Do you use one of those fancy multi bladed razors?

Just Jack

I use the fusion too and shave my head and face every other day. The cheap disposable blades just don't work well and chew up my neck. I figure the $ I'm saving on haircuts I end up spending on razor blades.

I have heard really good things about this cheap Walmart razor and may give it a try when my fusion blades run out. Much cheaper refills too.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Personna-5-Blade...rimmer/12024538

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Personna-5-Blade...r-4-pk/12024539

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I use the fusion too and shave my head and face every other day. The cheap disposable blades just don't work well and chew up my neck. I figure the $ I'm saving on haircuts I end up spending on razor blades.

I have heard really good things about this cheap Walmart razor and may give it a try when my fusion blades run out. Much cheaper refills too.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Personna-5-Blade...rimmer/12024538

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Personna-5-Blade...r-4-pk/12024539

Same deal for me (head/face every M-W-F). I use the Mach 3 until it feels like a cheese grater (~2 weeks). Be sure to post about those WMT blades. I'd love to cut that part of the budget.

Yes... You don't have to change them when the blue thingy turns white. What a scam. Like HopsGuy said. I don't shave everyday... Maybe every other or three... Yet... A good quality blade will last a couple months... and I have a very tough, thick beard!

Here is an old tip... Want to stretch your blade? Leave it mineral oil...

Anyway... A cheap blade, I would throw out every other time or so... Say an Mach whatever will last a couple of months. Don't forget... It may not make sense, but there are a bunch of blades doing the work... Not just a single.

Anyway... My grandfather (born around 1910) would swear that is why they started to lock up razor blades behind the counter of the drug store where he went. They were so damn expensive and he must have been a klepto! :worthy::flirt:

I use the Fusion and I got it first in mail for free. I used to use an electric but it no longer works for me despite its claims that it would 'catch the long, thin hairs of teenagers" which I still have. I tried various shaving creams and gels but none helped with Fusion but plain old hand cream works great and I get a smooth shave every week or so when I bother shaving.

I use the Fusion and I got it first in mail for free. I used to use an electric but it no longer works for me despite its claims that it would 'catch the long, thin hairs of teenagers" which I still have. I tried various shaving creams and gels but none helped with Fusion but plain old hand cream works great and I get a smooth shave every week or so when I bother shaving.

Wow... "Every week or so."

I would look like Chewbacca if I waited that long! I would have to take a spoiler to it! I am like a human Chia Pet... Squeeze my eyes closed and I have a 5 O'clock! <_<:D

But I do use a Fusion and love it. Yet, I wouldn't use it if it didn't have the 6th blade on the other side for trimming. Seems the more blades, the wider it is... Like duh! Somebody was thinking when they put the trimmer balde separately on the other side!

Fusion. It lasts about a month for me.

Badger bristle brush and cake soap too.

Nice hot shave every AM. None of that canned foamy stuff. It's like cool-whip to whipped cream. If ye catch me drift.

Me too, I have three brushes that I rotate. Like the fusion, seems to be a much closer shave.

It's more like midnight but non the less eerie. Also, i have one of those "fog less" mirrors that constantly fogs up. Any suggestions?

I'veerfound that if you clean it regularly, it doesn't fog as much. Other tricks are to smear toothpaste on it and then wash it off.

Nope. Finally bought a Phillips/Norelco rechargeable electric and I've been very happy. Got tired of spending $$ every week on what was starting to look like venetian blinds on the end of a stick, plus the shave goop, plus running the water, plus the nicks and cuts.

Been there, done that, over it.

I'veerfound that if you clean it regularly, it doesn't fog as much. Other tricks are to smear toothpaste on it and then wash it off.

My wife cleaned it with same stuff she uses to clean the shower now it fogs up constantly. I will try the tooth paste though.

Fusion. It lasts about a month for me.

Badger bristle brush and cake soap too.

Nice hot shave every AM. None of that canned foamy stuff. It's like cool-whip to whipped cream. If ye catch me drift.

That's what I used for years, but in the past few, I've been buying canned stuff (I'm a sucker for things on sale with a hefty coupon).

I've attributed an increase in chafing to my continuing fossilization, but perhaps it's that gel stuff. I'll go back to the soap and see.

Thanks! :nana: