

that's a blatant lie, one of his admirable qualities is that he is a film junkie and gym rat

Ok. Maybe that's the truth.

I just watched this off of DVR. Very impressed with Colt McCoy.

Claussen still scares me off. I think he has all of the physical talent needed to play QB and he gets by with just that. I think some of the intangibles including coachability is what I question.

Bradford is going to get killed if he takes the type of sacks in the NFL that he did in college. Wow.

Ok. Maybe that's the truth.

I just watched this off of DVR. Very impressed with Colt McCoy.

Claussen still scares me off. I think he has all of the physical talent needed to play QB and he gets by with just that. I think some of the intangibles including coachability is what I question.

Bradford is going to get killed if he takes the type of sacks in the NFL that he did in college. Wow.

I think the hate for Clausen is so overblown. In one aspect, his interview was better than everyone else's. Clausen was the only player taking notes in the film session with Gruden. This shows two things, he is willing to come in, listen, and learn. Additionally, he's going to do so in a professional manner, which is something working with a NFL coach for 3 years will teach you. Lots of times successful people are cocky jerks, but that doesn't hurt their performance. People tend to forget that Jim Kelly was pretty full of himself when he was QB.

As far as Gruden, I thought he really made it interesting. Knew his stuff, and wasn't afraid to ask the questions like a coach would. He can be pretty hilarious, too.

Well, according to McShay, Skelton (Fordham) has the strongest arm in the draft, followed by Brown (WVU) and Clark (PSU), McShay said his arm strength is "below average" and Kiper said he has "not great arm strength." CBS Sports says "his lack of arm strength that has scouts concerned." The few games I've seen him play I've never seen anything resembling a cannon, although it's not as bad as his accuracy. If you've talked to "every scout in the NFL" and they say otherwise then I apologize.

A couple things on arm strength. Skelton DOES have a cannon. I've neer heard anyone (credible) question Tebow's arm strength. McShay and Kiper are not scouts. They're scouts of scouts and rely on other people's opinions and motivations.

Am I the only one that thought Gruden was hard to watch? I liked Tebow as a prospect, but after watching that he's taken a bit of a hit in my book. His release is getting faster, but the Q&A part in the beginning was awful. Rushed sentences and he seemed defensive, you could see his answers had been coached. Granted, he's a football player, and has much success in college-I also can't blame him for being defensive during the draft process. I am not completely opposed to drafting him, but this interview bothered me. I know all prospects are coached up for the draft process, but Clausen actually seemed to just be himself in the Q&A, and carried on a dialogue with Gruden, thinking about the questions and responding. Tebow seemed like he knew what he was going to say before any questions were asked.

I hope whichever QB we draft this year turns out to be our franchise player. I'll support whoever gets drafted, although I'll hope they keep their political views less public than their football. Also, I actually haven't watched all of Gruden's interview with McCoy, because Gruden was so unbearable I had to stop it. He is just terrible when he's being filmed.

EDIT: someone did react like I did! Except I thought Clausen was fine given the circumstances:

Tangent on Gruden being absolutely awful on film over :lol:

I loved Tebow's interview. He took responsibility for himself, showed passion and was the only one who looked like a General. The rest were Lieutenants at best.

I didn't see all of this (really, just a chunk of the Clausen segment), but I thought Gruden was awful. He seemed much more interested in looking like a big shot than he did in creating useful analysis. I wasn't too terribly impressed with Clausen, but I got the feeling he just wanted to bolt because Gruden was browbeating him. Gruden went into the show with a Mike Wallace "Gotcha" attitude, and the second Clausen tried to explain that someone else made a mistake, Gruden pounced on him. It was like he had an agenda to prove that Clausen is the weaselly little turd that so many unofficial scouts say he is. Clausen may very well be a weaselly turd; Gruden is worse.

Back off Chuckie. It's okay to favor Clausen, but I thought if nothing else, it was great TV. He exposed a weakness on each QB. He also pointed out strengths. Whadya want, Mr. Rogers? I like passion. And Gruden has that.

A couple things on arm strength. Skelton DOES have a cannon. I've neer heard anyone (credible) question Tebow's arm strength. McShay and Kiper are not scouts. They're scouts of scouts and rely on other people's opinions and motivations.

Jeff george had arm strenght too. :lol: Most overated portion of a QB.

What I am getting at is that ppl say this stuff and it means ZERO, what are Tebow's intangibles, and how will they make him a good player? That what I want to know, b/c personally, I think its a bunch of feel good BS. Will his will to win help him read a friggin defense? NO Will his "intangibles" change the fact that his mobility doesnt translate? NO, thats what I am getting at,

Clausen has all the tools, tebow does not. Tebow had a ****-ton of talent all around him at florida, thats why he was a winner, his "intangibles" wont mean jack on a pro team

Your argument of Clausen "has all the tools" holds no more water than the other guys argument about "intangibles".