Justice Roberts gently chides President

Good for Roberts. It is perfectly fine for the President to criticize the Court but it is not OK to lead a rally in their face when the very nature of the Court is that it is not supposed to react. Obama !@#$ed up.

Roberts on Tuesday said people have a right to respond to what the courts do, but context should be considered.

"Some people, I think, have an obligation to criticize what we do, given their office, if they think we've done something [wrong]," he said in response to a student's question. "So I have no problems with that. On the other hand, there is the issue of the setting, the circumstances and the decorum. The image of having the members of one branch of government standing up, literally surrounding the Supreme Court, cheering and hollering, while the court, according to the requirements of protocol, has to sit there, expressionless, I think is very troubling."

http://www.cnn.com/2010/POLITICS/03/10/obama.supremecourt/

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Obama said, "With all due deference to the separation of powers, the Supreme Court reversed a century of law to open the floodgates for special interests -- including foreign corporations -- to spend without limit in our elections."

That was a statement of fact of the consequences of the decision. If Roberts took it as criticism, then maybe his conscience over screwing up the Presidential oath was bothering him. And 4 of his fellow justices agreed with Obama when they dissented from the conservatives on the court. If he's that thin skinned, then he should pull a Palin and quit.

Obama said, "With all due deference to the separation of powers, the Supreme Court reversed a century of law to open the floodgates for special interests -- including foreign corporations -- to spend without limit in our elections."

That was a statement of fact of the consequences of the decision. If Roberts took it as criticism, then maybe his conscience over screwing up the Presidential oath was bothering him. And 4 of his fellow justices agreed with Obama when they dissented from the conservatives on the court. If he's that thin skinned, then he should pull a Palin and quit.

I guess you must have missed the part when Justice Roberts said

"Some people, I think, have an obligation to criticize what we do, given their office, if they think we've done something [wrong]," he said in response to a student's question. "So I have no problems with that. On the other hand, there is the issue of the setting, the circumstances and the decorum. The image of having the members of one branch of government standing up, literally surrounding the Supreme Court, cheering and hollering, while the court, according to the requirements of protocol, has to sit there, expressionless, I think is very troubling."

What Obama did was unprecedented and beneath what I would expect out of the president. Actually it was classless, and let me add that there 5 justices that ruled in favor of the decision. So let's see here, 5 is more than 4, which means that 5 is the majority.

Sour grapes, and that the only other purpose of this attack from Obama was to try to win political points, mainly for his liberal base.

So this is basically a case of "You started it".

I guess you must have missed the part when Justice Roberts said

What Obama did was unprecedented and beneath what I would expect out of the president. Actually it was classless, and let me add that there 5 justices that ruled in favor of the decision. So let's see here, 5 is more than 4, which means that 5 is the majority.

Sour grapes, and that the only other purpose of this attack from Obama was to try to win political points, mainly for his liberal base.

So this is basically a case of "You started it".

I cringed when he said it. It's like when people shout at police officers. The police are not supposed to react and the person shouting looks like a total douche. That's what Obama did. Alito's reaction was the moment when the cop breaks his stony face and says "!@#$ you."

Man have I ever walked a mile in Obama's shoes on that one.

I repeatedly say that I have as much or more respect for old people than anyone, but if I point out a minor flaw, I get lambasted. This is the exact same thing.

I have to ask you all...do I sound this this idiot when I post?

OK, can someone NOT from the Planet Mongo now answer?

Perhaps you should reread your original question out loud.

And what's wrong with Mongolians? Do you ever use the word Monger?

I cringed when he said it. It's like when people shout at police officers. The police are not supposed to react and the person shouting looks like a total douche. That's what Obama did. Alito's reaction was the moment when the cop breaks his stony face and says "!@#$ you."

Decorum from the top of both legislative branches were violated, hell, the leaders from all our legislative branches are lacking integrity.

I did as well. You know when somebody says something dopey in a meeting...that awkward silence right after? That's what it felt like. Then, the idiot insult to the idiot injury were those supposedly grown men and women in the cabinet acting like they were hazing a Dolphin fan at a bar.

Immature. Classless. But honestly, given how they have been acting since Bush won in 2000? Not that surprising.