Dolphins shopping Ginn

Leonidas

Parrish was a second rounder. And Ginn is the better WR, by far.

LOL by far? How is very useless better than extremely useless? Neither guy has done anything as a WR.

I know you're a Bills fan, so the 175 yard game against Terrence McGee is in your memory bank, but over the course of his career, he has been a HUGE bust at the position.

LOL by far? How is very useless better than extremely useless? Neither guy has done anything as a WR.

I know you're a Bills fan, so the 175 yard game against Terrence McGee is in your memory bank, but over the course of his career, he has been a HUGE bust at the position.

Don't forget that McGee also was playing hurt that game. Ted Jr. did not have a repeat performance when TM was healthy.

I can't dispute anything you just said. I would just say that Ginn's production as a #1 (facing the opposition's top CB) has far surpassed Parrish's production facing LB's, S's, and backup DB's. I know he gets less playing time, but still. I'll still take "sorta useless" over "completely useless."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d8...mp;confirm=true

please delete if this has already been posted

Someone in another thread made a reference to Ronnie Brown's jersey being on sale for $30.

I went and checked and sure enough his and Ginn's jersey's have been slashed in price.

Hmmmmm.......

I don't think Ginn is a bad receiver, actually, I just think - well, I know - he's not a bonafide #1. I wouldn't mind bringing him in as a potential #2 to compete with Stevie J. and Frankenstein, but it would have to be a real low-risk move - no higher than a third-day pick.

He reminds me of Peerless Price. Small stature, very fast, good hands, afraid of contact, can certainly get open against single coverage. Solid deep threat.

From ESPN Insider:

More teams after Ginn?

4:39PM ET

Ted Ginn Jr. | Dolphins | Interested: Cardinals?, Buccaneers?, Ravens?, Panthers?, Chiefs?

Top Email

Armando Salguero of the Miami Herald corresponded with an anonymous NFL personnel man who indicated the Miami Dolphins "might" be able to get a fifth-rounder for Ted Ginn. And the word "might" was emphasized twice. If that's the price tag (or if it's even lower), there could be some very interested teams.

As we know, the Dolphins are reportedly shopping the WR, according to a report from Jason La Canfora of NFL.com. We aregued that the arrival of Brandon Marshall in Miami may accelerate Ginn's departure, even though Ginn wasn't much of a receiving weapon in 2009.

Ginn has shown some ability in the return game, with two kick return TDs, and he's regarded as quite a speedster by most observers. In examining the teams that could be interested in Ginn, perhaps it's more useful to see which teams need the help in the return phase as opposed to who necessarily needs a WR. Going on that line of thinking, ESPN's AFC West blogger Bill Williamson speculated that the Kansas City Chiefs might be a good fit, while Mike Berardino of the South Florida Sun-Sentinel chimes in with the Baltimore Ravens (with Cam Cameron, who drafted Ginn and his family ninth overall, as OC) and Carolina Panthers. Darren Urban of AZCardinals.com writes that he makes a bit of sense for the Arizona Cardinals as a weapon in the return game, but his current salary is a bit high.

How about an in-state move to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers? ESPN's NFC South blogger Pat Yasinskas says to keep your eyes on that possibility:

Pat Yasinskas

Makes sense logically

"I'm definitely keeping my eyes and ears open on this one. Ginn doesn't come with baggage and it sure looks likely that the Dolphins are trying to move him. Ginn never quite lived up to his draft status and his skill set doesn't fit with the current Miami offense. But there is some talent there and you could throw him into the mix with Reggie Brown, Michael Clayton and all those other receivers the Bucs have and see who rises up as the No. 2 guy (while still looking for an answer at No. 1). I think this one is at least a possibility, although it's hard to imagine the Bucs parting with any of their draft picks."