Survivor: Heroes v. Villains

ajzepp

I said to my wife during last season that Russell is playing the game like no one has ever played it before him and I loved it. She hated him and still does. We'll see how far he gets. These players are "better" than the one's he dealt with last season. But then again he's always thinking outside the box when they're not.

My wife hates him too. That makes it all the harder to understand how he mostly gets himself aligned with the women. They are usually the most gullible though. Sorry girls!! :thumbsup:

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The advantage Russell has also is no one on the show had seen his season yet. They started filming HvV right after the last season finshed. So Russell knows how the other Villians think, but they knew nothing about him.

The advantage Russell has also is no one on the show had seen his season yet. They started filming HvV right after the last season finshed. So Russell knows how the other Villians think, but they knew nothing about him.

But earlier in this season one of the players (can't remember who) mentioned his strategy from last season.

Russell has changed the game more than any other player before him. People now will always look for hidden immunity idols without clues. People will play super aggressive alliance-style games like he did. So yeah, I'm a fan.

Russell has changed the game more than any other player before him. People now will always look for hidden immunity idols without clues. People will play super aggressive alliance-style games like he did. So yeah, I'm a fan.

Totally agree...and he's actually renewed my faith in the game, because for a while it felt like there wasn't enough of a chance for the stronger players to protect themselves. If a bunch of weak do-nothings grouped together in such a way as to have a voting majority, the stronger players were basically sitting ducks. Russell was the lead dog from day one, and he proved that you CAN make it to the end with strategy and manipulation. For some, that would work for a week or two and then everyone would catch on and it was game over. With Russell, every time someone went after him it was THEM who went home. If the Tyson eviction was the first time Russell ever got himself out of a tight spot, it would be easy to chalk it up to Tyson being an idiot....but Russell has been doing this time after time after time, and he's still standing.

....but Russell has been doing this time after time after time, and he's still standing.

And that's the intriguing part. Every week you would think they would decide to just gang up and get rid of Russell to help get to the final three, but Russell knows who and how to play the players and get someone else out. Next time Russell is on a show, I can see everyone on whichever tribe he's on, voting for him at their first tribal.

Honestly, I'm a bit skeptical of how he found all of those immunity idols last season without any assistance. The cynical part of me thinks that the producers tipped him off because they knew he'd be good for ratings (and he did need to save himself with them). Why didn't he look for any of them this season? Heck, even with the clue, it took him a long time to find it.

This is a "reality" show, afterall...

Even if they did help him out, it's still entertaining.

Finally caught last week's ep, and Russell is the freaking man! I was on the fence about him last season, but now he's awesome. Probably one of the best players ever. Russell is on an entirely new level, and his ability to think 4 steps ahead of everyone else is amazing. Hatch wouldn't survive in the current survivor, and the only reason he won was because he was the only person playing the game in season 1. I was so glad to see Bahston rob get booted, as i couldn't stand him in all-stars. Cirie is a waste of space and shouldn't have been on the show.

Anyone know why coach was a villain and not a hero?

Anyone know why coach was a villain and not a hero?

Probably because Coach's odd behavior. Yet I'm curious if Russell voting to kick off Courtney and not Coach will do anything to him next week. Yet with the previews it might appear JT is going to make a fatal mistake. As count me among the Russell haters. As yes he's a great player but his damn arrogance just angers me to no end.

As count me among the Russell haters. As yes he's a great player but his damn arrogance just angers me to no end.

It's SOOO much easier for me to deal with that compared to these little ladies who don't do anything (Sandra and Kourtney).

I can't BELIEVE he did that :D:nana:

He's been a pretty solid player up until this point. What I don't really understand fully is why Russel feels compelled to blab every time he gets the idol? If it were me I would keep my mouth shut for a while at least to keep all options open. Worst person on the show to tell is that Parvity chick.

I've always considered Evil Dr. Will from Big Brother II to be the greatest reality player of all time....but if Russell finishes in at least the runner-up spot, I'm going to have to give him the nod. This guy played probably the best game of Survivor ever last year, but got screwed in the vote out of spite. Hopefully he'll win it all this season. :thumbsup:

Word, the dude is brilliant. I stopped watching this show YEARS ago and caught one episode last year. I've been hooked on it ever since.

He's been a pretty solid player up until this point. What I don't really understand fully is why Russel feels compelled to blab every time he gets the idol? If it were me I would keep my mouth shut for a while at least to keep all options open. Worst person on the show to tell is that Parvity chick.

I think he should keep his mouth shut too, but I think his ego is starting to become counterproductive lol. He's gotta quit thinking he's untouchable and protect himself better. He's in a great position right now, but I agree with you about Parv....she's dangerous as hell and could easily stab him in the back

Russell may think he's calling all the shots, but Parvati is the one in control now. Not necessarily a reflection of the end, but it is what it is.

Totally agree, bro