Tim Graham talks Tebow

Beerball

After weeks of special tutoring and no public displays aside from Internet video snippets, you wonder if the charismatic left-hander will emerge from the tunnel and hurl bombs right-handed.

Scouts won't see a completed project Wednesday or whenever teams hold their private workouts with Tebow. The Buffalo Bills and Seattle Seahawks already have signed up for special screenings.

oy

Two things:

1. It's funny to me that there are people who think Tebow isn't going to get drafted early. The amount of press and attention he gets alone will get him drafted high. Even if he's a complete failure, he'll be a win for team in need of a some tickets sales.

2. While I don't think the Bills should draft him, I love that they have a workout scheduled. This is a guy who has a lot of question marks and nobody has seen much of post-season. It's due diligence to get him here and kick the tires. Given that Nix has said he wants to build this team through the draft, it's at minimum a good sign that he's getting a closer look at these prospects, even if it's people we're not hoping for.

I think the Bills should seriously think about bringing in Tebow...then PASS OVER HIM ON DRAFT DAY...this guy is a great guy...I just don't see him being a really effective tool in the NFL...his speed is not all that great...his arm is not all that great...so the kid knows how to take an interview...so what...If Bradford isn't there at nine...and we all know he wont' be there by TWO...you wait till round three to take a QB and grab...whoever is left out of Pike, Snead, and Skelton...period

Two things:

1. It's funny to me that there are people who think Tebow isn't going to get drafted early. The amount of press and attention he gets alone will get him drafted high. Even if he's a complete failure, he'll be a win for team in need of a some tickets sales.

2. While I don't think the Bills should draft him, I love that they have a workout scheduled. This is a guy who has a lot of question marks and nobody has seen much of post-season. It's due diligence to get him here and kick the tires. Given that Nix has said he wants to build this team through the draft, it's at minimum a good sign that he's getting a closer look at these prospects, even if it's people we're not hoping for.

1. Only if he's actually on the field playing.

2. Agreed.

My guess is the Bills play this year with a QB currently on the roster. I think they look to draft OT and NT and take their chances at QB.

Sounds about right...the front office guys are saying that the dropoff between the top three guys and the rest is HUGE...meaning they are probably not interested in the guys I like Pike and Skelton...but whatever...there are plenty of big fat hogs to grab

I still like Edwards at qb anyway...one of the few...but I do...he should only have to pass fifteen times a game anyway with Lynch and Jackson...well if we had a decent and intelligent OC

1. Only if he's actually on the field playing.

In the long run, yes. But you're going to get at least 2 years of excitement (tickets sales) out of Tebow almost no matter what. The first season he'll bring in fans just by being drafted. The team won't have to make any promises about anything.

If he doesn't play or plays poorly year 1, the team can still dive up the hype by starting him year 2 and talking about how much he'll be improved in his second year.

Obviously it can't go on forever, but a team like Jax that's dying for tickets sales can use a draw like him. From all the reports it was a circus everywhere he went at the Senior Bowl. Every time his name gets brought up there's heated debates. If nothing else, he's a media machine.

In the long run, yes. But you're going to get at least 2 years of excitement (tickets sales) out of Tebow almost no matter what. The first season he'll bring in fans just by being drafted. The team won't have to make any promises about anything.

If he doesn't play or plays poorly year 1, the team can still dive up the hype by starting him year 2 and talking about how much he'll be improved in his second year.

Obviously it can't go on forever, but a team like Jax that's dying for tickets sales can use a draw like him. From all the reports it was a circus everywhere he went at the Senior Bowl. Every time his name gets brought up there's heated debates. If nothing else, he's a media machine.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/...ont-want-tebow/

Still very skeptical about the whole (and this goes for any player, not just Tebow) "draft him and we'll sell a ton of tickets" theory.

I'm trying to remember if I've ever seen a rookie come into the NFL and create a surge in season ticket sales. Then you factor in the strong possibility that he won't start his first season...maybe in walkup sales/single game tickets if he's an announced starter late in the season....but I'm not so sure about people buying season tickets solely because their favorite team drafted a quarterback, who probably won't go into his rookie season as the starter.

Now if Tebow won the starting QB job before the season opener (in other words, by the 3rd preseason game), I could see that increasing ticket sales.

I seriously doubt teams do this...I mean they are always accused of it...but honestly these guys all around the league are trying to win...because these sideshow theories aside, THAT'S what sells tickets...they could draft a golfer with an arm growing out of his............. and that would draw a crowd, but if he isn't throwing TD's and winning football games...that crowd would disperse mighty quickly...

It's not a sound marketing plan...no matter what the media is selling...you want someone who can win...if the Jags think he can win...they'll take him...if not...they won't...that's just my opinion

You'd never know it by talking to Jags fans in bars, restaurants, etc. and by listening to local sports talk radio (which I try to avoid but hear sometime anyway).

But those are the diehards who already own Jags season tickets. How many people down there don't give a wahoo about Dave Garrard, but own at least one Florida Gators #15 jersey?

Correct as usual, Lori. This isn't the best methodology for calculating the impact Tebow might have on drawing more fans to the games.

I'll be very surprised if Tebow gets past Jacksonville, but they don't have a 2nd round pick. Will they really make Timmy their only pick in the first two rounds? I'm guessing they trade down and acquire another pick for the purpose of drafting Tebow. Just a guess, of course.

I also hear Miami is interested in Tim, for what it is worth.

I don't understand the theory that drafting Tim Tebow will sell tickets! Jacksonville conducted a fan poll on whether or not the team should take Tebow, and the majority of the fans came up with no. If Jacksonville, an area of Florida where Tebow is considered a god, has fans who say no, why would he sell tickets in Buffalo? With the internet, NFL Network and people like Ron Jawrowski and Mike Mayock breaking down pro's and con's, fans have become too smart for a gimmick, sell-tickets pick.

With that being said, I fully believe if the Bills take Tebow, it won't be to sell tickets, rather they think he can be the answer.

Think about it.

1) They bring in a coach who has previous success ( at the NFL level) with a spread offense.

2) Chan Gailey had an offense put up great numbers with a mobile/inaccurate QB in Tyler Thigpen

3) Buddy Nix keeps preaching to us about how this regime wants to see a full resume of success, and they won't be drafting guys who didn't get it done in college. People take that as a shot at Aaron Maybin, but to me it seems like a pre-cursor to the introductory Tim Tebow presser- "We want guys with a proven track record of success, and show me a guy in this draft with a better one then the guy we got"

4) Jim Kelly, who works for the organization...mind you, has been going public saying he wants the Bills to draft Tebow.

I don't understand the theory that drafting Tim Tebow will sell tickets! Jacksonville conducted a fan poll on whether or not the team should take Tebow, and the majority of the fans came up with no. If Jacksonville, an area of Florida where Tebow is considered a god, has fans who say no, why would he sell tickets in Buffalo? With the internet, NFL Network and people like Ron Jawrowski and Mike Mayock breaking down pro's and con's, fans have become too smart for a gimmick, sell-tickets pick.

How many Bills fans would have been quick to say yes on Terrell Owens before he signed here last year. Once he signed, it was a whole different story. One player CAN make a difference.

The Tebow pick is coming. You know it. I know it. Deep down everyone knows its.The sooner you accept it the better off you'll be.

I don't feel that way. I'm not sold on a guy who has to change how he throws a few weeks before the draft. Still, given what Buddy and the FO have accomplished the past 24 hours, I'll sit back and let Buddy make the call. The guy knows football players.

My guess is the Bills play this year with a QB currently on the roster. I think they look to draft OT and NT and take their chances at QB.

I think they'll get rid of one of the 3 and get another QB via draft. Wouldn't be surprised to see Brohm go.

I don't feel that way. I'm not sold on a guy who has to change how he throws a few weeks before the draft. Still, given what Buddy and the FO have accomplished the past 24 hours, I'll sit back and let Buddy make the call. The guy knows football players.

As much as I support Tebow on these boards, I'm not 100% sold either. But I do like the fact that people pointed out a negative and he stepped up to try and eliminate it. If he could be effective, he would be a great guy to have on the team, because he cares more than most...or at least it seems that way.

I haven't read any of the Tebow threads, nor do I think he will make a good full time NFL starting quarterback. Nor do I really want the Bills to draft him. That said, I think right now he could step in on third or fourth and short, and do his little thing he does extremely well, and be very effective at it, and do the same in the red zone, at least from about the 10 yard line in. That alone would probably make him worth a second round pick.