Incognito to visit rival

According to Barry Jackson of the Miami Herald, the Dolphins are expected to bring in unrestricted free agent G/C Richie Incognito for a visit next week. Jackson says that the Dolphins put in a claim for Incognito after he was cut by the Rams in December, but lost out to the Bills in the waiver process. If Incognito could control his temper, he'd fit right in with the mauling offensive front of the Dolphins and push Donald Thomas and Nate Garner for the right guard job.

According to Barry Jackson of the Miami Herald, the Dolphins are expected to bring in unrestricted free agent G/C Richie Incognito for a visit next week. Jackson says that the Dolphins put in a claim for Incognito after he was cut by the Rams in December, but lost out to the Bills in the waiver process. If Incognito could control his temper, he'd fit right in with the mauling offensive front of the Dolphins and push Donald Thomas and Nate Garner for the right guard job.

That could leave a mark. :thumbsup:

I don't know how we let someone who has some talent, walk away, leaving us with virtually no talent. Unless we have plans to draft to replace him? Which I can't see guard as being where we go in the draft. We must be missing something.....

But but but . . . I thought that if a free agent didn't get at least ten invites on the first day of free agency, it meant that no one was interested in him, period!! I saw it right here on these forums!!!

But I'm not too worried about this. What does Bill Parcells know about offensive linemen anyway?

Well I guess we'll see if Parcells knows something the 31 other teams (with a dozen of them knowing something about O-linemen as well) don't, if a) they sign him, b) they start him, and c) he plays well for them.

I thought someone was arguing that Incognito was gonna get no interest, and therefore that justified the Bills FO from retaining him :thumbsup:

But but but . . . I thought that if a free agent didn't get at least ten invites on the first day of free agency, it meant that no one was interested in him, period!! I saw it right here on these forums!!!

But I'm not too worried about this. What does Bill Parcells know about offensive linemen anyway?

If you go back and read what I said you'd see that I said he'd probably get picked up by someone (which hasn't happened yet) and that all of the people who were screaming about letting him go should be surprised that it wasn't until the second week of FA for a team to contact him. You would've thought that by all of the whining about cutting him he would have been immediately contacted by several teams. That's what I said. I also said his temper was probably a big part of the reason the Bills didn't want him back. That idea is backed up by the line in the following writeup from Rotoworld.

From Rotoworld;

Richie Incognito-G- Bills Mar. 14 - 11:07 am et

The Dolphins are expected to bring in unrestricted free agent G/C Richie Incognito for a visit next week, according to Barry Jackson of the Miami Herald.

The Dolphins put in a claim for Incognito after he was waived by the Rams in December, but the Bills had a higher priority. If Incognito could control his temper, he'd fit right in with the Dolphins' mauling offensive front. He could push Donald Thomas and Nate Garner for the right guard job.

Source: Miami Herald

I'm not the only one who thinks his temper is a problem and before somebody says, again, that the Bills need bad tempered guys on the line, I agree. They don't need RI bad tempered guys. Eric Wood is a good example he's nasty tempered on the field but doesn't get stupid penalties because of it and he turns it off when he leaves the field. If the Bills could find 5 Eric Wood temper guys the line would be impenetrable. If the Bills had 5 Incognito's they'd constantly be backing up due to stupid penalties. There's good aggressive and bad aggressive. JMO

I don't mind him blowing a gasket. I would just like for him to do it as a Bill.

I don't know how we let someone who has some talent, walk away, leaving us with virtually no talent. Unless we have plans to draft to replace him? Which I can't see guard as being where we go in the draft. We must be missing something.....

agreed. can anyone tell me how many personal fouls he committed while on the Bills? serious question.

yeah...parcells even got stuck with Dansby this year and seems to know nothing about the importance of sitting on your stands and hoping your team plays better. I'd like to see a jerk like him coach against the Bills in a really big game just once!!!!!! :)