Wallace, Holmgren reunited after Browns acquire QB in trade

Mike Holmgren already is making deals with his former team.

The Seattle Seahawks confirmed Monday that they had traded backup quarterback Seneca Wallace to Holmgren's Cleveland Browns in exchange for a undisclosed 2011 draft pick.

Wallace had spent his entire seven-year NFL career in Seattle, and he always was a favorite of Holmgren's when the now-Browns president was the Seahawks' coach.

"This will give Seneca a chance for a fresh start," Seahawks general manager John Schneider said in a statement released by the team. "The Browns front office's familiarity with his abilities will give him an opportunity to compete for playing time. We wish him nothing but the best."

Wallace will enter a fluid quarterback situation in Cleveland. His acquisition is the most decisive evidence that one of the Browns' incumbent QBs -- Brady Quinn or Derek Anderson -- will be let go sometime soon.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d8...mp;confirm=true

well I guess the browns dont need to draft a QB now..So that leave the rams,bills and jags with teams that only need a QB?? if this was already posted im sorry..

5th rounder for Quinn sounds good to me. Unlike many on here I like him still. When I have seen him play teams other than the Bills he has looked like a good QB with no help. If we can build an OL he would be a welcomed addition.

I didn't think the Browns were going to draft a QB anyway. Somehow I doubt the acquisition of Seneca Wallace changes what their plan was.

Well, it cements the pending release of Anderson.

Which should prod the Bills to trade a 3rd rounder for him :thumbsup:

5th rounder for Quinn sounds good to me. Unlike many on here I like him still. When I have seen him play teams other than the Bills he has looked like a good QB with no help. If we can build an OL he would be a welcomed addition.

I would like to see Quinn and Trent Edwards in the same practice. They could try to outduel each other for who can throw the shorter check-downs.

I didn't think the Browns were going to draft a QB anyway. Somehow I doubt the acquisition of Seneca Wallace changes what their plan was.

Ah but this should change their interest in Troy Smith. Buddy you listenin? Call the Ravens and offer a 5th PLEASE!