QB John Crompton Tenn.

I like Graham or Kindle for pass rushing OLB...however...I've been researching Levi Brown and I like him...he's like Tebow with an arm...great attitude...religious...does bible study for fun off the field and his passion is philanthropy...he's got happy feet sometimes, but he's got a nice arm...and very accurate...

Crompton is the anti-Vick..."hoss" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4aWZjXIzUYE...he was a decent looking QB in the clips I've seen of him...I remember when he was a prospect with UT they were comparing him to Colt McCoy...but that's all I can remember about him...

I like Graham or Kindle for pass rushing OLB...however...I've been researching Levi Brown and I like him...he's like Tebow with an arm...great attitude...religious...does bible study for fun off the field and his passion is philanthropy...he's got happy feet sometimes, but he's got a nice arm...and very accurate...

Crompton is the anti-Vick..."hoss" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4aWZjXIzUYE...he was a decent looking QB in the clips I've seen of him...I remember when he was a prospect with UT they were comparing him to Colt McCoy...but that's all I can remember about him...

yeah I`m talking 5 th rd. if at all with Crompton.

Did anybody out there see him play much? Russ Lande draft analyst in my Bills digest thinks this Kid is the sleeper in the Draft .Goes on to say he thinks he is the 2nd best QB in the draft. :flirt:

Crompton was straight TERRIBLE the entire time he was at Tennessee. I mean I really saw no redeeming value in his game.

I didn't think he was terrible in college...he wasn't taring it up though...however he threw for more yards and TD's than Tom Brady did at Michigan...soooo....you never can tell...I don't think Crompton is as terrible as these Gator fans make him out to be...but he isn't Peyton Manning either lol...he's decent and I don't think he is any more of a risk at pick 5 than Clausen at pick 9 over all...that's for sure...I'd be happier with Crompton...

Levi Brown is a better pick in the late rounds IMO...Skelton if he slips to round 4 I like as well...Pike in the fourth to...but both will probably be gone in the mid to late third round

I didn't think he was terrible in college...he wasn't taring it up though...however he threw for more yards and TD's than Tom Brady did at Michigan...soooo....you never can tell...I don't think Crompton is as terrible as these Gator fans make him out to be...but he isn't Peyton Manning either lol...he's decent and I don't think he is any more of a risk at pick 5 than Clausen at pick 9 over all...that's for sure...I'd be happier with Crompton...

Levi Brown is a better pick in the late rounds IMO...Skelton if he slips to round 4 I like as well...Pike in the fourth to...but both will probably be gone in the mid to late third round

Maybe so, but the games I saw him in he was far from impressive. I would describe him as a game manager type of QB without much game. Nothing he did stood out. Not his arm, not his accuracy, not his mobility, not his decision making, am I being too hard him?

Crompton wasn't as horrible as Faustus paints him out to be. His stats are average http://espn.go.com/ncf/player/profile?playerId=175658 and he does have good arm strength. The decision making at time is Losman-esque though. He'd be another project QB for now if we took a flyer on him in the later rounds. Might turn out in our favor, might not. I can't believe that guy has him rated as the 2nd best QB though.

Yes, he was.

all i remember of him was during the gator game last year. tennessee was down big, and had to pass to get back in the game, but tennessee kept running the ball (and eventually did get close.. due to the running backs).

to his credit, though, it looks like his play picked up greatly after that game.

I honestly have no idea. I can't imagine what he was seeing that could make him think Crompton could be anywhere near the #2 QB. Or a sleeper pick. I'm the type of person that, given the Brady's and Warner's of the world, will almost never completely count someone out, but there is no way Crompton becomes a successful NFL QB.

Lande also likes Levi Brown of Troy and also thinks "Anthony Davis would be a home run pick for the Bills"

What are they all seeing?

Probably that he was markedly better under Kiffin than he had been and some sort expectation of continued growth in a linear fashion. I saw most UT games and he doesn't look like the second coming of a any legit starter. He looked okay at times but Crompton is not ready for prime time in my estimation.