Marshawn on his way out

WordByrd

You are correct on that assessment. Most of the teams drafting ahead of us could use an early second round pick for a LT.

St. Louis, Detroit, Washington, Seattle, Raiders have a need for a tackle.

He'll probably go to the Bears with their 1st round pick +/- a trade down.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I doubt we see Lynch moved prior to the draft. If he does get moved it is going to be after Spiller and Matthews come off the board and a team gets desperate for a RB

B-)

That's exactly what Yahoo Sports' Senior Writer seems to think!

I'd say the low 60's is the perfect time to open up them phones.

Ben Tate, Jahvid Best, Gerhardt, maybe Jonathan Dwyer, then there's a huge dropoff.

There's still demand at that point.

It's possible that no RB will be picked from 65-101.

:unsure:

Ben Tate, Jahvid Best, Gerhardt, maybe Jonathan Dwyer, then there's a huge dropoff.

Well that sucks. I was hoping he would be outta here

If we get a low 60s pick for him, that would not suck. That would be amazing. He will probably have more value if they trade him that way. When teams get desperate, they will give us more. Right now I doubt we get a 4th for him. But when teams really need a RB, and the best ones are off the board.... teams wmight just give up something big to us. that would be an awesome surprise in this draft.

http://www.reservationforsix.com/2010/04/n...ders-jason.html

Lynch to Eagles for Vick?

Lynch to Redskins for Campbell? (This seems VERY unlikely since they have 3 former Pro-Bowl RB's on their squad)

This is a site that has all sorts of stuff about Lynch trade rumors...

http://www.marshawnlynchtv.com/buffalo_bills/blogs/

Here are some delusional Dolphins fans thinking they might trade for Lynch...

http://forums.thephins.com/showthread.php?t=47730

Bills want 3rd-rounder for Lynch?

http://gridironfans.com/forums/latest-nfl-...-lynch-3rd.html

Would anybody have taken this trade...Lynch & Whitner for McNabb?

http://mysportspress.com/2010/04/04/donova...marshawn-lynch/

This says we want MORE than draft picks for Lynch...like a QB (Vick or Campbell)

http://www.chinstrapninjas.com/nfl-offseas...tes-to-discuss/

Marshawn Lynch wants out of Buffalo. Can’t say I’d blame him. Can’t say I’d blame the Bills for wanting to get rid of him. It is looking more and more likely that he’ll wind up elsewhere for opening day, and considering his talent and young age, he could be a sleeper RB to target in dynasty leagues. All the recent news blurbs and rumors about him recently, however, don’t name teams that may ante up for his services. I previously thought the Eagles seemed like a good fit before they snagged Mike Bell. Then again, news recently surfaced that the Eagles are looking to trade Mike Vick again. The Bills allegedly want player compensation moreso than draft picks for Lynch. The timing of all this a coincidence? San Diego also seems like a potential destination for a big back like Lynch to complement a speedy Darren Sproles. Where do you think he winds up? Let us know below and we can see together … likely within the next several weeks.

As I mentioned, Michael Vick may be back on the block, and I don’t blame the Eagles for wanting to shed his contract. There are plenty of teams who could use some assistance at QB. The Rams and Bills are two frontrunners, I’d suppose. The Seahawks must want something more … right?

Of course, if a team wants an experienced QB, than Jason Campbell may be the best choice. Odd man out now that McNabb is in Washington, Campbell will likely move before too long. Again, the Bills, Rams and Seahawks would seem as potential suitors. I thought he’d wind up in Arizona before th e Cardinals took a chance on Derek Anderson.

:doh:

As recently as 7 hours ago, Charles Robinson was saying that the discussions are still on about a Pro Bowl RB

being traded, and he was asked if it would be a draft-impacting trade, and he said, "It could be for both teams, but it depends on the compensation."

As recently as 7 hours ago, Charles Robinson was saying that the discussions are still on about a Pro Bowl RB

being traded, and he was asked if it would be a draft-impacting trade, and he said, "It could be for both teams, but it depends on the compensation."

I am about 95% sure Lynch is who everyone has been referring to and about 75% sure that in that case he is going to be traded.

FWIW, my guess is that he gets traded to the Lions for their fourth round pick and some serviceable player.

Ask him to try to be more vague.

:doh:

Toby Gerhardt?

Haven't we had enough Stanford already?

And Toby is a name for a Golden Retriever; not a running back.

...with the signing of these two running backs the last week, looks like Marshawn's days in Buffalo are numbered. It's not like these are monumental signings and it's a position we do need depth in, but looks like they're two bigger type backs that would fill the power runner position.