Trade two picks away

2nd for gaither, 4th for Campbell. Trade down in the first, pick up Cody or whomever Nix feels the best NT is.

With the trade down we should have 2 second round picks. Get the best two pass rushers (DE and OLB) available.

Weren't you the poster who energetically criticized acquiring Campbell because he was another team's garbage? Weren't you also stoking the fires to deal up to get Bradford or Clausen? It now appears that Clausen will probably be available for us in the draft. Darth, you are driving on both sides of the road. You should be cited for being so erratic. :thumbsup:

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2nd for gaither, 4th for Campbell. Trade down in the first, pick up Cody or whomever Nix feels the best NT is.

With the trade down we should have 2 second round picks. Get the best two pass rushers (DE and OLB) available.

If we trade away our second, how is it that we will have 2 picks in the second? :thumbsup:

That still only garnishes 1 2nd Rd pick...unless he is suggesting we take two 2nds for our top 10 pick... :thumbsup::cry:

I'm missing something here. In his scenario the Bills trade down in the first round and then takes Cody with the lower first round pick. With the trade down he acquires another second round pick which means we have two. One of the two is used for Gaither and the remaining second is used for another player.

I'm missing something here. In his scenario the Bills trade down in the first round and then takes Cody with the lower first round pick. With the trade down he acquires another second round pick which means we have two. One of the two is used for Gaither and the remaining second is used for another player.[/quot

It makes sense if this were a Draft Day scenario, but if you read the original post again, we will trade our second for Gaither, and with the trade down we will acquire two 2nd rd picks to get the 2 best pass rushers available...I know it's early, and I haven't had my coffee yet, but I'd like to think my reading comprehension level hasn't regressed that far. :thumbsup:

Now it makes sense, scenario is to take place on Draft Day... :):cry:

We finally got it together. It was a struggle but we got it done. But now for the bad news. DarthIce's scenario is pure fantasy. It will not happen. :thumbsup:

The only part I don't get is where the second rd 2 pick comes from. I get that if we're lucky we could trade #9 for a 1st and a 2nd, but where does the other 2nd come from?

And if Clausen's available at #9 and we already have Gaither do you pass on him?

Sorry I mean two 3rd round picks, sorry mistype.

Weren't you the poster who energetically criticized acquiring Campbell because he was another team's garbage? Weren't you also stoking the fires to deal up to get Bradford or Clausen? It now appears that Clausen will probably be available for us in the draft. Darth, you are driving on both sides of the road. You should be cited for being so erratic. :thumbsup:

Bradford yes, Clausen no. And what is wrong with as more facts come out, the landscape of the draft and needs change, I can't re evaluate my position? A fool is someone that sits on a position regardless of the changing situations going on. Being inflexible is dumb.

I actually thought the interior of the line played well this year... it was the tackles that were horrible. I never saw Vince Wilfork crashing through the line like I did in years past (Hi Melvin Fowler)

This would be a dream scenario for us... and judging from the trade rumors we've been in... seems like Buddy Nix has a bit of southern gambler in him

I like Gaither...not a bad move, Trading a 4th for Campbell would be giving away a draft pick. Keep the 4th and offer the Ravens a 5th for Troy Smith we will get much better value. If a deal is made for Campbell. That would tell me that Nix and Gailey just hasn't watched film on this guy and will be picking very high in next years draft just as the Redskins are this season. Keep in mind during Campbell's tenure with the Redskins the Redskins had very high rated defenses and he still could produce point to win low scoring games. Most fans in DC feel that Campbell was the reason the Redskins couldn't win.

They're right.

Err i may be a dork but is that not still giving away a pick? :thumbsup::cry:

Err i may be a dork but is that not still giving away a pick? :unsure::nana:

Yes but it's not a 4th and Smith has much more upside than Campbell. I would take the chance.

I have seen Campbell play in person to much to place any value in his game.

Iupati....he's a beast...but no...not for us...Hangartner did alright this season...don't know why everyone's so down on him...he gave up all of 1 and half sacks last season...

This entire scenario looks blah to me...I like the Gaither trade...but only if you can't trade up for Bulaga...and Campbell?...why not just stick with Trentative they are the same lol...both don't go downfield as much as these crazy bills fans like...anyhow...

I wouldn't mind though...grabbing Gaither and finding a way to snag up Cody or even trading down further and getting Linval Joseph...plus a late round QB project...for fun...

Did you see all of those GAPING holes Fred and Marshawn had to run through? You can't grade an O-lineman based solely on the amounts of sacks they gave up. Especially at the Center position.

Iupati....he's a beast...but no...not for us...Hangartner did alright this season...don't know why everyone's so down on him...he gave up all of 1 and half sacks last season...

This entire scenario looks blah to me...I like the Gaither trade...but only if you can't trade up for Bulaga...and Campbell?...why not just stick with Trentative they are the same lol...both don't go downfield as much as these crazy bills fans like...anyhow...

I wouldn't mind though...grabbing Gaither and finding a way to snag up Cody or even trading down further and getting Linval Joseph...plus a late round QB project...for fun...

no offense but i thought hangartner stunk last season.

Bradford yes, Clausen no. And what is wrong with as more facts come out, the landscape of the draft and needs change, I can't re evaluate my position? A fool is someone that sits on a position regardless of the changing situations going on. Being inflexible is dumb.

Why has your view on Campbell been elevated since you were originally dead set against his acquisition? You vigorously made the point that the Bills needed to stop being a receptacle for other team's garbage. What additional facts have come out about him that have turned you around?

My view on Campbell has been positive. He would be a good pickup for a reasonable price which would also give us a little more flexibility in this upcoming draft.

Why has your view on Campbell been elevated since you were originally dead set against his acquisition? You vigorously made the point that the Bills needed to stop being a receptacle for other team's garbage. What additional facts have come out about him that have turned you around?

My view on Campbell has been positive. He would be a good pickup for a reasonable price which would also give us a little more flexibility in this upcoming draft.

And after more thought and research I am with you on this.