Kelly wants the Bills to draft Tebow.

The first game against Buffalo this year was the first time Sanchize had played in under 50 degrees. He seemed to do OK with the cold later in the year.

I don't buy into the cold weather thing. If it's cold, slippery, sloppy, it's the same for both contestants. Wind - yes...a QB and his wrs learn to know what's what in their home stadium.

It's not like the Bills have whacked the daylights out of the competition in December...when they've won, they were likely out of it anyway, and some teams showed up just going through the motions.

I'd never draft or acquire a QB with that in mind. What do people want? A QB that stinks when the weather is OK but does a little bit better in the cold? He goes 10 for 25 and the opponent goes 8 for 25? Pyrrhic victory..

Respectfully, a couple points here:

1.) I have some doubts about his pro ability too, but I believe he can be taught. If Gailey is that much of a genius with QB's, who knows.

2.) I dont think weather is that big of a factor, I never thought it was at all. FG's and long throws, yeah, but not for TT game.

3.) I wasnt for this at first, but i've become so apathetic about the Bills, I wouldnt be disappointed at all if they drafted him RD1.

Im not on the "weather matters" wagon, but If you're gonna dog some players from certain areas for not having cold weather experience, don't go and hitch the wagon to a guy that has never left the state of florida, at least be consistent

Im not on the "weather matters" wagon, but If you're gonna dog some players from certain areas for not having cold weather experience, don't go and hitch the wagon to a guy that has never left the state of florida, at least be consistent

Agreed, Kelly has waffled a bit on that from one to the other. Not sure what draws him to the Tebow Bandwagon...

My guess is the convention came from the thinking that a guy who can do well in the cold weather will help you win games when its cold, like the playoffs particularly if your home stadium is in the North.

I have heard the speculation that it’s all about hand size… i.e. Favre does not drop off in performance in the cold as he has monster bear paw man hands… My earlier point was only that it’s a question which should be answered. I am sure the Jets at least checked into Dirty Sanchez and his ability to play in the cold, wet or both.

Jim was a great quarterback, great leader, great winner and my all-time favorite player, but he isn't a GM for a reason. Ralphy doesn't need to worry about satisfying Jimbo, he needs to worry about the fans, the ones that put money in his already fat and getting fatter wallet. Although, now that I think about it, he might be as qualified as the people Ralph hired in the FO.

Jimbo had great receivers and a great O-line. When our receivers got old and our line and backs got old ,Jimbo struggled. Jim was a good QB but not a great one. And I did watch every game through that era.

Jimbo had great receivers and a great O-line. When our receivers got old and our line and backs got old ,Jimbo struggled. Jim was a good QB but not a great one. And I did watch every game through that era.
Kelly's problem is more of the NFL caught up to him and the Bills style of play, plus the departure of both Bill Polian and Ted Marchibroda. The offense stayed exactly the same and nobody with a brain was instructing Kelly properly.

Had the Bills somehow kept Polian there is no doubt in my mind they would have won a super bowl.

Maybe as our wide receivers, running backs , and lineman got older , so did Jim?