Sabres @Bruins

Buftex

I head Lalime is playing, and Rivet and Hecht are sitting out; Mancari got called back up. The team usually plays bad in front of Lalime, and the Bruins are desperate, so I expect a Bruins win. It wouldn't surprise me if the Sabres lose their last 3 games (at Boston, at Ottawa, at New Jersey).

honestly, the only thing theyd be fighting for is home ice in the second round. we're already guaranteed a playoff spot that can be no higher than 2 and no lower than 3. whether they get Montreal or Philly or Boston in the first round, doesnt really matter, and isn't going to be up to us.

id LOVE to see us battle, and win out. but im not going to be upset if we pull a Colts and pack it in until the playoffs start. stay healthy, make a run at the cup. theyve done their job for the regular season and clinched the division. take it easy for the last 3, meaningless games.

honestly, the only thing theyd be fighting for is home ice in the second round. we're already guaranteed a playoff spot that can be no higher than 2 and no lower than 3. whether they get Montreal or Philly or Boston in the first round, doesnt really matter, and isn't going to be up to us.

id LOVE to see us battle, and win out. but im not going to be upset if we pull a Colts and pack it in until the playoffs start. stay healthy, make a run at the cup. theyve done their job for the regular season and clinched the division. take it easy for the last 3, meaningless games.

I don't think this Sabres team is that good, that they can take three games off... their problem the last few years has been consistency... I would obviously give Miller some rest, but I would keep the rest of these guys going... I think I would prefer to play Boston, Montreal and then, Philly, in that order... after tonight, they play on the road against New Jersey and Ottawa...wouldn't you feel a little better if they beat Ottawa on the road, no matter how "meaningless" the game?

I don't think this Sabres team is that good, that they can take three games off... their problem the last few years has been consistency... I would obviously give Miller some rest, but I would keep the rest of these guys going... I think I would prefer to play Boston, Montreal and then, Philly, in that order... after tonight, they play on the road against New Jersey and Ottawa...wouldn't you feel a little better if they beat Ottawa on the road, no matter how "meaningless" the game?

oh for sure! id personally LOVE for them to win out, and beat 3 teams we may face in the playoffs. ESPECIALLY wins over Ottawa and NJ. yes, that is what i want.

what i posted is what i think theyre doing, and also prepping myself in true buffalo-fan style, for a couple of disappointing losses. it's not necessarily what is happening, or how i would coach the team. i just understand if they choose to do this.

one last thing, theyve taken streaks of 3+ games off already plenty of times this year. :thumbsup: why should the last 3 make any difference?!?

Yes. Considering the OTT streak is at 9 and the Slugs haven't beat them all YEAR! Good thing there are the Leafs to beat up on... Call it a wash!

EDIT: Oh... 1-1 as we speak.

Sabres losing 1-3 w/ a couple of minutes left. IMO, not a bad thing... Like Buftex said... I would like to see BOS in #6. Then in order of meeting them: MONT, then PHILLY.

BOS win tonight puts them tied with MONT in 6th.

If it helps to either keep the Rags or Cryers out... :thumbsup::lol:

EDIT: Make that a final 1-3, BOS...

This game is the difference between me buying a Bruins fan a case or beer or not so I hope they show up to play.

Looks like you are paying up EZC... Buy him/her a case of the cheap stuff... MAybe you can cruise back to NY and bring them a case of the Genny Screamers! :thumbsup: They will never forget your bet! :lol:

Nice! Habs lose! Like to see the 6,7,8 fall exactly where it is today! Too bad either the Flyers or Rangers will get in.

Should be an interesting weekend... BOS doesn't have a cake-walk with CAR and WAS... On another note... Wouldn't it be great to see TOR knock out the Habs?... Too bad it would take the PHIL-NYR home and home to go to three point games (I assume)... Ahh... Oh well... Sombody is bound to collapse... In order od preference:

NYR-PHIL= Tossup

MONT

BOS... I think BFLO can beat them in a 7 games series... I think!!!

Nice! Habs lose! Like to see the 6,7,8 fall exactly where it is today! Too bad either the Flyers or Rangers will get in.

Should be an interesting weekend... BOS doesn't have a cake-walk with CAR and WAS... On another note... Wouldn't it be great to see TOR knock out the Habs?... Too bad it would take the PHIL-NYR home and home to go to three point games (I assume)... Ahh... Oh well... Sombody is bound to collapse... In order od preference:

NYR-PHIL= Tossup

MONT

BOS... I think BFLO can beat them in a 7 games series... I think!!!

I'm not scared of any of those 4 teams in a 7 game series. I just wouldn't wanna see Ottawa in the playoffs.

I'm not scared of any of those 4 teams in a 7 game series. I just wouldn't wanna see Ottawa in the playoffs.

I'm excited to play Ottawa. There's only one way to exercise the demons... That's to face the problem head on.

I'm excited to play Ottawa. There's only one way to exercise the demons... That's to face the problem head on.

I see what you're saying, but I'd rather not take the chance in the playoffs. Let's wait till the beginning of next year to exorcise the demons.