Jason Peters...a little salt

I'm still salty...so a year after...I have to say it.

THIS year's draft was why you didn't release Jason Peters.

We have too many holes to fill, not the least of which is Left Tackle, and we only have one first round pick.

A lot of people hated him, including me. He was fat and lazy, and took plays off. He wanted to be paid more than he was worth. He was a late round turd we polished into something competent whose head got too big for his own good.

But was he better than the alternative?

Any monkey with two neurons to rub together would have to say yes. :thumbdown:

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We have too many holes to fill, not the least of which is Left Tackle, and we only have one first round pick.

A lot of people hated him, including me. He was fat and lazy, and took plays off. He wanted to be paid more than he was worth. He was a late round turd we polished into something competent whose head got too big for his own good.

yea i agree and he did make the pro bowl this year. no one on the current roster comes close to him and a year later we are still trying to replace him.. wilson please sell the team to jim kelly & co.

The idiocy was not only trading your "Pro Bowl" LT, it was also not having a plan to fill his absence. This is the National Football League and every team (besides us) realize that QB, LT, DE and CB are the money positions.

Here's hoping (praying?) the new regime doesn't overthink the situation. I am encouraged thus far.

The idiocy was not only trading your "Pro Bowl" LT, it was also not having a plan to fill his absence.

No, the idiocy was cutting the planned replacement just before the season started.

And Peters wasn't worth what he was paid, much less what the Eagles gave up for him.

So he is fat, lazy and takes plays off but you still want him on your team? Would you also pay him $60M?

Why does everyone care what he was paid? We were well under the cap and the $$ isn't coming out of your account...so who cares?

Would you rather overpay a decent LT or have noone at a bargain?

For the amount of money Peters wanted, regardless of how under the cap a team may be, you want him to perform better than "decent" or 18th in the NFL, as per profootballfocus.com. And with the way he was abused in the Eagles-Cowboys game last year, you know that the Eagles/their fans weren't too thrilled with him.

yea i agree and he did make the pro bowl this year. no one on the current roster comes close to him and a year later we are still trying to replace him.. wilson please sell the team to jim kelly & co.

He didn't want to be here, got hurt when it was cold and ****ty out and got hurt again last year. We wouldn't have won the superbowl last with him anyway. We only have so much money to pay we couldn't pay as much as he wanted.

He didn't want to be here, got hurt when it was cold and ****ty out and got hurt again last year. We wouldn't have won the superbowl last with him anyway. We only have so much money to pay we couldn't pay as much as he wanted.

Superbowl? His play was a major reason why the Eagles made a first round playoff exit for the first time under Reid.

if we didn't move Peters then we don't get Wood and we'd need a RG

+1

We did get a 1st rounder for him. Granted LTs are more valuable than RGs, but it's not like we didn't get value for him. The mistake last yr was wasting a pick on Maybin that could have been used on an OT.

how much cash would you have paid him to stay? would you have paid him after he took August off, or before he took August off?

if we didn't move Peters then we don't get Wood and we'd need a RG

Nobody is denying the Peters trade, they are stating that Jauron the moron didn't draft a replacement, or even bring in a decent free agent.

There had to be at least 4 decent free agent tackles he could have brought in last year after he cut Langston Walker. He cut Walker because he couldn't keep up with the no huddle offense they scrapped a few weeks later , what a joke of a coach.

Nobody is denying the Peters trade, they are stating that Jauron the moron didn't draft a replacement, or even bring in a decent free agent.

There had to be at least 4 decent free agent tackles he could have brought in last year after he cut Langston Walker. He cut Walker because he couldn't keep up with the no huddle offense they scrapped a few weeks later , what a joke of a coach.

I have to agree with this statement. I was on side of trading Peters, not because think he is a bad tackle, but because he seem to not care and not want to be here anymore. Even if they paid him, not sure he ever would have been happy after the holdout and not getting paid when he wanted. Both sides needed a fresh start there.

I actually thought that Walker would be able to hold the fort till Bell was ready, but apparently Walker either wasn't capable, or just didn't put the effort forth he needed to, since he didn't want to move to LT to begin with.

I still think Bell may be a good tackle once he finishes developing, but considering how raw he was, when fully healthy he held up pretty well I think. They definitely should have brought in at least a veteran to back him up who had some experience. Even if was just a backup, having a veteran presence to lean on and learn from would have helped, and when he got hurt initially, would have been able to stay on bench till was fully healed, instead of coming back early and getting injured again.

They gambled big time at one of the most critical positions on the offense, and it failed.

Peters was a good LT...no doubt about it...but the level of play compared to what he wanted from Buffalo was too crazy IMO...we got something for him and that was good...if you actually watched him play, he wasn't playing NEAR as well as he could or should have...holding out for more loot with three years left on his contract just because we signed Dockery for more????...he's a selfish lazy guy...he had all the talent in the world, but he showed us all he didn't want to be here and didn't care about how the team performed...THAT is enough for me to cut ties with him

Would you rather overpay a decent LT or have noone at a bargain?

THAT'S IT! RIGHT THERE! THAT'S THE QUESTION!

...still trying to figure out why no one asked it in our Front Office last year. The answer is obvious.

There is not another GM in this league who would have traded a competent Left Tackle for what was (at the time) an unkown pickup in the First round on the O-Line.

Who would trade proven competence for a crapshoot.

No, the idiocy was cutting the planned replacement just before the season started.

Love to see a show of hands who think Doc is right and Walker would have solved the problem at LT. El Tigre is all thumbs up on that.

Have you guys ever heard the saying "don't cut off your nose to spite your face?". The Bills done f*cked their own sh*t up but they taught him a lesson making him go play for a contender for pro bowl LT money. At least they also let all the other pro bowl LT's on their roster know they mean business.

Peters DID NOT WANT TO BE HERE. Why don't people get this? Yes, he was certainly better than anything we had last year or going into this year, but the guy didn't want to play for Buffalo and it showed on the field.