Buddy Forewarns

Please God!! :rolleyes: Please Don't let this be a forewarning about a Tebow pick at #9!!!!!!!!! I'm beggin ya God!!! I'm beggin ya!!!

Amongst all the smoke screens that Nix and Modrak put up yesterday, this is the one thing I do NOT think you have to worry about. Modrak was pretty clear that there were only 2 QBs at the top of this draft, Bradford and Clausen. He said there was significant drop-off after that but wouldn't go into detail about how significant the drop-off is. So, while they may be interested in Tebow with pick 41, you can safely cross him off the list at 9.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Amongst all the smoke screens that Nix and Modrak put up yesterday, this is the one thing I do NOT think you have to worry about. Modrak was pretty clear that there were only 2 QBs as the top of this draft, Bradford and Clausen. He said there was significant drop-off after that but wouldn't go into detail about how significant the drop-off is. So, while they may be interested in Tebow with pick 41, you can safely cross him off the list at 9.

:rolleyes: I hope you're right.

Remember all of the whining about the Byrd pick? We really didn't need another safety at the time, but we got one hell of a player and upgrade. Take a player who might turn out to be an all-pro, not necessarily an adequate/good guy who fills a need.

Just imagine if Chris Johnson was on the Bills. I'd be happy as hell if Spiller could produce anywhere near what Johnson does. The guy is electrifying and breaks long ones all the time, and Spiller has got that kind of speed.

Nix has a way with words, as evidenced by his comments at the Gailey hiring PC. He talked about how even the Raiders get calls about their HC jobs. He seems more the blunt than the savvy type front office executive.

They can't deny there are serious issues at OT and NT. And as much as they may not want to admit it, they'll probably take their 4th rated OT or be faced with a NT. Going with Spiller, or an OLB would be nice, but ignores their biggest roster issues.

Just imagine if Chris Johnson was on the Bills. I'd be happy as hell if Spiller could produce anywhere near what Johnson does. The guy is electrifying and breaks long ones all the time, and Spiller has got that kind of speed.

Personally I think Picking Spiller for this Team, at this time, is completely stupid...It would prove to me that somehow, someway, Modrak has been a HUGE part of the problem all along in the Draft Room...Cause Drafting Spiller, a part-time scat-back-type at #9 Overall, would fall in line with the some of the dumb things we've seen come out of OBD on Draft Day over the past decade...The only common denominator at that point would be Modrak...

Seriously, I hope to God Seattle saves The Bills from themselves...I hope all this Spiller talk was to entice someone above them to Draft the Kid so a Top OT or Defensive Front 7 Prospect will slide to #9 Overall...

And btw...If Chris Johnson was on The Bills he would not get the Blocking he gets in Tennessee...I'm not sure how much better than Freddie he would be...I'm sure he would be better...But not necessarily significantly... :bag:

I wouldn't be hugely mad if they took Spiller. If Okung, Trent Williams, Derrick Morgan, Sam Bradford, Suh or Gerald McCoy are still there I'll be pretty upset. If he turns out to be a Chris Johnson clone I'll be very happy with the pick.

My guess is that if none of the tackles that we desire are there and Clausen is gone, then Spiller will be our pick.

I have a gut feeling that he will have a similar impact in the NFL as Chris Johnson does.

I agree, they are going to go by THEIR board.

If they feel that none of the say top 3 OT's are off the board they are going with the best player that can make an impact.

I would not be surprised if Spiller is the pick, but my gut is saying they will go Defense. either Morgan or McClain.

Buddy said something that caught my ears, he said that you built the lines first basically, that way you will be good for a while, which makes sense to me.

"When it comes time, if we think there’s two left tackles in the draft that can come in and make an immediate impact that can play from Day 1, that’s what we expect from a top-10 choice. But we don’t always get what we want. It’s like Christmas time. You don’t always get what you’re looking for.” Buddy Nix - I think he's telling us that there are only two left tackles that get a top 10 pick grade and that they will be long gone.

Furthermore...

“Absolutely (head coach Chan Gailey will have an impact),” he said. “I think what he’s saying is we need a guy. It’d be nice to have a guy that can create points for you, field position and create ways to score.” - Buddy Nix - Sounds like Spiller to me.

A forewarning? Or just a bluff...we'll find out in one week....

GO BILLS!

After watching the whole press conference...I narrowed it down to Spiller,D. Thomas, or Claussen. Claussen doesnt fit the bill as day 1 starter, but they may like him more than I do. To me Demarius Thomas makes the most sense, one of the most glaring needs on this team is at WR with 2 starters from last year gone in TO and J Reed. One thing which is so obvious, yet is never mentioned is WR, to me the cj spiller is all smoke screen to prevent a team from leap frogging them for Thomas, or perhaps to convince a team to be a trade partner with the bills.

"When it comes time, if we think there’s two left tackles in the draft that can come in and make an immediate impact that can play from Day 1, that’s what we expect from a top-10 choice. But we don’t always get what we want. It’s like Christmas time. You don’t always get what you’re looking for.” Buddy Nix - I think he's telling us that there are only two left tackles that get a top 10 pick grade and that they will be long gone.

Furthermore...

“Absolutely (head coach Chan Gailey will have an impact),” he said. “I think what he’s saying is we need a guy. It’d be nice to have a guy that can create points for you, field position and create ways to score.” - Buddy Nix - Sounds like Spiller to me.

A forewarning? Or just a bluff...we'll find out in one week....

GO BILLS!

Good post. But I don't think it's Spiller, I think it's Clausen.

You are dead on. Anything said now is 100% falsehood... Nix is hoping he can get seatte or someone else to trade up to trade

Nah. Why bother to lie when nothing you say has less than 10 possible meanings and every statement has "maybe" and "if" in it?

you also realize that Seattle has a 2nd #1 pick right behind the Bills at #14, don't you?

You realize that the pick at #6 would be the one they would use if they want to get someone ahead of #10, don't you?

Someone might trade up, but the odds are high that it won't be Seattle.

You have to love Chris Johnson, but a lot of what he does he does because their o-line is very very good. And for the last half of the season, so was their QB. That will open up defenses a lot.

I still wouldn't bet against LT at 9 -- at least not based on Nix's comments. While Nix did say that the scouts only have 2 guys graded as top 9, we do not know who those guys are. Assuming one of them is Okung and he is gone, we have no idea who the Bills have as the 2nd best OT. It could be Davis. It could be Williams. It could be Bulaga. This may be smoke on the part of Nix too -- as if they do wind up taking a tackle there, look for him to say that (whomever it is is) -- that is the guy that they had ranked as the #2 OT in this draft. Remember back in 2007, when they traded up for Poz and claimed that they had him ranked ahead of Willis?

Assuming that he was being straight, we can be pretty sure he didn't mean Davis or Campbell. He has said on several occasions that the thing that counts when evaluating prospects is what you see on tape ... what they did on the field. Neither of these guys has played at an extremely high level. Both of them are more about potential.

I also assume that Okung is one, but as for whether the other is Bulaga or Williams, who knows?

You have to love Chris Johnson, but a lot of what he does he does because their o-line is very very good. And for the last half of the season, so was their QB. That will open up defenses a lot.

Tennessee has used some resources on OL -Michael Roos (2nd) was drafted and re-signed, Eugene Amano was re-signed, Mawae has been more than serviceable, David Stewart was 2nd team all-pro in 08, and Jake Scott is a decent guard.

Buffalo has next to nothing at OT (Tennesee's strength) and their interior line has issues with Hangartner being subpar. No way Spiller comes on board and becomes a Johnson like player for Buffalo.