Moratorium on this please

Two things said over and over that I think should just be banned from the board

1. That Edwards hasnt had enough of a chance

2. That the O-line is whats most important

I wont even explain number 1, if we all voted, Im sure 9 out of 10 would agree Trent is a child in a slight mans body with the courage of a little girl. Can the tenth guy that thinks he "just hasnt had a chance or decent line or blah blah blah"...please just shut the f up? No one wants to hear that and you are just showing us how stupid you are.

As for number 2, I remember 10-15 years ago when no one I knew said anything about the line, it was always about the QB or the RB or the WR's, then it became cool to say "defenses win championships" !!! WOW those guys sounded super smart. And then recently its how the O-line is what really wins the game "down in the trenches". OK please, really its all important, its really about having a balance. When one thing on your team sucks, thats what other teams exploit. So its better to be balanced and decent everywhere then have "A great D" and no offense, or vice versa. If I had to pick one ID take great offense and weak defense because I rather see my team score alot and lose rather than slowly lose 10-3.

I want to let all the experts know, that we all know how important the line is, and the D, and the special teams, and the tight end...etc. Please dont explain away anymore how QB would have been good if he wasnt on his back. Lots of QBs play good w bad O-lines. In 98 and 99 we supposedly had a bad o-line. When a guy named Flutie came in and sacks became a thing of the past and we had 2 10+ win seasons with a "suspect" o-line. So please, can we have a moratorium on this "revelation"?? please...and oh ya...

TRENT SUCKS!

I wont even explain number 1, if we all voted, Im sure 9 out of 10 would agree Trent is a child in a slight mans body with the courage of a little girl. Can the tenth guy that thinks he "just hasnt had a chance or decent line or blah blah blah"...please just shut the f up? No one wants to hear that and you are just showing us how stupid you are.

As for number 2, I remember 10-15 years ago when no one I knew said anything about the line, it was always about the QB or the RB or the WR's, then it became cool to say "defenses win championships" !!! WOW those guys sounded super smart. And then recently its how the O-line is what really wins the game "down in the trenches". OK please, really its all important, its really about having a balance. When one thing on your team sucks, thats what other teams exploit. So its better to be balanced and decent everywhere then have "A great D" and no offense, or vice versa. If I had to pick one ID take great offense and weak defense because I rather see my team score alot and lose rather than slowly lose 10-3.

I want to let all the experts know, that we all know how important the line is, and the D, and the special teams, and the tight end...etc. Please dont explain away anymore how QB would have been good if he wasnt on his back. Lots of QBs play good w bad O-lines. In 98 and 99 we supposedly had a bad o-line. When a guy named Flutie came in and sacks became a thing of the past and we had 2 10+ win seasons with a "suspect" o-line. So please, can we have a moratorium on this "revelation"?? please...and oh ya...

TRENT SUCKS!

feel better now? - hope so - but as far as #1 goes im not sure i agree with you totally but the fact does remain that he hasn't inspired me with his play - as far as #2 goes you are wrong because everything begins and ends with the lines: o and d period - as far as your very last comment goes - it explains your entire post - if you believe that trent sucks then of course you would say what you said in #1 and #2

TRENT SUCKS!

you've posted 25 times. with posts like this you shouldn't make it to 50...

trent's got game... lets see if he can get back to it again.

Half the reason why I support Fitz is because I have seen 3 years of Edwards and have no idea whether he even has an NFL arm, much less "game".

The other half....THE RECORD.

what game would that be? Sure, he's got Dr. Mario written all over him, but does that mean he should be considered a football player?

TRENT SUCKS!

Oh look! Its Schmucky the Clown!

TRENT SUCKS!

It's all true.

TRENT SUCKS!

So you could of summed this post up by saying...ALRIGHT NO MORE INTELLIGENT FOOTBALL CONVERSATIONS PLEASE...I'M TOO RIDICULOUSLY UNIFORMED TO UNDERSTAND IT...THE ONLY STATISTICS I CAN UNDERSTAND IS WIN OR LOSE AND I DONT UNDERSTAND ANYTHING THAT GOES INTO THE WIN OR LOSS...dee dee dee....

the last 20 superbowl winners had at least one probowl lineman except the 2009 Steelers...18 of the last twenty had more than one...pretty darned important if you ask me...

Defense still wins championships...the last 14 of 20 champs had top ten rushing defenses...

offense is a piece, but running outweighs passing slightly with 11 of the 20 featuring a better rushing offense than passing....14 of 20 had rushing offense in the top ten while only 11 of 20 had passing offenses in the top ten...

Look, I understand that you are sick of hearing "its won in the trenches" because it takes away from your flutie flakes and jocking guys like Brady, who, I'll have you know, had a better ranked defense than offense in ALL his superbowl wins and only in thier years they missed the playoffs and lost the superbowl did thier offense rank higher than thier defense...I'm sorry to rain on your Brady, Manning, and Brees facade with empirical evidence proving games AND championships are won in the trenches...

Brady had as many as three probowl linemen blocking for him in the hayday of the pats....and had a good rushing offense in all but the 04 superbowl

P. Manning had two probowl linemen

Brees had three

the GREAT Aikman had four and one year he had five also a top five rushing offense and upper eschelon defenses as well

the list goes on and on...like I said...other than Roethlisberger beating the Cards...and the Bucs beating the Raiders...all other teams had two or more probowl linemen...so...

Moratorium on this please

Is there anything else that people say that irritates you?

Because I know that for me, personally, avoiding saying anything that you disagree with is a major priority in my life, right behind honoring my father and mother and right in front of the Golden Rule.

Oh, and defense DOES win championships.

#1- Trent Edwards has had plenty of chances. it's time to move on.

#2- Offensive Line......just watched an NFL Network show on the 1990 Bills season with the primary narrator Darryl Talley. The one thing that i kept on noticing is the "protection" and the unreal amount of time both Kelly and Reich had to throw the ball (Wolford, Ritcher, Hull, Davis & Ballard). i truely believe that if Kelly and Thurman played behind last seasons offensive line for their career, that NEITHER would be in the Hall of Fame.

the bills must build a dominant O-line. even with that line, Trent is not good enough.

So you could of summed this post up by saying...ALRIGHT NO MORE INTELLIGENT FOOTBALL CONVERSATIONS PLEASE...I'M TOO RIDICULOUSLY UNIFORMED TO UNDERSTAND IT...THE ONLY STATISTICS I CAN UNDERSTAND IS WIN OR LOSE AND I DONT UNDERSTAND ANYTHING THAT GOES INTO THE WIN OR LOSS...dee dee dee....

the last 20 superbowl winners had at least one probowl lineman except the 2009 Steelers...18 of the last twenty had more than one...pretty darned important if you ask me...

Defense still wins championships...the last 14 of 20 champs had top ten rushing defenses...

offense is a piece, but running outweighs passing slightly with 11 of the 20 featuring a better rushing offense than passing....14 of 20 had rushing offense in the top ten while only 11 of 20 had passing offenses in the top ten...

Look, I understand that you are sick of hearing "its won in the trenches" because it takes away from your flutie flakes and jocking guys like Brady, who, I'll have you know, had a better ranked defense than offense in ALL his superbowl wins and only in thier years they missed the playoffs and lost the superbowl did thier offense rank higher than thier defense...I'm sorry to rain on your Brady, Manning, and Brees facade with empirical evidence proving games AND championships are won in the trenches...

Brady had as many as three probowl linemen blocking for him in the hayday of the pats....and had a good rushing offense in all but the 04 superbowl

P. Manning had two probowl linemen

Brees had three

the GREAT Aikman had four and one year he had five also a top five rushing offense and upper eschelon defenses as well

the list goes on and on...like I said...other than Roethlisberger beating the Cards...and the Bucs beating the Raiders...all other teams had two or more probowl linemen...so...

Excellent post and excellent research. I have just one thing that I think should be banned from this board again:

bbillyfootballcoach

TRENT SUCKS!

You know you have a really goood offensive line when no one talks about it.

The hit in St Louis was a career changer for Trent. Some guys's have their careers end on a blown knee or a torn rotator cuff. Trent got his confidence blown out and has shown no signs of being able to regain it. I hope he makes a comeback, but I don't see it happening.

Given the makeup of this draft, going OL-line with 1st round pick is the better bet. The majority of the past twenty Super Bowl winners had an elite QB, so if there was a truly an elite QB prospect available, it may be worth using the No 9 on a QB. But IMO, there aren't any except Bradford and he will be gone. Sorry, I'm not sold at all on Claussen. I see him as the next Rick Mirer or Brady Quinn, not Joe Montana.

Best Bills teams of all time had both great (or at least very good) O-lines and QBs. There are a lot more available top-notch OL prospects than there are QB prospects. Improve the O-Line this year, evaluate whether Edwards or Brohm potential can be unlocked, and if not, then look for a high round QB in future drafts.

I still think if they go O-line in first, and a QB (Pike, Lefevour) in 2nd, that's the way to go.

The hit in St Louis was a career changer for Trent. Some guys's have their careers end on a blown knee or a torn rotator cuff. Trent got his confidence blown out and has shown no signs of being able to regain it. I hope he makes a comeback, but I don't see it happening.

That's the Big Lie, the one that should never be heard again on this board. He was exactly the same before and after that hit. A crappy quarterback who didn't anticipate, didn't see the field and plays developing properly. You can't cite statistics to back up the claim-they're the same pre-and post-hit. Fall back on the record...then look who those wins were against. He was even terrible when the Bills were managing to squeak out wins against awful teams. He's a never-was, get over it.

Two things said over and over that I think should just be banned from the board ...

<snip>

Thanks for the input. You know, if you started your own board, you could ban whatever you wanted to. Think we'll keep this one the way it is, though.