jimmy kennedy visiting buffalo tomor

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can somebody explain why he would be a better option at NT than Stroud ?

Seems to me that Stroud has as good a chance at transitioning to NT as Kennedy.

I'd be happy if they signed him just to have another NFL caliber DT on the roster, but I just don't see how he fits the need any more that Stroud.

I'd be happy if they signed him just to have another NFL caliber DT on the roster, but I just don't see how he fits the need any more that Stroud.

I don't think stroud wants to do it

My guess is that the Bills see him more as either a potential replacement for Kelsay, a rotational guy with KyleW or a passrusher when they switch to 4 man fronts.

Because Marcus Stroud is a big, well, MEOW. I think he's horrible. He can't anchor and will get moved by the slightest whiff of a block. The sooner he's obsolete, the better we'll be.

My guess is that the Bills see him more as either a potential replacement for Kelsay, a rotational guy with KyleW or a passrusher when they switch to 4 man fronts.

Thanks.

So the D Ends seem like they will be quite big. Stroud, Spencer Johnson and Kennedy are all at or near 300.

Seems like when we played the 3-4 back in 90's, the Ends were not that big. Bruce and Hansen were both under 280. And our NTs were not that big either.

It will be interesting to see what this beefier front 4 can do against the run.

Thanks.

So the D Ends seem like they will be quite big. Stroud, Spencer Johnson and Kennedy are all at or near 300.

Seems like when we played the 3-4 back in 90's, the Ends were not that big. Bruce and Hansen were both under 280. And our NTs were not that big either.

Remember that was 20 years ago also. These boys just seem to get bigger as time goes on.

And as light as our 'backers are in the ass, they're going to need a lot of protection up front.

See below...

i cant believe this is his 8th year in the league. he was a stud coming out of penn state and i could remember watching him play there like yesterday. he is a very large human being

This should help answer MadDog's question...

Thanks.

D-Ends in a 3-4 are 300lbs or close to it...Stroud is about 310, Johnson is around 285...Jimmy Kennedy is about 330.

Phil Hansen was 6'5 278lbs...Bruce Smith was 6'4 268...so yeah, I would say they were bigger than Schobel who is 6'4 243lbs and Kelsay who is 6'4 261.

Ted Washington was 6'5 375lbs and Pat Williams was 6'3 327lbs...yes they are big too, much more so than Stroud or any other DT we have on this football team. All our DE's are better for OLB's in a 3-4 and our DT's are better suited for DE's.

I don't think stroud wants to do it

That's just too bad! All the money these guys make they should jump if they are told to jump and play NT if they are asked to play NT. They all think it's about them, and unfortunately the team loses out in the end, which means everyone loses. Some teams realize this like N.England, Indy, Pittsburgh. Indy players were hurt about not playing starters their final 2 games of the year that could have given them a perfect season. Instead, the players generally kept their mouths shut, and did as instructed. Even though they didn't like it they knew their coach believed this would give them a better opportunity to go to the Superbowl! They may have lossed the S.Bowl but they believed in working towards their ultimate goal as a team and it almost played out that way! Indy has some marginal players in some position, and some marquee players as well like Manning, but they are a great team! They are committed to the team and are willing to make sacrifices, unlike Stroud, Unlike Lynch and unlike several players in the Bills organization. Until the mentality of this team is upgraded along with their talent level this team is a sub .500 team. I aniticpate that this team will suffer dramatically this year with the 3-4 shift and I don't expect more than 5 wins. The following year maybe back to 6 or 7 wins. It will be a crucial third year where the Bills with spectacular drafting and personnel moves has the potential to be a 9-11 win team if

the pieces fall into place, and this team begins to play unselfishly as a team for a change. Players like Lynch, Parrish, Whitner, Edwards, will be long gone and a distint memory by then. You remember those names and in three years they won't be there...maybe as soon as this year on all accounts, but I doubt it. This team is a major rebuilding project despite Buddy Nix saying that they are not really all that far away! They couldn't be further!! Stroud will be long gone by then as well anyways! :doh:

JasonLaCanfora DT Jimmy Kennedy visiting the Bills Thursday. More on NFL Network and

I see a lot of people assuming he is an end in a 3-4. why are we not thinking of him as a DT?

if he can get into the 330 range he'd be a solid body for the middle. Maybe not Ted Washington or Sam Adams at near 375 (lets not kid ourselves) but still solid. he's significantly wider then stroud or Spencer (by 20lbs). Again - I think at the ends a 6'4 280ish is fine, but in the middle you want a body that can eat up blockers, which i do think Williams does well (as per a friend who is a die hard minnesota fan).

A front 3 of Stroud - Kennedy - K.Williams would be fine with me, especially if we often moved Schobel up and williams inside more wiht a 3-4over system. I'd really be a big fan of this, as Stroud will be a handful for any RT to take on strength wise, not to mention the height of both Kennedy and Stroud would help clog passing lanes, an often overlooked quality in D-linemen.

GO BILLS (and sabres... bout time we start winning)

from sunny Okinawa,

Dr. C