Raiders/Mcnabb

Just saw on the update alert on espn that the Raider would be willing to deal Nnamdi Asomugha for Mcnabb. With the uncapped year they could take on the last year of this guy's 15 mil a year deal(the 3rd year is an option for the team) and have a tandem of him and asante samuel. mcnabb may not like going out there but the eagles would have one hell of a defense for next year.

When I first saw this I was going to rip Al Davis yet again. However Asomugha has only ayear left on his contract, is due an 8 million dollar salary bonus sometime in April, and has a clause theat he can exercise paying him the average of the top 5 salaries at his position. Davis may be thinking he can get a QB to go with their decent running game, keep their fist and second round picks, win sooner rather than later, all the while spending less money.

For once, this makes sense for the Raidahs. He would be as good a mentor as there is for Russell.

I bet Al closes the deal on this one.

The mentor aspect might be what makes it worthwhile. McNabb is known to try to help African-American QBs and might look at this as an opportunity to take him under his wing. The Raiders might be able to work out a one year extension with him for mentoring purposes and then in a perfect world, have Russell ready by then. Of course it could also blow up in their face and just end up being a cash-grab for McNabb for a year until he can get to a team he really wants to play for.

It would probably be a good deal for the Eagles as long as they could sign Asomugha to a long term deal.

The mentor aspect might be what makes it worthwhile. McNabb is known to try to help African-American QBs and might look at this as an opportunity to take him under his wing. The Raiders might be able to work out a one year extension with him for mentoring purposes and then in a perfect world, have Russell ready by then. Of course it could also blow up in their face and just end up being a cash-grab for McNabb for a year until he can get to a team he really wants to play for.

It would probably be a good deal for the Eagles as long as they could sign Asomugha to a long term deal.

That is all well and good but I don't think D. McNabb is willing to go to Oakland.

That said there is a 60/40 chance that McNabb is gone from Philly, which is to me had to believe, he should finish his career there after all he has done for Reid.

That is all well and good but I don't think D. McNabb is willing to go to Oakland.

That said there is a 60/40 chance that McNabb is gone from Philly, which is to me had to believe, he should finish his career there after all he has done for Reid.

What has McNabb done for Reid? He's a football player who has been paid quite well for his services. He played for Reid b/c it was in his best interest, and Reid started him b/c he thought it gave him his best chance to win. There were no favors here and no one owes anyone anything.

google "McNabb mentor black quarterbacks"

At least two are mentioned in the first article that comes up.

And is there some reason why you didn't just name them?

Also, are you saying that McNabb is a racist, only interested in mentoring black QBs?

Just saw on the update alert on espn that the Raider would be willing to deal Nnamdi Asomugha for Mcnabb. With the uncapped year they could take on the last year of this guy's 15 mil a year deal(the 3rd year is an option for the team) and have a tandem of him and asante samuel. mcnabb may not like going out there but the eagles would have one hell of a defense for next year.

If Asomugha were a free agent, would Philadelphia sign him for that money? Of course not. They aren't strapped at CB.

So why would they trade value(McNabb) for something they wouldn't take for just the price of the contract? I don't think you guys understand this concept. Regardless of how good you are, there is a dollar value at which most teams won't bring you in.

The Asomugha and a first rounder for McNabb and Samuel makes more sense, but it's too much value coming from the Raiders. The extra 50% that you have to pay Asomugha negates the difference between he and Samuels' abilities.