NHL Playoffs thread...

Buftex

BTW, if I was Darcy Regeir, I would be hanging out in Chicago towards the end of the playoffs....they are going to have to shed some MAJOR salary....they have almost 50 million tied up in Hossa kane Toews, Soup, Keith, Boland, Sharp, Seabrook and Huet

WOW

:lol:

• Replies 776
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BTW, if I was Darcy Regeir, I would be hanging out in Chicago towards the end of the playoffs....they are going to have to shed some MAJOR salary....they have almost 50 million tied up in Hossa kane Toews, Soup, Keith, Boland, Sharp, Seabrook and Huet

I'll take Keith and Toews over here!

those guys are going anywhere...sharp, bfugjfkjfkjfkjfkflin, Versteeg etc will need new homes next year....

Butler, Stafford and a pick for Sharp and Bfuglien.....get er done darcy

Byfuglien is a name meant for the Sabres. I'm not too crazy about the money he'll get though. Still, he would be a big step up from Stafford.

How about you !@#$ off?

It's only game one man, don't take it so hard. LOL. One point that Versus actually made tonight that I agree with. I agree they maybe should have considered starting Price instead of Halak, and let Halak rest and come back fresh for the Sunday afternoon game. Tough to do though, because the Habs fans would have wanted blood. However, it may have been the best way to steal a game (#2) with a fresh goaltender.

I thought that was some sound logic. I don't think the Habs made a mistake by starting Halak tonight, but maybe a good point about waiting until game 2.

It's only game one man, don't take it so hard. LOL. One point that Versus actually made tonight that I agree with. I agree they maybe should have considered starting Price instead of Halak, and let Halak rest and come back fresh for the Sunday afternoon game. Tough to do though, because the Habs fans would have wanted blood. However, it may have been the best way to steal a game (#2) with a fresh goaltender.

I thought that was some sound logic. I don't think the Habs made a mistake by starting Halak tonight, but maybe a good point about waiting until game 2.

Without Markov it's over.

I'm not a big fan of switching goaltenders. I hate Cooke.

Without Markov it's over.

I'm not a big fan of switching goaltenders. I hate Cooke.

There was nothing wrong with Cooke's hit there. Matter of fact, I was kind of amazed at how easy Markov went down. They both had pretty good leverage, but Cooke seemed to get the better of that hit, which kind of shocked me.

If you didn't like Cooke's play tonight, I'd have to say Gomez played 2 times dirtier with his stick tonight than anyone on the Pens. Although, I wasn't put off by anyone's rough play on either team.

There was nothing wrong with Cooke's hit there. Matter of fact, I was kind of amazed at how easy Markov went down. They both had pretty good leverage, but Cooke seemed to get the better of that hit, which kind of shocked me.

If you didn't like Cooke's play tonight, I'd have to say Gomez played 2 times dirtier with his stick tonight than anyone on the Pens. Although, I wasn't put off by anyone's rough play on either team.

I didn't say it was dirty. All I said is I hate the guy.

I kinda shook my head at that logic. Who sits a hot goalie? No one.

I kinda shook my head at that logic. Who sits a hot goalie? No one.

They based it all upon rest. There apparently is a history with Halak being subpar with minimal rest. The analysis of the situation also said that it would be impossible to sit Halak, however, knowing what everyone knows about Halak, starting Price for game one would have been the smart move based on Halak's past. They also said that no one would have done it based on how he played vs. Washington.

We've got ourselves a series now. 1-1.

It looks like the Habs are the new makings of the NJ Devils. I gotta admit, I haven't watched them play much, but god are they boring. 6 shots pretty much in the 2nd and 3rd periods. Until that third goal that is. It seems like they have 4 guys in their own zone in front of Halak at all times. It's not like they are good shot blockers, they just clog up the zone so much it's always hitting one of them. Not a bad system I guess until their talent will allow them to open it up a bit.

Good game. It will now be talent vs. system the rest of the way out. Interesting, if you like system hockey.

See ya Tuesday.

Classy hit by a Pens goon.

Looks like Halak isn't solved after all now is he?

Fleury had himself a nice plate of fresh Callamari's :thumbsup:

Talent will beat the system in the end. I can't imagine how someone could sit and watch this boring system all year. But hey, it worked today.

Talent will beat the system in the end. I can't imagine how someone could sit and watch this boring system all year. But hey, it worked today.

Really? The Devils won how many cups based on a system?

But anyways, if Fleury didn't suck ass, it would be 2-0.

But hey, at least your forwards have talent.