Is Gailey working with our QB's now?

I seem to remember reading that all 3 Bills QB's are at the fieldhouse working out with Gailey. I mention this because I'm wondering if this played into trying to get McNabb. After seeing all three in drills, do Gailey and Nix figure they need help ASAP? I had hopes that Brohm could show something.

PTR

chan stated a while back that they were going to add at least 1 qb, so I'm guessing they wanted to add an experienced starter, and mcnabb was the best option to date, right now i'd venture to say that campbell is being explored as an option as well as all the QB's in the draft aside from bradford.

Personally id like to get campbell and draft a qb, dump trent and fitz, but thats just me.

I seem to remember reading that all 3 Bills QB's are at the fieldhouse working out with Gailey. I mention this because I'm wondering if this played into trying to get McNabb. After seeing all three in drills, do Gailey and Nix figure they need help ASAP? I had hopes that Brohm could show something.

PTR

Nix addressed this when he got hired in a not so cryptic way. We don't have the guy to lead us on this roster. All that's happening right now is them seeing who stays as backups.

I am sure Nix would have rather had McNabb so the draft would be easier, but that didn't happen.

PTR

Brohm will

I'm sure Gaily has a player from this years draft in mind that he has hand picked as the QB he wants to be brought in for him to groom. I'm expecting the Bills to trade back into the late first round to snag Tebow or Colt McCoy.

PTR

McNabb would've been better than any of those QB's but that's not a dig too much because McNabb is pretty damn good.

I'm sure Gaily has a player from this years draft in mind that he has hand picked as the QB he wants to be brought in for him to groom. I'm expecting the Bills to trade back into the late first round to snag Tebow or Colt McCoy.

I think it is a big assumption that there is ANYONE in the draft (aside from Bradford) who Gailey wants to "groom". There

is a difference between coaching up someone with talent and trying to take a no-talent and make them acceptable with

a ton of coaching.

Other than Bradford, there are only 2 QBs that seem like they *might* have enough skill/talent to be "groomed" into

a starting NFL QB. Clausen with the questions about his arrogance/leadership and Tebow with the questions about his

ability to develop a NFL-calibre release and to learn to read complex defenses in a NFL offense.

The rest of the QBs are such long-shots to ever amount to anything in the NFL, that I'd just as soon pass on them all. The

Bills already have a cast of 3 mediocre QBs, why add more like that?

PTR

Their interest has nothing to do with whether or not Brohm has any potential. We are talking about McNabb who has played at a very high level desptie having virtually no recieving weapons most of his career and is still in his prime. He makes us an instant contender while we groom Brohm who is still young and inexperienced.

There is more talent on this roster than posters like to give credit for, and a big upgrade to a top 10 QB like McNabb makes us dangerous. Brohm has lots of upside, but still is unproven and will need time to develop even if he wins the job this year.

IMO, it is Brohms potential that kept the FO from giving away the farm for McNabb which given the Skins deal would have to at least been two 2nd round picks, or our 2nd and a swap of firsts this year. They have a young guy with lots of upside, so they probably saw more value in using those picks to fill other holes and seeing what we have in our guys first rather than trade away so many high value picks.

I have to disagree that there are no qb's in this draft with nfl potential other than the top 3. There are enough instances in the league where later round qb's have been good to think it is possible that the right coach could groom or plug the right college qb into the right scheme to make it work. I believe a lot of success in the nfl is matching the right players with the right coaches and the right teams. So, if Gailey has a talent for designing offenses that help qb's succeed, then I'd bet he can make something work. Guys like Jarrett Brown, Colt McCoy, and Dan LeFevour could be asked to do minimal things, in the right system, and be successful.

Their interest has nothing to do with whether or not Brohm has any potential. We are talking about McNabb who has played at a very high level desptie having virtually no recieving weapons most of his career and is still in his prime. He makes us an instant contender while we groom Brohm who is still young and inexperienced.

There is more talent on this roster than posters like to give credit for, and a big upgrade to a top 10 QB like McNabb makes us dangerous. Brohm has lots of upside, but still is unproven and will need time to develop even if he wins the job this year.

IMO, it is Brohms potential that kept the FO from giving away the farm for McNabb which given the Skins deal would have to at least been two 2nd round picks, or our 2nd and a swap of firsts this year. They have a young guy with lots of upside, so they probably saw more value in using those picks to fill other holes and seeing what we have in our guys first rather than trade away so many high value picks.

brohm couldn't break the roster in gb who you know have seen some good qbs in their day can we stop saying he needs to develop and get better so he can be be our future starter, he is just as expendable as Trent and fitz who are both solid backups that's it

brohm couldn't break the roster in gb who you know have seen some good qbs in their day can we stop saying he needs to develop and get better so he can be be our future starter, he is just as expendable as Trent and fitz who are both solid backups that's it

LOL...um, ever heard of Aaron Rodgers? Did you really just post this?

That is total unsubstantiated BS based on nothing but your h*rd-on for Brohm. Way to just make sh*t up. LOL!!!

The fact that they were willing to give up picks when they have such a thin roster is a complete indictment of all of their QB's. Add to that, they were willing to give him an extension!? I don't think Buddy and Co. were going to wait for Brohm or the other two scrubs to blossom.

Nice try though.

Guest dog14787
That is total unsubstantiated BS based on nothing but your h*rd-on for Brohm. Way to just make sh*t up. LOL!!!

The fact that they were willing to give up picks when they have such a thin roster is a complete indictment of all of their QB's. Add to that, they were willing to give him an extension!? I don't think Buddy and Co. were going to wait for Brohm or the other two scrubs to blossom.

Nice try though.

Mcnabb didn't want to come to Buffalo regardless,

I also think Brian Brohm is an intriguing QB and it won't surprise me a bit to see him starting in the NFL one day. Lack of experience will probably prevent him from beating out TE and Fitz this coming up season, but its a new offense and stranger things have happened.

I mean its not like TE's experience from the last couple of seasons has done him allot of good.

They can bring in Campbell, they can bring in Bulger, they can draft McCoy, Tebow, Clausen, Skelton, Armanti, Pike, Lefevour or anyone else they want in this year's draft...Trent will beat ALL of them out for the starting job...you heard it here first...well even if you didn't hear it here first...you heard it here again

Nice try though.

lol...I started the statement with IMO...in case you are slow or lived in a cave for the last 10 years, that means In My Opinnion...no where did I state that it was anything other than what my own opinnion is...man you are dense sometimes

lol...I started the statement with IMO...in case you are slow or lived in a cave for the last 10 years, that means In My Opinnion...no where did I state that it was anything other than what my own opinnion is...man you are dense sometimes

I know you said YOUR OPINION and YOUR OPINION is unsubstantiated BS. You made up this ridiculous scenario in your head and decided to share your fantasy land thoughts with the rest of us. Are you having conversations in your head with Buddy Nix? Hilarious!!!!!

PTR

I think what had the most influence was that McNabb did NOT want to come to Buffalo.

No spilled milk, IMO. He's got a season or two left, tops.

Now with both Vick and McNabb gone, I can only hope that we can dispel these even more ridiculous 'sign Jason Campbell' baffoons sooner rather than later.