These lunatics are going to draft Tebow

Are the Jesus jokes really needed? Why cant people just discuss the players attributes related to HOW HE PLAYS ON THE FIELD. I find your jokes not only immature but also uncalled for, and not to mention offensive.

Seriously, why is it everytime there is a discussion about Tebow, there has to be a discussion on Christianity as well?

What Tebow chooses to believe is his personal choice and so what if he talks about it? It should NOT be held against him as an athlete.

Some people need to grow up.

If you want to down play Tebow or talk negatively about him, then base it on his stats or anything related to how he plays football

First, the jokes are not in any way a derogatory toward God. They are meant to be jokes as you stated. Just because you want to pretend to take the high road by becoming a stuffed shirt and outlining how offended you are doesn't really amount to much. And nobody said anything about Christianity. I may not be a holy roller like you, but I do have some respect for the faith. Telling me that I don't tells me how poor you are at reading what people are about. You are right about one thing though....some people need to grow up. Growing up though doesn't mean we have to lose our sense of humor.

Oh yea, I almost forgot. I actually think Tebow would be a great pick in the draft. I was just having a little fun until now.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I apologize. It wasnt directed at you persoanlly (sorry if it came across that way) I just always see people saying how they dont want to draft Tebow cuz he forces his faith on everyone. It just bugs me cuz it has nothing to doo with the game of fottball.

Sorry again

They will be lucky to win 2 games as the did in 84-85.

I'll still watch if they draft Tebow. I won't if they trade for Vick. I think the Tebow workout is a smokescreen. Almost everything that happens the month before the draft is deception. Do you really think Gailey and Nix need to see this new throwing motion? I am sure they saw enough at the Senior Bowl. Would it be stupid to take Tebow with a 5-7th round pick - maybe not. Only downside is Tebow doesn't offer much ST play. The 5-7 round guys on most teams other than the Bills play special teams. In Buffalo they start at LT and OLB.... Hopefully that changes with Nix.

Some scouts project him as a TE. He probably could play ST.

Why would he not be happy to get Tebow at 9? Doesn't everyone want a proven winner? How can you argue with his record at Florida. I don't care if they say he's not the conventional QB. He's a leader!!

I wonder what their critisism of Tom Brady was.

I apologize. It wasnt directed at you persoanlly (sorry if it came across that way) I just always see people saying how they dont want to draft Tebow cuz he forces his faith on everyone. It just bugs me cuz it has nothing to doo with the game of fottball.

Sorry again

Hey, no big deal. Don't think he forces his faith on anyone. I've also heard comments about him charging for autographs and pocketing the money which is assumption made out of ignorance.

They will pick him at #9 and he will be fine. He will start from day 1.

The more I think about it, the more I believe it will happen for two main reasons ,

#1. Believe it or not , drafting Tebow will rock the national sports media , thus , creating excitement equaling ticket sales.

#2. Chan Gailey's history of playing novelty/gimmick QB's , and suceeding with them.

I can see them grabbing him in the 2nd to run the pis(s)tol offense under gailey. That will be very close to what he did at Florida. It will sell tix for a year or two.

Let's see, highly successful college QB with Heisman is available, though doesn't translate to the NFL game.

It's like 1985 all over again, and I can see RW ordering Buddy Gailey to make the pick, more likely in Round 2. Unfortunately, there isn't a Bill Polian around to tell Burns to shove it.

With a lackluster effort in free agency, it makes even more sense. The team can sell more individual tickets when season tickets aren't scooped up like they were in 08 and 09. Besides, this is the type of move that makes Smithers the marketeer smile. And you know who he works for.

I have no problem with Tebow at all - in fact, I LOVE the pick...in Round 4.

1- Bryan Bulaga, OT, Iowa

2- Dan Williams, DT, Tennessee

3- Ricky Sapp, OLB, Clemson

4- Tim Tebow, QB, Florida

5- Danario Alexander, WR, Missouri

6a-Adam Ulatoski, OT. Texas

6b-Brandon Carter, G, Texas Tech

7a-Jason Beauchamp, OLB, UNLV

7b-Josh Hull, ILB, Penn State

This is even crazier than your Leach ramblings.

#1 - As it has been said before, there is ZERO chance that Tebow makes it out of the second. I would be surprised if he is even available to us at #41.

#2 - Dan Williams is the best true NT in the draft, and he won't make it out of the teens. Denver picking up Jamaal Williams may push him down a couple picks, but no way he slides to us in the second.

Let's see, highly successful college QB with Heisman is available, though doesn't translate to the NFL game.

It's like 1985 all over again, and I can see RW ordering Buddy Gailey to make the pick, more likely in Round 2. Unfortunately, there isn't a Bill Polian around to tell Burns to shove it.

With a lackluster effort in free agency, it makes even more sense. The team can sell more individual tickets when season tickets aren't scooped up like they were in 08 and 09. Besides, this is the type of move that makes Smithers the marketeer smile. And you know who he works for.

I hope he can break the other curse if we take him. Ask yourself a question. How many Heisman QBs have won a Super Bowl or been there for that matter? I personaly don't believe in stuff like that as long as the QB is never convinced of this it doesn't matter. But it is interesting and may be a factor.