If all we did was plug in a Pro Bowl QB to last years team

papazoid

Still living in that fantasy world where the GB line was the equivalent of the Buffalo line and Rogers miraculously made it work. Sorry man, didn't happen and here's why:

1. Green Bay's line was exponentially better than Buffalo's line

2. Roger's hung on to the ball forever whether he had the protection or not which led to big plays and a lot of sacks. Didn't translate into a lot of wins.

3. Most of Roger's and GBs success last year came in the second half when their line got healthy. Look at GB last season week to week.

4. Our weapons, Evans, an aging TO, Jackson, and not much else, doesn't stack up to the arsenal Rogers had at his disposal, and even at their worst, GB's line gave a lot more time than our QBs could ever have hoped for.

Not to say Rogers wouldn't have done better than TE & Fitz but to say at least 5 more games, meaning the Bills would have won at least 11 games. Don't see it.

Funny how you rank the GB line so much better than Buffalo, but in every single GB game, including the playoffs, all that was talked about was how bad the line was there and how impressive Rodgers was with dealing with it.

Aaron Rodgers EASILY, without a second thought, wins us 5 more games last year. Look at the games we lost, especially the close ones. We lost those close games despite ATROCIOUS QB play in almost all of them...yet they were close. So, on what logic could you possibly argue that a QB who has proven to be very succesful behind a pourus line already, wouldnt have been able to add another 7 to 14 points in each of those games which would win just about every one of them for us?

TO was better than what we got out of him last year...aging yes, but still dangerous with a real QB. Evans would be putting up pro bowl numbers with Rodgers. Freddie and Lynch would have been significantly better with a better passing game too.

Not to mention, the most over looked part of this equation. With a QB the caliber of Rodgers and a threatening passing game, our O Line would have been better because our passing game would have kept defenses honest rather than facing an onslaught every week.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

let's just say for the sake of arguement we replaced Trent Edwards with a pro bowl level QB ( like Rivers, Rodgers, Romo or McNabb) ......not an ALL PRO level like (Manning, Brees or Brady)......how many more wins would we have had from last years team if that was the only difference and everything else stayed exactly the same (players, injuries, etc...) ??

do the exact same thing at Left Tackle,.....plug in a pro bowl level LT (like Roos, Diehl, Long or Gross)....not ALL PRO like Clady or Thomas).

i know we need BOTH a QB & LT but i would rather have a below average QB with an Pro Bowl LT than a pro Bowl QB with a below average LT. the left tackle helps in both facets of the offense....RUNNING and passing.

in another thread someone made a point about how good Fitzpatrick and the bills looked against INDY at the end of the season when he had plenty of protection against indy's second string.

In the first paragraph leaving everything the same with out a LT, Manning, Rivers and Brady would've been on IR before the end of the year or on their back most of it the same as Trent ,probably a couple more wins 8 & 8 . Leave things the same insert McNabb , Brees , Romo or Rodgers, we may have an out side chance at the play offs because of there ability to scramble . Add a good LT to any one of the afore mentioned QB's & we definitely are in the play offs & have a chance of going fairly deep in the post season . With Brady, Manning, or Brees & a PB, LT a Super bowl appearance !!

Not to mention, the most over looked part of this equation. With a QB the caliber of Rodgers and a threatening passing game, our O Line would have been better because our passing game would have kept defenses honest rather than facing an onslaught every week.

It seems so obvious doesn't it? That's why I don't get all the talk on here about we got to build our lines first, no QB would be good behind our line, we're 3 years away from contending, blah blah blah

We won 6 games last year and lost several others very close like the Clowns, the Jets second game, Jaguars, Patsies (both games). A good QB can make stuff happen that sad sack QB like we have can't. Certainly could us got us 3 more points during regulation against Clowns for cyring out loud. Not to mention the leadership and confidence good leader veteran QB can provide.

With better coaching and the upgrades in talent we'll get this year PLUS A DECENT EXPERIENCED QB and we could be vying for playoffs. Take the approach of building the lines and going with ANOTHER rookie type QB and we're 6-10 again.

QB is the most important position is sports. Mathematically it's 1 out of 22. But it's more like 40% or something.

It seems so obvious doesn't it? That's why I don't get all the talk on here about we got to build our lines first, no QB would be good behind our line, we're 3 years away from contending, blah blah blah

We won 6 games last year and lost several others very close like the Clowns, the Jets second game, Jaguars, Patsies (both games). A good QB can make stuff happen that sad sack QB like we have can't. Certainly could us got us 3 more points during regulation against Clowns for cyring out loud. Not to mention the leadership and confidence good leader veteran QB can provide.

With better coaching and the upgrades in talent we'll get this year PLUS A DECENT EXPERIENCED QB and we could be vying for playoffs. Take the approach of building the lines and going with ANOTHER rookie type QB and we're 6-10 again.

QB is the most important position is sports. Mathematically it's 1 out of 22. But it's more like 40% or something.

Yeah, I totally agree with you here. Although, I do think that this would be the best year to find out if Brohm can play or not. Outside of trading for McNabb there are not any QB's out there available that are good enough to really carry this team anywhere significant. Maybe 8-8 or 9-7 can be had with some solid journeyman (I cant even really think of anyone available capable of getting us there even), but there just isnt any available QB's that will turn this team into a playoff team because none of them are really any good. McNabb makes this team a definite playoff contender in my book, but he isnt actually available.

So, unless we work some trade for McNabb, I think this would be the ideal year to let Brohm get some PT and see if he can be our long term guy. If he doesnt step up, then we know next offseason that we need to acquire a guy or draft a guy high at QB...

I bet we go 11-5.... We had a ton of weapons last year on offense between ownes and Evans and jackson. Aaron Rodgers at QB we win at least 5 more games

If you watched any pre or post game shows last season of Green Bay games, they gave up one of the highest amounts of sacks because of Rogers. Their line was nowhere close to the pathetic level of the Bills' line. I am not saying he isn't a good quarterback because he is, but he does hold onto the ball way too long, and is the fault behind 90% of Green Bay's sacks.

Guest dog14787
I bet we go 11-5.... We had a ton of weapons last year on offense between ownes and Evans and jackson. Aaron Rodgers at QB we win at least 5 more games

If there's one QB that could have gotten us into the playoffs with our O-line/coaching last season I have to believe its Aaron Rodgers.

Yeah, I totally agree with you here. Although, I do think that this would be the best year to find out if Brohm can play or not.

I don't have a problem seeing what Brohm can do in OTAs, mini-camps, training camps, and pre season. But if he hasn't picked up on the speed of the game etc and can actually throw a TD pass and stop throwing interceptions, then he can open the season riding the pine. I don't want to give the keys to the kingdom to somebody we don't have a really good feeling can succeed. I'd rather have Fitz in there as I think he gives us the best chance to win between the 3 QBs we have now.

However, Coach Gailey keeps proming us a new QB so we'll see who that is .... Clausen? McNabb? Orton? Culpepper? Tebow?