Which would you rather have ?...Marshall at $10 mil

papazoid

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL! Forgetting that Marshall isn't "one of the top 2 or 3 receivers in the league," that you can defend a "thug" from another team is pretty funny in and of itself.

Marshall is one of 5 WR in the history of the league who has caught 100 or more three seasons in a row.

After all this time you still don't understand the use of the word "defend". I am not "defending" Marshall. Nor do I care if ML is a "thug"---except that his moronic tendencies have cost his teammates, to some degree.

You, on the other hand, have excused or expalined away all of ML's trangressions and blame everyone but him for his suspension. If Marshall was a Bill today, you would be giving him your TO "new BFF" treatment.

That's how we're different.

Then you should like this Nix quote I recently read:

"I still firmly believe you have to play defense and you have to be able to run the ball to win championships," Nix said. "If we build a strong defense and a strong front offensive line, we can keep adding some talent, and that way we'll stay good for AWHILE."

uh huh. "Awhile", definition in Billspeak: until the talent becomes recognized and developed, the value and salary demands increase and the Bills refuse to pay market value to retain the talent.

uh huh. "Awhile", definition in Billspeak: until the talent becomes recognized and developed, the value and salary demands increase and the Bills refuse to pay market value to retain the talent.

Ummm what. Wow that's just incredibly negative. I miss Williams, and Winfield to. But get over it already.

$10 million dollars...... Brandon Marshall.....for two 2nd round picks and lots of money leftover for free agents.

which would you rather have ??? (let's use buffalo's two 2nd round picks from last year and this years free agent signing)

Miami $10 mil (Marshall $10 mil)

or

Buffalo $10 mil (Byrd $750,000 , Levitre $666,000 , Andra Davis $2.2mil, Dwan Edwards $4.5mil, with $2mil leftover)

i like buffalo's hand.

I would pay 2 recievers Ten Million per year, Moss and Johnson! Lee Evans I would pay about 500,000/year( actually I would cut him)

What he said. :rolleyes:

The fins are trading future players that will hurt them down the road. Do you really believe they are one receiver away from making the SB? That's the only way this trade would make any sense to me. They are giving away two potential future starters for a guy who's thisclose to a one year suspension. With Bill Parcells picking then a lot of people here would automatically write those two picks in as starters.

Would you trade Eric Woods, Shawn Nelson and a sixth round pick this year for Jason Peters?

Link

Marshall was tied for third in number of catches last year with Andre Johnson. He ranked 14th in receiving yards and tied for seventh in TD's with Dallas Clark and Reggie Wayne. He's a good receiver but not a top two or three.

:w00t::blush:

This whole concept of not picking top young players just becuase your team is not on the cusp of appearing in the SB is some of the most bizarre thinking I've seen here.

If I'm in the Bills front office I won't gamble two second round picks that he will mature. I'd rather have Dwan Edwards, Drayton Florence and Donte Whitner than Marshall. JMO

This whole concept of not picking top young players just becuase your team is not on the cusp of appearing in the SB is some of the most bizarre thinking I've seen here.

They need a WR and they got one of the best (he is one of only 5 in history who have caught over 100 passes 3 years in a row). Their future picks at number 2 would have as likely to be crap--just like a lot of 2 picks (and like our last 2 WR picks).

Also, Parcells just picked Marshall. You're arguing what?

Marshall is one of 5 WR in the history of the league who has caught 100 or more three seasons in a row.

After all this time you still don't understand the use of the word "defend". I am not "defending" Marshall. Nor do I care if ML is a "thug"---except that his moronic tendencies have cost his teammates, to some degree.

You, on the other hand, have excused or expalined away all of ML's trangressions and blame everyone but him for his suspension. If Marshall was a Bill today, you would be giving him your TO "new BFF" treatment.

That's how we're different.

Yeah we're different because I'm a fan of the Bills, while you pay lip service. Lynch (and Hardy) is a "thug" or a "moron" while Marshall is a "top 2 or 3 WR in the league" who is worth trading away 2-2nd rounders and paying $12M/year, despite never taking his team to the playoffs and having been suspended for REPEATING the same transgressions, a la the other guy you pathetically defended (yes chief, responding in this thread constitutes "defending" him), Small Ben.

Like I told you, I'd have felt "betrayed" by Lynch if he'd even been seen drunk in public, much less "run over" someone again. I could give a **** about the BS pot charges or the gun in his car, because neither was harming anyone and weren't repeat offenses.

Actually, that's how we're different.

$10 million dollars...... Brandon Marshall.....for two 2nd round picks and lots of money leftover for free agents.

which would you rather have ??? (let's use buffalo's two 2nd round picks from last year and this years free agent signing)

Miami $10 mil (Marshall $10 mil)

or

Buffalo $10 mil (Byrd $750,000 , Levitre $666,000 , Andra Davis $2.2mil, Dwan Edwards $4.5mil, with $2mil leftover)

i like buffalo's hand.

Marshall. Not even close. Would Miami make that trade ? Of course not.

They need a WR and they got one of the best (he is one of only 5 in history who have caught over 100 passes 3 years in a row). Their future picks at number 2 would have as likely to be crap--just like a lot of 2 picks (and like our last 2 WR picks).

Also, Parcells just picked Marshall. You're arguing what?

So you think spending two high draft picks on one player is something teams should do all the time? Why give two picks for one guy when you could get two guys, who either contribute more combined or just one becomes better than what you've spent it on? That's not how you build a team.

Yeah we're different because I'm a fan of the Bills, while you pay lip service. Lynch (and Hardy) is a "thug" or a "moron" while Marshall is a "top 2 or 3 WR in the league" who is worth trading away 2-2nd rounders and paying $12M/year, despite never taking his team to the playoffs and having been suspended for REPEATING the same transgressions, a la the other guy you pathetically defended (yes chief, responding in this thread constitutes "defending" him), Small Ben.

Like I told you, I'd have felt "betrayed" by Lynch if he'd even been seen drunk in public, much less "run over" someone again. I could give a **** about the BS pot charges or the gun in his car, because neither was harming anyone and weren't repeat offenses.

Actually, that's how we're different.

:bag:

So you think spending two high draft picks on one player is something teams should do all the time? Why give two picks for one guy when you could get two guys, who either contribute more combined or just one becomes better than what you've spent it on? That's not how you build a team.

WEO cast his lot with Marshall when I compared Lynch's punishment and crimes to Marshall's punishment and crimes and he had a problem with it. Had that never happened and the Bills traded for him instead, he'd have been female canining about what a bad move it was to trade and give-up so much for a "thug" who is one bitchslap to his broad away from a long suspension. But hey, such is WEO.

Then again, maybe since Marshall doesn't call out his QB's and draw attention to himself (well, outside of getting arrested every off-season), that's why he's okay in his book?

The thing that keeps getting skipped here is:

WHO'S GOING TO THROW HIM THE BALL?

Pennington is one sack away from breaking in half and can barely throw the ball 20 yards. Henne hasn't proven to be all world, he's not even all Florida at this point.

Please don't tell me you're inferring Garrard or Josh Freeman is better than Henne????

Kyle Orton isn't all world either, but Marshall made him look pretty damn good last year. Some around here have even petitioned for him....

Henne was without a weapon at WR last year. Marshall changes that. I wouldn't poop on Henne just yet...

God I hate the F'n Dolphins... :bag:

Please don't tell me you're inferring Garrard or Josh Freeman is better than Henne????

Kyle Orton isn't all world either, but Marshall made him look pretty damn good last year. Some around here have even petitioned for him....

Henne was without a weapon at WR last year. Marshall changes that. I wouldn't poop on Henne just yet...

God I hate the F'n Dolphins... :bag:

In my book, Garrard and Orton are two of the most underrated QBs in the NFL.

Also, I'm a huge Michigan fan, and followed Henne's career, and do not believe in the guy at all. I do not believe that Henne will have as good a career as Garrard or Orton. I also think Josh Freeman will become a much better player than Henne.

I will grant you that Henne lacked receiving weapons.

Next year will be very interesting in the AFC East because two unproven quarterbacks in Sanchez and Henne are being given all the weapons needed to succeed.

Both the Jets and Dolphins have strong running games and now strong wide receiving corps (S. Holmes, B.Edwards....B. Marshall, D. Bess).

Neither Henne or Sanchez will have any excuse if they don't show substantial improvement in 2010.

In my book, Garrard and Orton are two of the most underrated QBs in the NFL.

Also, I'm a huge Michigan fan, and followed Henne's career, and do not believe in the guy at all. I do not believe that Henne will have as good a career as Garrard or Orton. I also think Josh Freeman will become a much better player than Henne.

I will grant you that Henne lacked receiving weapons.

Next year will be very interesting in the AFC East because two unproven quarterbacks in Sanchez and Henne are being given all the weapons needed to succeed.

Both the Jets and Dolphins have strong running games and now strong wide receiving corps (S. Holmes, B.Edwards....B. Marshall, D. Bess).

Neither Henne or Sanchez will have any excuse if they don't show substantial improvement in 2010.

I'm actually pretty shocked by all of this.

I'm an OSU fan and my best friend is a Michigan fan, so I'm fairly familiar with Henne. Oh, you can also add my wife as a Dolphins fan.

I had Orton and Garrard on my Fantasy bench last year. I played Orton a few times, but ONLY because Marshall was on the field.

We're going to have to agree to disagree on Henne. I like all 3 QB's, I really do. But give all three a Brandon Marshall, and I feel Henne has the edge. Of course, it could also be due to a great running sheme, OL, and pretty damn good coaching as well.

Wow, two 2nds and $10 mil and you hope he matures? Really? That's a luxury we don't have. I like the course Buddy has chosen. Build with the draft and add mid level FA's and build this team from the inside out. That's the route the PATs are seemingly back to after their flirtation with splashy acquisitions. Didn't turn out so well for them.

Did I say that I wanted us to do it?

I did say that it looks like an excellent pickup for them, though.

And the Pats* didn't pick up all that many splashy acquisitions, really, not at huge paydays anyway. They've always been a team that builds through the draft. Lately, though, their drafts haven't been that great, and we've seen the problems that come from that on the field in N.E.

Would you trade Eric Woods, Shawn Nelson and a sixth round pick this year for Jason Peters?

Gosh, I'd have to ... YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!

Doing the Peters trade backwards and getting him in exchange for Woods, Nelson and a sixth pick? Of course. Only the haters wouldn't do that deal.

We could throw out the need for LT and concentrate on some of our other needs at round one? In a second.

And what about next year when the salary cap returns? Get rid of them all?

I basically agree that this shouldn't have us spending like drunken sailors, but folks here are acting like there's a guarantee that the salary cap will return. Hey, we may well have a labor stoppage, and at that point, there will be no guarantees.

:bag:

Yes it is, or one way. You don't want to do it every year and especially not twice a year, but picking up difference makers ... you have to do it.

Two solid players doesn't equal one playmaker. Not even close. And Marshall is a playmaker.