Bills offered McNabb an extension

McNabb would have played anywhere. I don't doubt him.He would have suited up for Buffalo no questions asked if they dealt him here. The problem is, he wouldn't sign an extension in Buffalo or Oakland, making himself essentially a 1-year rental player. And a high second isn't worth it for a 1-year player.

Yeah I caught that little bit of word play there. I don't know if they can make a trade contingent on signing an extension with the player or not, but that would be the ONLY way the Bills would/could/should have done it.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I caught that little bit of word play there. I don't know if they can make a trade contingent on signing an extension with the player or not, but that would be the ONLY way the Bills would/could/should have done it.

I dont think you can make a contingency like that, but any team trading for someone in McNabb's situation is going to want to re-sign him. Therefore, they will want to talk to him and hammer out a deal prior to any trade being agreed upon, and Philly really has no choice but to let them negotiate. Unless you're the redskins.

Philly fans didn't want McNabb, McNabb didn't want you, the Bills now have a definite possibility of drafting a franchise QB in the first...so I have to ask, why do you care so much about Philly and their fans????

I really don't care about Philly or their fans. I was simply asking a question. Yeah, my little cousin lives in Philly and likes the Eagles. Everyone out this way loves McNabb because of his days at Syracuse. And, whether they want to admit it, they all like McNabb in Philadelphia. They are just being bitter. If it was not for McNabb, as well as guys like Westbrook and Dawkins, they would not have enjoyed the success that they saw. Everyone down there has McNabb jerseys.

Anyways...way to be a prick and just try to start an argument, instead of seeing the purpose of the post.

They traded Sheldon Brown and linebacker Chris Gocong to CLE, too. Dumped Westbrook IIRC.

Saved paying McNabb a 6.2M roster bonus.

Looks like they are getting their financial ducks in order, for the uncertainty ahead...which lines up with the predictions going back months, that older vets would be facing the axe. I won't criticize PHIs' decisions - as others mention, they have bee a competitive franchise for a good number of years.

But I don't feel bad for Philly fans. McNabb was a huge part of their success in the past 10 years and they didn't want him anymore. They've got their wish. I hope they thought about what they wanted, because they've got it now.

Thank you 2 for seeing this for what it was meant for. :angry:

Yeah becasue aging RB's , WR's, and QB's do so well in this league. Along with their young ProBowl LT -hmmm where did they get him - they now have a POTENTIAL nucleus to dominate for 5 or so years. It all hinges on Kobb of course. He has to be almost as good as McNabb and not choke, yes I said it, in the big moments.

The first part of this, is rediculous. There are lots of veteran players who have quite a bit left in the tank. But, I do agree that they do have quite a good nucleus to build around. They could be very good in a couple years. However, I think they will miss McNabb's presence and leadership. Teams plan for McNabb, they don't plan for Kevin Kolb.

I predict McNabb will have the worst season of his career and the Eagles will beat the Skins twice this year.

I do like the fact that the Bills are going after African American QBs. The Bills had the first African American to start a season at QB in 1969! He was als the second African American QB to start a game in the NFL.