DEBUNKED: Joey Porter to visit Bills next week

Maddog69

Was Kilgore even on last night? Far as I know, he's in Mizzou-fanboy mode down at HSBC. (Just kidding, Ed.)

Nothing on his Facebook about Porter, but I'll check further ...

Joey Porter is a punk. And at this point in his career Keith Ellison is a better all-around player than Porter which should tell you all you need to know.

Joey Porter is a penis head but he can play football. Keith Ellison....bwhwhahahahahaahahaa!!!!!!

if this is found to be false and he never said that. Can we start banning members for starting up these false rumors. Picking up on false rumors is one thing, but making them up is another

We already have, several times. Let's wait for confirmation on this one, though -- with the NCAAs in town, they're kind of busy, so I can see how it might not have made their Web site. And I know most of us were watching hoops instead of the news ...

We already have, several times. Let's wait for confirmation on this one, though -- with the NCAAs in town, they're kind of busy, so I can see how it might not have made their Web site. And I know most of us were watching hoops instead of the news ...

Thanks for the quick reply. I am not calling for this persons head or anything. Just glad to know you guys and gals consider banning for making up rumors. It is nice to know

I thought Mitchell's first year was good. He's one of the few guys on the front seven that makes plays. Last year was a waste because he was hurt, but signing him was a good move. Not to say he can't be replaced though.

I totally agree, Mitchell was a good signing and a high energy player who brought a winning attitude (coming fresh off of a Superbowl win). But, he did suffer a serious injury so there is a pretty good chance he won't be what he was when he does come back (remember Takeo Spikes), so it might indeed spell the end of Mitchell in Buffalo if they were to sign Porter. He might be done in Buffalo even if they don't sign Porter actually.

Thanks for the quick reply. I am not calling for this persons head or anything. Just glad to know you guys and gals consider banning for making up rumors. It is nice to know

You might not be, but I am!

In all seriousness, i'm getting really tired of logging on to this site and getting excited over made up things. The media may be busy with NCAA, but a Joey Porter visit would get some priority.

You might not be, but I am!

In all seriousness, i'm getting really tired of logging on to this site and getting excited over made up things. The media may be busy with NCAA, but a Joey Porter visit would get some priority.

I agree 100%. Anybody posting some BS rumor should be banned. I did not make this up and was looking for clarification because I cannot find it anywhere on the internet. I actually tried to email Ed Kilgore but cannot find an email address. I figured somebody on here would have seen it somewhere or would have atleast heard it too.

I watched Channel 2 last night. Yes, Ed was on, but unless I was distracted by the unicorn prancing in my front yard, I didn't hear him utter the words "Joey Porter."

I was working while I had it on, so it's possible I could have missed it, but my ears are trained to pick up certain names, and Porter's is one of them. Plus, I didn't have any trouble recognizing Kilgore say that he's hearing Tim Tebow will be in Buffalo on Monday.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/i...-in-joey-porter

The Buffalo Bills have contacted free-agent outside linebacker Joey Porter to gauge his interest about playing in their new 3-4 defense, ESPN's Adam Schefter reports.

this is about all i can find. the sal cappacio report was from a buddy at work who just told me he read it off a site...i feel like an idiot

I watched Channel 2 last night. Yes, Ed was on, but unless I was distracted by the unicorn prancing in my front yard, I didn't hear him utter the words "Joey Porter."

I was working while I had it on, so it's possible I could have missed it, but my ears are trained to pick up certain names, and Porter's is one of them. Plus, I didn't have any trouble recognizing Kilgore say that he's hearing Tim Tebow will be in Buffalo on Monday.

Tim--what exactly were you drinking last night when you were watching the NCAA games? Is it mushroom season in WNY already?

Thanks Lori.

Sorry for the confusion. Did he mention another name? It was right at the end of the broadcast. He said somebody was coming in on Tuesday and I thought it was Porter.

As Mr. Graham mentioned above, Kilgore noted that Tim Tebow will be here on Monday.

we're all human. At least you man up and apologized. No harm, no foul as far as I'm concerned. And Tim, prancing unicorns, just priceless. :worthy:

Hey, it's Getzville. Lord only knows what goes on out there.

And since this seems to be a case of an honest mistake instead of someone trying to mess with us, I agree.

Joey Porter is a punk. And at this point in his career Keith Ellison is a better all-around player than Porter which should tell you all you need to know.

HAYYYYYOHHHHH... Mr. Wonderful: Paul Orndorf has once again returned!

Keith Ellison, meet Joey Porters jock strap. It is a better football player than you.

All that statement tells us is that you wouldn't know what a football was if you shat one out sideways.

Your avatar makes complete sense...he was demented as well.

Are you serious? Someone revoke this guys right to post here.

I think Mr. Wonderful got piledriven on his head one too many times. Ellison is better than Porter....hahaha!!!!! That's funny!!!!

Wow! I really think you need to lay off the crack. Seriously!

If you match the highest point of Keith Ellison's career against the lowest of Joey Porter, Ellison is still looking up. Way up. Get real.

Hahaha! I didn't think Mr. Wonderful could do it, but he has managed to replicate his idiocy in yet another thread! Maybe he should spend a little time at some pro day workouts before spewing some of this stuff. :worthy:

Wait, he's owning it? And apologizing? ....... damn *puts down torch and pitchfork*

Alright, i'll get down with the honest mistake, 'he's human' card and accept your apology. But I feel like we should only be allowed to post links. Everyone trying to get a "scoop" and be the first to post it is causing a lot of hair pulling.

Wait, he's owning it? And apologizing? ....... damn *puts down torch and pitchfork*

Alright, i'll get down with the honest mistake, 'he's human' card and accept your apology. But I feel like we should only be allowed to post links. Everyone trying to get a "scoop" and be the first to post it is causing a lot of hair pulling.

But if it's a radio or TV report, a link isn't always an option.

Best bet is, if nobody else is reporting the same story several hours later (as the OP discovered when trying to confirm it), proceed with caution.

I think we'll let Ed have the final say. After I contacted him, he posted this message on his Facebook account:

For twobillsdrive.com readers: (love the site, by the way!) I did NOT say on Ch2 that Joey Porter was visiting Buffalo. I DID say Tim Tebow is visiting on Monday, at least unless that changes. I know I stumble sometimes, but thought it was pretty clear..:-)