Incognito to visit rival

agreed. can anyone tell me how many personal fouls he committed while on the Bills? serious question.

How many games did he actually play in as a Bill?

The point you are trying to make is that he can control his temper that cost him his spot in St. louis because in a handful of games in buffalo he didn't have an incident? In that case i guess you can say that T.O. is a model teammate,

But but but . . . I thought that if a free agent didn't get at least ten invites on the first day of free agency, it meant that no one was interested in him, period!! I saw it right here on these forums!!!

But I'm not too worried about this. What does Bill Parcells know about offensive linemen anyway?

Ok, I love the brilliance of Parcells, but you might be reaching with Incognito.

All 32 NFL teams are looking for talented players that have the physical tools to win. Case in point, childish behavior of players such as Lynch, Owens, "PacMan", Vick, Burress, etc, etc, etc in recent years may indicate the need to have them placed in a straight jacket upon leaving the stadium every time, but does not detract from the obvious fact that they can play the game of football on a professional level.

Likewise, much has been made recently about the teams playing 3-4 defenses and the extreme lack of talented big men to play the NT role. There is a shortage.

I think Incognito is another of those type of players who has all of the physical tools, but is either not mentally stable enough or disciplined enough (or both) to be a reliable player as a starting G in the NFL.

Sure, we may all joke about the Bills needing some more "crazies" on the offensive line. But on a more serious note, despite all of the talent in the world, would you want Ryan Leaf running your team? Todd Marinovich? Can you count on Incognito?

Parcells is looking to improve his team in any way possible. Taking a chance on a talented player with a history of behavioral issues (that cost the team- key point) is just that- taking a chance.

I think that is less about the brilliance of Bill Parcells (and coincidentally less about the corner you are trying to imply the Bills front office is in by letting Incognito walk) and the idea of taking a chance on somebody, hoping they clean up their act.

The point you are trying to make is that he can control his temper that cost him his spot in St. louis because in a handful of games in buffalo he didn't have an incident? In that case i guess you can say that T.O. is a model teammate,

Exactly.

And I believe that TO acted like a professional (for the 1st time in his career, ironically) solely on the basis that he knew it was a "1-and-done" in Buffalo, and with his age and declining skills AND the market proving last year that his services are hardly in high demand (hmm...still on the market?) he could USE Buffalo to show future suitors that all of those stories about TO were just that...stories.

Ok, I love the brilliance of Parcells, but you might be reaching with Incognito.

All 32 NFL teams are looking for talented players that have the physical tools to win. Case in point, childish behavior of players such as Lynch, Owens, "PacMan", Vick, Burress, etc, etc, etc in recent years may indicate the need to have them placed in a straight jacket upon leaving the stadium every time, but does not detract from the obvious fact that they can play the game of football on a professional level.

Likewise, much has been made recently about the teams playing 3-4 defenses and the extreme lack of talented big men to play the NT role. There is a shortage.

I think Incognito is another of those type of players who has all of the physical tools, but is either not mentally stable enough or disciplined enough (or both) to be a reliable player as a starting G in the NFL.

Sure, we may all joke about the Bills needing some more "crazies" on the offensive line. But on a more serious note, despite all of the talent in the world, would you want Ryan Leaf running your team? Todd Marinovich? Can you count on Incognito?

Parcells is looking to improve his team in any way possible. Taking a chance on a talented player with a history of behavioral issues (that cost the team- key point) is just that- taking a chance.

I think that is less about the brilliance of Bill Parcells (and coincidentally less about the corner you are trying to imply the Bills front office is in by letting Incognito walk) and the idea of taking a chance on somebody, hoping they clean up their act.

In the above post, you appeared to put Incognito into the same "crazies" category as Ryan Leaf and Todd Marinovich. Say what you will about Incognito, but you can count on him to play the game with passion and dedication. Not something that's always been said about Leaf or Marinovich!!

Offensive linemen can lose you yards all the time. Holding penalties, false starts, letting the quarterback get sacked. I lump personal foul yards in with those other yards. Over the course of a season, does Incognito give up more yards (in sacks allowed combined with penalties) than you'd expect from an interior lineman? My gut says that he does not, but it would be interesting to see quantitative data on that subject.

Personal foul yards are harder for fans and coaches to accept than yards lost through holding penalties or other more "normal" means. It's not like there's an obvious need for a guy on your team to head-butt an opposing player and thereby draw a foul. But when all is said and done, a yard lost through a boneheaded (so to speak) personal foul is the same as a yard lost through some other, more "legitimate" means, such as a sack allowed or a false start.

Had they chosen it, the Bills could have had an interior line of Levitre, Wood, and Incognito. (Hangartnar would have taken Wood's place at center while the latter player heals.) The question we need to ask ourselves is whether an interior line consisting of two reasonably good players (Levitre and Wood) and one guy who needs to be replaced (Hangartnar) will result in more total "bad" yards (sacks allowed plus penalty yards) than a line with Incognito would have. I think the Incognito line has the edge there. Add in the yards you can gain with better run blocking, and at least to me the decision to keep Incognito is a slam dunk. The only reason I'd see for getting rid of the guy is if it was felt he was undermining the authority of the coaching staff or something.

Good point. My thinking is that from a "we could always use Oline depth so we don't have to scour the NFL for practice squad linemen" point of view, we should've at least tried to sign him for a good price.

He is at least in my opinion starter quality.

If Ritchie ever grows up he is a potential probowler talent wise. Certainly a bona fide starter in this league and a devastating run blocker. Our interior O-line could have been on its way from worst to first.

Maybe they thought they had a lock on Wade Smith. Or very probably Nix and Gailey did not want to chance the behavioral problems and related distractions. They are trying to bring a young team along. That means getting everyone to buy into the program and above all instilling discipline, which Ritchie clearly has lacked. Too bad.