Bills unusual pitch to season ticket holders....

Buftex

Thread on this the other day.

And it's sad, not funny.

Sorry, missed the other thread...and, I guess I have a dark sense of humor.... <_<

BTW- a buddy of mine was at the NFL Hall of Fame the day that game was played. Apparently, they showed the game on the in-house monitors. After it was over, he says, they made an announcement, congratulating anyone who wathced the game, on having witnessed "the worst NFL game since the addition of the forward pass...this game will be inducted into the HOF"! :D

Sorry, missed the other thread...and, I guess I have a dark sense of humor.... <_<

BTW- a buddy of mine was at the NFL Hall of Fame the day that game was played. Apparently, they showed the game on the in-house monitors. After it was over, he says, they made an announcement, congratulating anyone who wathced the game, on having witnessed "the worst NFL game since the addition of the forward pass...this game will be inducted into the HOF"! :D

Yep. Worst game ever. Sadly, I bore witness to this atrocity in person. I had never been so disgusted. I had no idea what I had just watched but declared that it was not football.

Yep. Worst game ever. Sadly, I bore witness to this atrocity in person. I had never been so disgusted. I had no idea what I had just watched but declared that it was not football.

Not only did I sit through the entire game, but I had to drive 295 miles home afterwards. I told everyone the next day that I was at the worst game I'd ever seen, and I've been to over 200 games.

Not only did I sit through the entire game, but I had to drive 295 miles home afterwards. I told everyone the next day that I was at the worst game I'd ever seen, and I've been to over 200 games.

Sitting there in the second half, playing with the CrackBerry because the game was so mindbendingly boring, I read a tweet by Nick Mendola that said it would be cool for the game to end in a tie. Immediately replied, "Are you insane? That means sitting through 15 more minutes of this!"

Did anyone else see this:

https://sites.google.com/site/thempsproject...e-buffalo-bills

Also on PFT: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/...o-in-ticket-ad/

Apparently this shows up on people's brochures to renew their season tickets: A picture of Brian Moorman punting out of his own end-zone in a game the Bills will eventually lose 6-3 to the god-awful Cleveland Browns...

Awesome! :nana:

(I searched for a duplicate topic, but if this has been covered already in another post, feel free to merge...)

People are making too much of nothing. If the Bills marketing dept. was so bad the stadium would be empty game days. Marketing is one area where the Bills excel.

PTR

Well, their excuse, which i agree with: Moorman is not only a good player, but a good guy off the field, so they wanted to highlight that. I guess the issue is, why pick *that* game which was one of the most awful displays of offensive futility EVER to highlight your ex-pro-bowl punter?

And why pick a picture where you're kicking out of your own end-zone, surely there are good pictures of Moorman kicking from the 20 or 30yrd line... (excuse #2: Getting a picture of the punter kicking out of the end-zone is the best angle to highlight said player since he's presumably closest to the photographer)

Either way...funny...

Well, their excuse, which i agree with: Moorman is not only a good player, but a good guy off the field, so they wanted to highlight that. I guess the issue is, why pick *that* game which was one of the most awful displays of offensive futility EVER to highlight your ex-pro-bowl punter?

And why pick a picture where you're kicking out of your own end-zone, surely there are good pictures of Moorman kicking from the 20 or 30yrd line... (excuse #2: Getting a picture of the punter kicking out of the end-zone is the best angle to highlight said player since he's presumably closest to the photographer)

Either way...funny...

Because from a pure photography point of view, its an incredible picture. Look at the angle and all you see from that photo, its awesome. They didn't think about the game sentiment from a fans point of view.

People are making too much of nothing. If the Bills marketing dept. was so bad the stadium would be empty game days. Marketing is one area where the Bills excel.

PTR

I'm not so sure this is true. It does not take marketing mastery to sell water to people dying of thirst.

Obviously they didn't think about it based on how others (like fans and the media) would interpret it. They thought of it from an incredible photograph with an outstanding view, which it is.

fixed

As pointed out in the other thread, is that a pretty easy Photoshop exercise could have extracted the scoreboard from the background, and then they could have used it in a creative way.