Why are we down on Brohm?

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In order to be placed on the practice squad, you have to be released and clear waivers. Nobody claimed him.

While on the practice squad, you can be signed by any team. No team signed him for ten weeks until the Bills did.

So, it's a lot more than MacCarthy passing on him. Every team in the NFL in essence said they didn't want him on their roster.

Not saying the guy will be good, but why are we to assume he won't?

Because Mike McCarthie, god of all that which is QB, put him on the practice squad?

Is that really the reason?

I think if he was able to work with some one like Gailey and get himself back to what he did in college he'd be great in Buffalo --- even Eric Wood thinks so !!!

In order to be placed on the practice squad, you have to be released and clear waivers. Nobody claimed him.

While on the practice squad, you can be signed by any team. No team signed him for ten weeks until the Bills did.

So, it's a lot more than MacCarthy passing on him. Every team in the NFL in essence said they didn't want him on their roster.

Thank you. That is the most informed and informative post I've read on the subject. Much better than the "he got beat out by a 7th rounder" bit.

Because Mike McCarthy, god of all that which is QB, put him on the practice squad?

Because he couldn't beat out a 7th round pick to even make the roster

I think if he was able to work with some one like Gailey and get himself back to what he did in college he'd be great in Buffalo --- even Eric Wood thinks so !!!

I believe in Brohm. When you say, "even Eric Wood thinks so", did he say it in an article or something. I am curious, I hope Brohm is the guy. I want him to have a full offseason to work and learn the new playbook. It is good that he is starting from scratch like the other QBs on the team. I think he has what it takes. With that being said, I thought Losman and Edwards did as well. I was never big on Fitz. He is a back up at best.

Brohm...who I liked coming out of college...proved to be a disappointment thus far...nobody wanted him...he couldn't make it off the practice squad...I dont know about thinking this guy is the answer now c'mon....

And Eric Wood is not a good opinion to go on...maybe we should listen to Whitner about grabbing Troy from Balt...or maybe we should ask all our players, who was your QB in college...you think we should pick them up????...hmmm...or no no no wait...I have a better idea...lets listen to QB talent evaluators instead...they might know what they are doing...but not QB evaluators like Bill Walsh...because he got lucky with the few QB's he got...lets go with a different evaluator...

It tickles me that you guys are like YEAH WOOD SAID IT...but then downplay what Walsh said about Edwards...ridiculous...simply ridiculous...makes me question "the most informed and football savvy fans in the nation" statement by Takeo back in the day

I have often wondered what might have been for some of the great quarterbacks, had they been drafted or gone to different teams. How many QB's could be good in the right situation? Protection is a must, but, I'd say certain systems are better fits for certain guys, so, if our Head Coach recognizes this, and I think he does, then he could probably design an offense for any of them. That being said, I believe Fitzpatrick showed his limitations last year (accuracy is terrible, consistency also), and Edwards is just too scared - it's in his head. If he could overcome that he could be good - as we've seen. But Brohm, well, I don't think he's really had that chance yet, and now he's got a new system that might be molded to fit his strengths... I hope it works out.

With a shot to be the starter (unlike in GB), and with Gailey who's gotten the most out of the QB's he's had, Brohm could be a pleasant surprise. I don't see any surefire QB's in this draft, meaning they'd have to draft a project (which they still should) who will take time to develop.

Because Mike McCarthy, god of all that which is QB, put him on the practice squad?

Do you know something the rest of us don't? Because Brohm is not a good QB. It really is that simple.

Because he couldn't beat out a 7th round pick to even make the roster

ohhh there we go! leave it to darthice for the comment about the QB situation. not only did darth leave a comment, but it's the same one we've heard 1000 times before! thank you darth. you're such a valuable member of this board. :lol:

ohhh there we go! leave it to darthice for the comment about the QB situation. not only did darth leave a comment, but it's the same one we've heard 1000 times before! thank you darth. you're such a valuable member of this board. <_<

Am I wrong?

I myself don't think we're "down on Brohm." It's just healthy skepticism. We'd be thrilled if he improved, but we're very clear that a lot of improvement is necessary. For Trent and Fitz, too, by the way.

ohhh there we go! leave it to darthice for the comment about the QB situation. not only did darth leave a comment, but it's the same one we've heard 1000 times before! thank you darth. you're such a valuable member of this board. <_<

Perhaps we've heard it so much because it's germane, reasonable and raises serious questions.