Marshawn on his way out

WordByrd

You are correct as usual.

Marv and Jauron were every bit as bad as it gets but still, it remains to be seen if the new duo is any better. I take solace in the fact that I truly cannot imagine a way they could be worse, but I still have to see a productive draft to believe that the Bills management is somehow competent.

When Levy selected Whitner at #8 with his first selection as Bills GM, it was as plain as day that he was oblivious, incompetent and inept. It won't take long to figure out Nix and Gailey; we will know in several days.

Whitner, McCargo, Youboty, Simpson, Lynch, Posluszny, T. Edwards, Wright, McKelvin, Hardy, Ellis, Corner, Fine. Those are the rounds (EDIT: 1-4) picks of the Marv/Smithers led drafts from 06-08. By my count, only 2 of those guys will start in 2010: Posluszny and McKelvin. Neither are OL or DL, and if there's a epilogue on those three drafts, it's that Marv and Smithers were absolutely clueless and relied on an equally clueless Dick Jauron for personnel guidance.

There should be no doubt about what to do on draft day: find an OT in Round 1 and a NT is Round 2. No more skill players until those lines are resolved, because right now they both are missing huge pieces.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He is a poster from another site who fancies himself as a sports journalist. He is wrong as often, if not more often than not about his "tips", insights, etc. Yet, just like baseball, if you keep on swinging, you're bound to get a few hits.

It doesn't take much to see that somethings up with Lynch, his no show, etc. Clearly, he lost his starting job last year, and any athlete worth his salt wouldn't be happy about.

I understand being down on Lynch. He had a bad year. The whole offense had a bad year.

But getting rid of him at his lowest value is the move of a losing franchise. He's still the same beast he was 2 years ago and there's just no legit reason to get rid of him. Because he's a punk?? Give me a break. They're ALL punks. We don't want him to date our daughters. We want him to play football. And Lynch is one of our best football players.

No, but Ben Tate in RD3 would be a good pick.

Or trade with the Rams and get Jahvid Best in the 3rd.

I like Toby Gerhart as well. Am I the only one? Or are we all just infatuated with Spiller? Don't get me wrong, I think he is a phenomenal player, but the wrong pick for the Bills right now.

I have always been a OT/NT first two rounds guy, so if we do trade Lynch for some serviceable starter then this is a scenario I think would get the job done:

Trade back in first to acquire additional second round pick. Draft best NT available in first then draft Gerhart and best OT available in second.

We should be able to get Cody or Thomas in first, either of whom I wouldn't mind. I don't know any second round OT prospects off the top of my head but I think we could still grab a good tackle. Thoughts?

Almost everyone seems to expect the Bills go QB or OT with their #9 pick. But if there's an early run on OTs as expected, and Kiper is right that the Bills don't like Clausen, could it be we go Spiller or Bryant in the first round???

Hey, Hondo, welcome to the Wall.

The problem in taking Spiller or Bryant in RD1 is that there is a finite amount of good NT's and LT's, and by not addressing one of those early, the pickings get slimmer. By round, it looks like this:

Left Tackle

RD1

1. Russell Okung, Oklahoma State (Top 5)

2. Bryan Bulaga, Iowa (Top 10)

3. Trent Williams, Oklahoma (Top 13)

4. Anthony Davis, Rutgers (Top 30)

RD2

5. Bruce Campbell, Maryland (Late 1st-Early 2nd)

6. Charles Brown, USC (Late 1st-Early 2nd)

7. Rodger Saffold, Indiana (2nd)

8. Jared Veldheer, Hillsdale (2nd-3rd)

RD3

9. Jason Fox, Miami (3rd-4th)--More likely RT from here on in

RD5

13. Tony Washington, Abilene Christian (5th-7th)--Could be a LT

15. Chris Scott, Tennessee (6th-7th)--blocked for Crompton

16. Derek Hardman, Eastern Kentucky (6th-7th)

Nose Tackle

RD1

3. Dan Williams, Tennessee (Top 20) (NT)

RD2

6. Terrence Cody, Alabama (Late 1st-Early 2nd) (NT)

9. Cam Thomas, North Carolina (2nd-3rd) (NT)

RD3

10. Torrell Troup, Central Florida (3rd-4th) (NT)

RD4

12. Linval Joseph, East Carolina (3rd-5th) (NT)

RD5

16. Jeff Owens, Georgia (5th-7th) (NT)

RD6

20. Jay Ross, East Carolina (6th-7th) (NT)

The need for NT in this draft will make poorer player get picked earlier, so you're looking at Troup or Joseph possibly being picked in the 3rd if you don't take NT or LT in round 1.

no, but check out this avatar

<----------------------------

Marshawn for WordByrd's avatar straight up.....what a deal for the Bills. You can reply to every thread WB and start a lot on your own. You can "belinda" every post if you want....

it's stupid to draft another RB in the first round at the expense of teh OL and front 7 because by the time you get around to building for the "long term", the RBs career in Buffalo will be over (see Travis Henry, Willis, Lynch, etc)

If he can go into the slot and play receiver also it might not be such a stretch.

He won't last to their 2nd round pick.

You are correct on that assessment. Most of the teams drafting ahead of us could use an early second round pick for a LT.

St. Louis, Detroit, Washington, Seattle, Raiders have a need for a tackle.

I think we should go O-line if the first, D-line in the second, and McCluster in the 3rd. I don't know much about the wide-outs in this draft, but hopefully we can find a gem late in the draft. The more weapons on offense will ease the burden for whom ever is the starting QB next year.