Ross Tucker: My Wife and I Loved Buffalo

MattM

Interesting thoughts from one of my personal favorite up and coming football writers:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writ...lbag/index.html

"Did you enjoy your time in Buffalo and is playing for them as bad as the perception is around the league?

--@Shaunta53 via Twitter

My wife and I loved Buffalo; it was our favorite team and best experience out of the five I played for (Redskins, Cowboys, Browns, Patriots). I guess it depends on what the individual is looking for, but it was really a family atmosphere in which everyone was welcomed with open arms and everybody hung out with one another socially. Other teams were not always like that."

Maybe the team's rep with the players isn't quite as bad as some would make it out to be?

Interesting thoughts from one of my personal favorite up and coming football writers:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writ...lbag/index.html

"Did you enjoy your time in Buffalo and is playing for them as bad as the perception is around the league?

--@Shaunta53 via Twitter

My wife and I loved Buffalo; it was our favorite team and best experience out of the five I played for (Redskins, Cowboys, Browns, Patriots). I guess it depends on what the individual is looking for, but it was really a family atmosphere in which everyone was welcomed with open arms and everybody hung out with one another socially. Other teams were not always like that."

Maybe the team's rep with the players isn't quite as bad as some would make it out to be?

It depends on the individual. But more than a few ended up loving it after going there. But most see the negative reports and don't want to even give it a chance.

BTW, "Shaunta53" is a poster on the BuffaloBills.com message board.

It depends on the individual. But more than a few ended up loving it after going there. But most see the negative reports and don't want to even give it a chance.

BTW, "Shaunta53" is a poster on the BuffaloBills.com message board.

I would rather they hate each other, the city, the management, and the fans.......but win.

Seriously though, maybe things are a little too comfortable for these guys?

With all due respect to Ross Tucker, I'm not sure the atmosphere he described is the type of atmosphere that players we need care about

No thats exactly the type of players that we need. Players who just want to be here to play football and work on getting better at football and help bring people in that want tobe dedicated to football. No more Willis Mcgahee and other players who want the spot light and dont want the hard work and guts it takes to get it. Players like Eric Wood and Levitre, you never heard a report on these guys partying or anything other than working on being a contributer to the team, No clubs like mr. maybin or mr. lynch.

couple of winning seasons in a row and all of the sudden buffalo is not a bad place to play . In addition If Chan starts to put together an innovative offense players will come. cheer up we hit bottom and althought the stay has been long at least the Bills didn't bottom out at2-14 type seasons

You would think the Sabres would be an easier sell considering most hockey players come from cold places, but even in the NHL Buffalo is considered a black hole. Most players get that impression since all they see is HSBC and their hotels. Craig Rivet admitted that he didn't think much of Buffalo...until he moved here. Now he says his family love it here for all the same reasons other people say...easy pace of life, good schools, great communities, close to many activities.

PTR

couple of winning seasons in a row and all of the sudden buffalo is not a bad place to play . In addition If Chan starts to put together an innovative offense players will come. cheer up we hit bottom and althought the stay has been long at least the Bills didn't bottom out at2-14 type seasons

My sentiments exactly.

For all the young-in's...our own legendary Jim Kelly refused to report to the Bills when he was drafted and instead opted for the Houston Gamblers of the USFL. Cornelius Bennett balked at coming to Buffalo. B. Smith always made comments. So did Reed and Thurman.

But once things started getting good, not a one of them wanted to leave and every Plan B guy loved the idea of coming to a contender.

Winning cures all ills.

No thats exactly the type of players that we need. Players who just want to be here to play football and work on getting better at football and help bring people in that want tobe dedicated to football. No more Willis Mcgahee and other players who want the spot light and dont want the hard work and guts it takes to get it. Players like Eric Wood and Levitre, you never heard a report on these guys partying or anything other than working on being a contributer to the team, No clubs like mr. maybin or mr. lynch.

+100

Well said.

If we can just start winning that will change the culture. The players from our winning eras were most happy in Buffalo.

Nothing wrong with going out. Doesn't mean you won't work hard. Not going out doesn't mean you will. You can do a lot of stuff in your house... And nobody is always thinking about one thing. Not even Wood or Levitre. They hang out too.

My sentiments exactly.

For all the young-in's...our own legendary Jim Kelly refused to report to the Bills when he was drafted and instead opted for the Houston Gamblers of the USFL. Cornelius Bennett balked at coming to Buffalo. B. Smith always made comments. So did Reed and Thurman.

But once things started getting good, not a one of them wanted to leave and every Plan B guy loved the idea of coming to a contender.

Winning cures all ills.

speaking of the old days. I can remeber when players wouldn't play for the yankees. Maddux, bonds ,nobody would take their money in the early 90's . Winning changes everything