Bills open to Brohm starting

bfw1234

Brian Brohm: Bills open to Brohm winning starting QB job

Brian Brohm - QB - BUF - Apr. 9 - 5:10 pm et

According to ESPN's Chris Mortensen, the Bills are "very open" to Brian Brohm entering Week 1 as their starting quarterback.

Mort previously hinted on ESPN that the new Bills regime is ready to wash its hands of Trent Edwards. Brohm threw for just 146 yards and two picks on 29 pass attempts in his lone start last season. Otherwise, the former second-round pick has been unable to get on the field entering his third year. Apr. 9 - 5:10 pm et

Source: Chris Mortensen on Twitter

BROHM!! now solidify the line and get a 2nd WR - open it up for him and he'll light it up

Well this guy has an extremely hard time grasping a NFL playbook...Green Bay is a solid organization and wouldn't have let

another team have an opportunity to grab him if they felt he was worth keeping on the roster or practice squad. Being able to identify talent is one of the differences Buffalo has had when you compare them to GreenBay, Pittsburgh, New England, Indianapolis, Philadelphia, etc....I don't think it say's too much for the new regime if they really are given strong consideration to starting Brian Brohm. It sounds more like a cost cutting experiment than anything else. I think we will have severe difficulties with Brohm as the starter, although that may be the case with a drafted rookie as well. I think what you do is pick up a moderately talented QB in FA and have him as your starter while you still draft a rookie QB and groom him properly instead of throwing him into the fire right off the bat! I also think you have to trade or release Trent Edwards if you are serious as an organization about going in a different direction. That should be done soon in fairness to T.E. which

may give him an opportunity for a backup role somewhere else or maybe a spot as a starter on the former Bills QB leaugue in the USF or whatever it's called. It would be interesting to see T.E. go against Lossman in the Can't make it in the NFL League!

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone who claims they know how good of a starting NFL QB Brian Brohm is, is like someone who believes in an organized religion trying to tell me what happens when you die. Oh he sucks? 72 virgins? Oh he's gonna be sick? Floating up a tunnel of light to pearly gates?

Why do you think it is, that folks here who have faith almost never post about their personal religious beliefs, but those that don't, feel some need to post unsolicited comments and go out of their way to attack, insult, descry, and so on?

Can't you just be pleasantly quiet and keep your own personal beliefs to yourself? :wallbash:

I see give him a chance? Green bay did and he sucked. We did and he sucked. Hell he sucked so bad the temp, lame duck coach didn't want him to see the field until the other two getting injured forced his hand.

Lets talk about the QB's in the 08 draft shall we? Colt Brennan was a stud in college, so much for college stats huh? What about Ryan, Flacco and a guy drafted after Brohm in Henne? ALL are starters whereas Brohm couldn't even make the regular team in Green bay.

Now please tell me what is so damn special about this guy? Nothing other than a name that Bills fans know. He didn't win the Heisman, didnt win a national championship, didn't set a ton of records and didn't play in an overly tough confrence. So again I ask WTF do you guys want this clown to start so badly? He is a below average QB in the NFL, we didn't draft him so seriously WTF?

That's an interesting revision of history. Brohm wasn't brought in until there were five weeks left in the season. He only had three weeks to work with the offense before he was forced into the starting role. Yeah, a guy who has only had three weeks with the playbook would normally be sitting his ass on the bench when he has never started a game. When he did play, he actually didn't look bad. The O-Line was terrible, we had a ton of injuries, and with constant pressure from the Falcon's D, he still played well for a first time ever starter in the NFL. He also displayed solid arm strength as well.

No one is saying that college stats mean everything. But what we are saying is look at the situations those other QBs found themselves in. Ryan and Flacco started right away, with teams where they had solid lines and running games. To compare Brohm's situation to Ryan, Flacco or Henne is ridiculous. Not to mention, Flacco's NFL numbers would be considered average or slightly better, but not hall of fame and Henne still has a lot to prove down in Miami. Many players are one year wonders, and that, in my opinion is going to be Henne's fate. Hell, John Beck looked good down there for a while the year before.

Furthermore, no one is crowning him the starter. All people here are saying is that he deserves a shot at the job. He actually did play in a very good conference, and wasn't a starter his freshman year. Had he been, very likely he would have come close to breaking several NCAA records. What about him makes you think he's so bad, other than the fact that he was in training camp behind a solid starter, probably knowing that he isn't ever going to start in Green Bay unless Rodgers was injured? You can't say he was a terrible player in college. You can't say its based on his play in the NFL. The guy has only started one NFL game. Based on your theory Peyton Manning is a chump, Eli Manning is worthless, Philip Rivers should be out of the league and since Aaron Rodgers had to sit on a bench for two years behind Brett Favre, he's a chicken **** too. All of those players either sat on the bench for two seasons, or they had terrible first games/seasons in the NFL. Seriously, let's see what the guy can do in camp and preseason before we get all hasty and sh*t about getting rid of a guy who actually appears to have some talent and ability.

...Furthermore, no one is crowning him the starter. All people here are saying is that he deserves a shot at the job. Seriously, let's see what the guy can do in camp and preseason before we get all hasty and sh*t about getting rid of a guy who actually appears to have some talent and ability...

[/quote

Yes - he deserves a shot. Thanks to geography, I watched numbers of his college games. Pretty good QB. He may be that diamond in the rough, maybe not.

Furthermore, no one is crowning him the starter. All people here are saying is that he deserves a shot at the job.

Yes - he deserves a shot. Thanks to geography, I watched numbers of his college games. Pretty good QB. He may be that diamond in the rough, maybe not.

BB is the virtual X-factor here. Coming out of the Jauron era, we don't really know what we've got anywhere. 2 seasons ago we thought we really had something of a growing base of super talent in Lynch, Edwards and Poz. Now we're running everyone out of town..

Everyone's duely concerned about our QB prospects for this season and beyond, but BB -who is here and 'has the tools'- could be the answer.

If he takes this opportunity and excels, our Pistol Offense could become quite the -um.. BB Gun!

Im saying he sucks ass because ONLY the RUSS BRANDON led bills wanted the worthless !@#$. HE can't even become a 3rd stringer on any other team in the NFL, No one else wanted him.

the guy sucks, only Bills fans want a !@#$ing loser to start for them, and we wonder why this team sucks so badly?

Yeah, thats why Green Bay scrambled to try and keep him, suddenly offering him a roster spot when the Bills went to sign him. If he sucks so bad and was such a mistake, why hasn't the new Bills regime cut him already? I'm guessing the reason is that they recognize he has some talent, the same talent that got him drafted in the 2nd round by the Packers. Very few QBs make an immediate impact. Most take 2-3 years of development before they can start.

Fortunately, our front office doesn't have people as clueless as you running the show.

I see give him a chance? Green bay did and he sucked. We did and he sucked. Hell he sucked so bad the temp, lame duck coach didn't want him to see the field until the other two getting injured forced his hand.

Lets talk about the QB's in the 08 draft shall we? Colt Brennan was a stud in college, so much for college stats huh? What about Ryan, Flacco and a guy drafted after Brohm in Henne? ALL are starters whereas Brohm couldn't even make the regular team in Green bay.

Now please tell me what is so damn special about this guy? Nothing other than a name that Bills fans know. He didn't win the Heisman, didnt win a national championship, didn't set a ton of records and didn't play in an overly tough confrence. So again I ask WTF do you guys want this clown to start so badly? He is a below average QB in the NFL, we didn't draft him so seriously WTF?

His last two preseason games with Green Bay he had com. Pct. of 80% and 71%. He had a QB rating the last two games of 104.2 and 84.5. So I quest he didn't totally sucked.

Why are you posting that gay assed video? The guy was good, not great, in College and sucks ass in the pros. Why dont' you put up him getting his ass kicked in Green bay's camp and beat out for the THIRD string job? How about that ZERO TD TWO Int job he did against the falcons?

Flynn beat out Brohm for backup QB at Green Bay. I was looking at Flynns stats from Green Bay last year, to see if he got any playing time. Keep hearing that Brohm sucks, because he was on Green Bays practice squad and was a high draft choice. Flynn played in four games last year with Green Bay. had a QB rating of 36.1. Maybe they should put him on practice squad. Flynn been at Green Bay for three years in they're system. Brohm was here how many weeks before he started. I would take Brohm over Flynn. Your complaining about zero TDs and two int. Those two int. that Brohm threw, were passes that Owens didn't even try to catch. Maybe teams saw how Owens gave up on plays, Maybe thats why nobody has sign TO yet.

I guess they have written off this year, the guy flat sucks. I am praying this is nothing but pre draft posturing to get teams to think they dont' want a QB they are really after.

Otherwise this team is playing for the 1st overall pick next year.

If it happens, it happens. When you reach for players in the draft, you are always playing for higher position next year anyways. If we take Clausen it is more of a reach pick than Parrish was- and look at how that has panned out.....

Guest dog14787

...Furthermore, no one is crowning him the starter. All people here are saying is that he deserves a shot at the job. Seriously, let's see what the guy can do in camp and preseason before we get all hasty and sh*t about getting rid of a guy who actually appears to have some talent and ability...

I agree, of course Brohm deserves a shot, especially considering a new offense is being installed anyway .

Besides, I wouldn't expect the Bills to say "no way, no matter what he does Brohms not starting".

According to ESPN's Chris Mortensen, the Bills are "very open" to Brian Brohm entering Week 1 as their starting quarterback.

Mort previously hinted on ESPN that the new Bills regime is ready to wash its hands of Trent Edwards. Brohm threw for just 146 yards and two picks on 29 pass attempts in his lone start last season. Otherwise, the former second-round pick has been unable to get on the field entering his third year. Apr. 9 - 5:10 pm et

BROHM!! now solidify the line and get a 2nd WR - open it up for him and he'll light it up

I hope he does well, i realy liked this kid in college.

Well this guy has an extremely hard time grasping a NFL playbook...Green Bay is a solid organization and wouldn't have let

another team have an opportunity to grab him if they felt he was worth keeping on the roster or practice squad. Being able to identify talent is one of the differences Buffalo has had when you compare them to GreenBay, Pittsburgh, New England, Indianapolis, Philadelphia, etc....I don't think it say's too much for the new regime if they really are given strong consideration to starting Brian Brohm. It sounds more like a cost cutting experiment than anything else. I think we will have severe difficulties with Brohm as the starter, although that may be the case with a drafted rookie as well. I think what you do is pick up a moderately talented QB in FA and have him as your starter while you still draft a rookie QB and groom him properly instead of throwing him into the fire right off the bat! I also think you have to trade or release Trent Edwards if you are serious as an organization about going in a different direction. That should be done soon in fairness to T.E. which

may give him an opportunity for a backup role somewhere else or maybe a spot as a starter on the former Bills QB leaugue in the USF or whatever it's called. It would be interesting to see T.E. go against Lossman in the Can't make it in the NFL League!

i dont think its grasping the nfl play books as much as it is just greenbays . i was talking with a friend that knows players from there. there play book is complicated, even more so than grudens 10000 word cadence calls, lol. it may have just taken him longer to memorize all that crap. i think if given the opertunity to go after the starting gig this year. dont be surprised if he steps up. in college the coaches called alot of the plays acording to defensive alignments. in the nfl u have to be able to adjust on the fly, so we w jus have to wait and see how it pans out. but i loved watchn him throw in college.

Why do you think it is, that folks here who have faith almost never post about their personal religious beliefs, but those that don't, feel some need to post unsolicited comments and go out of their way to attack, insult, descry, and so on?

Can't you just be pleasantly quiet and keep your own personal beliefs to yourself? :wallbash:

Oh so you know what happens when you die. Sorry, I don't. So you should be able to tell me if Brian Brohm is an NFL-caliber starting QB I would think?

I didn't say anything about "faith." Going to church and feeling all warm and fuzzy after a good sermon and being certain of what happens after death are two totally different conversations.

And for someone who thinks organized religion is the worst thing in the history of mankind- literally- I'm all about Tebow! Big LT at 9, Tebow at 41 and I'll be a happy guy!

Anyone who claims they know how good of a starting NFL QB Brian Brohm is, is like someone who believes in an organized religion trying to tell me what happens when you die. Oh he sucks? 72 virgins? Oh he's gonna be sick? Floating up a tunnel of light to pearly gates?

love this post, and Darth "has been"? You have to actually see the field to have been a has been.

I heard Mort say that on TV and had to run and get a bag to puke in. That is proof that this organization puts winning so far below money on the priorities list that it is sickening. Brohm has been and should be a career practice squad QB and nothing more. If that quote is true, just another reason for the entire country to laugh at this team and refer to us as the biggest joke in the NFL. Someday when Ralphie is gone, someone will wake up and want to feel what it is like to win once in awhile.

Oh I get it. But you know what? That little speck of white on the top of chicken **** is still chicken ****. So lets go with the best of the **** we have right?

And stop with the college stat BS please. if college stats were important then the kid from Hawaii a few years back would have 3 superbowls and probowls or more by now. If stats mattered then EVERY QB from TexASS tech would be the top pick in the draft when they came out.

You get smarter with every post I swear...

I sure hope we don't have to listen to stuff like "Brohm got screwed" after the Bills pick up a QB later this month and Brohm doesn't get the starter's job, or possibly doesn't make the team this season. I can hear the whining now-" We never gave him a chance, he only started 1 game, look at his stats in college" or "He's going to come back & haunt us" yeah, right.

Here's what the QB acquired will mean:

1st or 2nd round-bye bye Trent Edwards. Rookie starts, Fitzpatrick 2nd string, Brohm 3rd string

3rd or 4th round-bye bye either Edwards or Brohm-if rookie plays well in camp, bye bye Trent, if rookie plays poorly in camp-bye bye Brohm-only room for 1 project 3rd stringer.

5th to 7th-Bye bye Brian Brohm.

Veteran-bye bye Edwards or Fitzpatrick. Brohm gets to stay as 3rd stringer.

Undrafted free agent-practice squad at best, all 3 current guys stay-Brohm's only chance of being the starter.

Most of the logical scenarios result in Brohm being 3rd string or off the team. The chances of Brohm starting are slim & none. The only shot is if Nix strikes out at acquiring all the QBs he has targeted as possible acquisitions & ends up bringing in some undrafted guy as training camp fodder.

Yeah, thats why Green Bay scrambled to try and keep him, suddenly offering him a roster spot when the Bills went to sign him. If he sucks so bad and was such a mistake, why hasn't the new Bills regime cut him already? I'm guessing the reason is that they recognize he has some talent, the same talent that got him drafted in the 2nd round by the Packers. Very few QBs make an immediate impact. Most take 2-3 years of development before they can start.

Fortunately, our front office doesn't have people as clueless as you running the show.

Because he isn't making much and if they cut him they will have to find another body that will cost a few more bucks. Other than that, they are making no effort to win this season so why not keep him around to be a cheerleader on the sideline.

You get smarter with every post I swear...

I sure hope we don't have to listen to stuff like "Brohm got screwed" after the Bills pick up a QB later this month and Brohm doesn't get the starter's job, or possibly doesn't make the team this season. I can hear the whining now-" We never gave him a chance, he only started 1 game, look at his stats in college" or "He's going to come back & haunt us" yeah, right.

Here's what the QB acquired will mean:

1st or 2nd round-bye bye Trent Edwards. Rookie starts, Fitzpatrick 2nd string, Brohm 3rd string

3rd or 4th round-bye bye either Edwards or Brohm-if rookie plays well in camp, bye bye Trent, if rookie plays poorly in camp-bye bye Brohm-only room for 1 project 3rd stringer.

5th to 7th-Bye bye Brian Brohm.

Veteran-bye bye Edwards or Fitzpatrick. Brohm gets to stay as 3rd stringer.

Undrafted free agent-practice squad at best, all 3 current guys stay-Brohm's only chance of being the starter.

Most of the logical scenarios result in Brohm being 3rd string or off the team. The chances of Brohm starting are slim & none. The only shot is if Nix strikes out at acquiring all the QBs he has targeted as possible acquisitions & ends up bringing in some undrafted guy as training camp fodder.

If I am not mistaken, Fitz is making quite a bit more than any of them, so with this team he will probably be the first to go, just for that reason $$$$$$. We might have the worst quarterback trio in NFL history, but Edwards is clearly the best of the bunch and it isn't close, but is sad. Tells you the state of this franchise right now. Not sure we could compete if we moved to the CFL.