My prediction...includes the Bills drafting Iupati in the 1st rd

Here' s my 4 round mock draft prediction...

RD 1. Mike Iupati OT, Idaho...solid pick for the O line

RD 2a.Tim Tebow QB, Florida...good or bad, the Bills are in position to gamble their #2 on him, LT no longer as big of concern

RD 2b. Koa Misi OLB, Utah, Maybin is on notice that we have his replacement

RD 3. Cam Thomas DT, North Carolina or Linval Joseph DT, East Carolina...we need to draft a real DT with potential

RD 4. Riley Cooper WR, Florida...help out the new qb's transition and our team's WR problems with this pick

How did it all go down? Well after the Redskins choose Clausen (Shanny takes an OL over a QB???? Sorry, but no way that happens), the Bills start looking for trading partners...

...so when the Bills get on the clock both QBs are gone and they're left with a bunch of questionable mid-1st round OTs on the board that they aren't comfortable with...they are also left with questionable value and fit issues on the defensive side of the ball.

...therefore I could see the Bills using that #9 pick as trade bait for a team like the 49ers salivating to pick CJ Spiller who will be quickly rising in value to the point where the 49ers have no shot at #17 to get him. So the Bills get the 49ers' 2nd round pick in return for swapping 1st round picks.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I like Iupati, but I don't see where his selection solves any problems. He is a very good OG prospect, but only a so-so RT prospect. The Bills don't really have a need for another G, unless they plan to move Wood or Levitre to C, but even if that is the case they still don't have a good player at either T position. Taking a good G and moving him to T where he might be OK isn't a good plan for a #1 pick, IMHO.

I don't like Tebow in the second round - I just think he has too much work to change to think he could play this year or

even next. A couple of years on the bench will also significantly diminish his vaunted intangibles/leadership skills. Who is going to listen to a bench warmer?

I do think that you have the NT candidates at about the right spot for their value, but I am afraid that since there are

so very few NT prospects this year, that they'll go about a round earlier than they should.

I don't hate the picks, I just don't agree with them.

RD 2a.Tim Tebow QB, Florida...good or bad, the Bills are in position to gamble their #2 on him, LT no longer as big of concern

RD 3. Cam Thomas DT, North Carolina or Linval Joseph DT, East Carolina...we need to draft a real DT with potential

RD 4. Riley Cooper WR, Florida...help out the new qb's transition and our team's WR problems with this pick

How did it all go down? Well after the Redskins choose Clausen (Shanny takes an OL over a QB???? Sorry, but no way that happens), the Bills start looking for trading partners...

...so when the Bills get on the clock both QBs are gone and they're left with a bunch of questionable mid-1st round OTs on the board that they aren't comfortable with...they are also left with questionable value and fit issues on the defensive side of the ball.

...therefore I could see the Bills using that #9 pick as trade bait for a team like the 49ers salivating to pick CJ Spiller who will be quickly rising in value to the point where the 49ers have no shot at #17 to get him. So the Bills get the 49ers' 2nd round pick in return for swapping 1st round picks.

Iupati is a guard, we need a true left tackle......so maybe take one of the LT's in the first and Iupati in the second, then Tebow gets left out, oh darn

Not bad.

1. Would be nice if Iupati can actually play LT. I am hearing he projects to be a stud at OG that might also play RT.

2a. Tebow is a prospect that is boom or bust. Worth the pick if we can get an extra 2nd, otherwise I would pass.

2b. Sad that we are replacing our number 1 pick last year with a number 2 this year. If true it clearly demonstares the lack of a planning and stability in our FO.

3. Thomas might not be there with the premium on NTs right now.

4. Good time to look for WR after other positions are addressed.

Iupati is a guard, we need a true left tackle......so maybe take one of the LT's in the first and Iupati in the second, then Tebow gets left out, oh darn

I agree. Iupati doesn't do us any good. Picking him up basically means that either Iupati, Wood or Levitre rides the bench. Or maybe Wood slides over to center and basically becomes a second-year rookie at center.

The Iupati pick doesn't help us even though he's a great prospect.

I'm not thrilled with Tebow, but I can see him going there. Again, doesn't help us next year, but down the road ... maybe.

The rest is alright wtih me, but neither of our first two picks would be an immediate help to us. That does not sound right to me.

if te 4 LT's in this draft are gone including the kid from rutgers then I would be all for Iupati @ 9 because a lot of personnel people are convinced that he could play LT easily! it could happen if all the 4 true LT's are gone but i think one will fall to us !

I'd be cool with Iupati...he can play Tackle...people say he is iffy there, but seriously...the guy had the frame and ALL the skills he needs...he's sooooo raw not having played many years of football...but he's got that certain something nobody else has...he simply does not give up sacks...his hand speed is incredible and his power just as ridiculous...I seen him do blocking drills against Suh and was SOLD on Iupati...as good as Suh is, Iupati made him look silly...

after that, the second round choices aren't close to what I'd like to see...and third I'm going with Linval Joseph...second I'd scoop up another tackle...Capers maybe...fourth I'd go WR/QB...depending on what's out there...we still need an edge rusher but we get what we can get...if after pick one we can steal Kindle in the second that's perfect, but he won't fall that far...

So who plays LT? Bell?

http://www.draftcountdown.com/sub/Mock-Draft-B.php

"Idaho’s Mike Iupati is a big, strong, tough, physical blocker and also a terrific athlete with considerable upside. Most feel that Iupati is perfectly capable of playing inside or outside at the next level"

The same sight lists him as an OG but look at the write up, sounds like he can handle either OT position...

http://www.draftcountdown.com/ScoutingRepo...Mike-Iupati.php

"Excellent height and bulk --- Huge frame with long arms --- Outstanding strength --- Physical and aggressive --- Superb athlete with good quickness and agility --- Mobile with great range --- Dominant once locked on --- Uses his hands well --- Explosive with a violent initial punch --- Stout at the point of attack --- Gets a terrific push in the run game --- Appears to be a natural knee bender --- Wide base and nice balance --- Has a mean streak and finishes his blocks --- Solid instincts and awareness --- Intense and Competitive --- Hard Worker --- Team Leader --- Offers positional versatility --- Still has considerable upside. "

My guess is that Iupati would be our RT with Bell starting at LT. Depending on how well Bell does, the 2011 draft could be where we finish the offensive line building project and get our LT in the 1st round. With the left handed Tebow as our qb the need at LT is slightly lowered and could be pushed back another year.

Cam Thomas is projected for the second round. He may be the Bills choice in the second round assuming Cody is gone. Tebow is not going to get drafted until the 5th round. He is going to drop like the Ten commandments are chained to his leg and he is tossed into the Sea of Galilee....

terrible. I'd cry fosho. The only OL position we are in DIRE need of is a LT. We won't have one. STUPID 1st pick. I like getting Tebow. Misi is an ok pick. Thomas will NOT be there when we pick in the 3rd. Everyone loves to put him there so their draft looks good. Stop please. Not going to happen.

Iupati would give us one hell of a jack-of-all-trades. He could easily play guard, and we could put Wood at center, or he could play either of the tackle positions. He might not make a great LT, but I think he would be very good at guard or RT.

I'm going to help you out

1st #17 take Davis or Campbell

trade up with you two 2nd rounders in the 18-22 range then take Iupati

3rd Cam Thomas NT

4th Eric Norwood OLB

Two things which right or wrong can't be overlooked...

1. The Bills need a QB...

2. ...and they need to sell tickets after a depressing offseason.

If Clausen is there at #9 they are going to take him, with Clausen gone they will select Tebow in the 2nd.

I approached it as a kind of a prediction/best-case-scenario exercise.

I like Iupati, but I don't see where his selection solves any problems. He is a very good OG prospect, but only a so-so RT prospect. The Bills don't really have a need for another G, unless they plan to move Wood or Levitre to C, but even if that is the case they still don't have a good player at either T position. Taking a good G and moving him to T where he might be OK isn't a good plan for a #1 pick, IMHO.

I don't like Tebow in the second round - I just think he has too much work to change to think he could play this year or

even next. A couple of years on the bench will also significantly diminish his vaunted intangibles/leadership skills. Who is going to listen to a bench warmer?

I do think that you have the NT candidates at about the right spot for their value, but I am afraid that since there are

so very few NT prospects this year, that they'll go about a round earlier than they should.

I don't hate the picks, I just don't agree with them.

We always have a need for great players.

we are not drafting a QB, this years qb pool is week. they will draft a tackle or lb or trade back.

Bell will not start next year, one of the tackles they want will be there at 9

After replacing Dick Jauron with another retread coach (not saying Gailey's a bad choice, just PR-wise) and signing absolutely no one of note in free agency, the Bills WILL be drafting either Clausen or Tebow. Mark it down.