Kudos to Nix and Whaley

But YOU are willing to make a judgment on Nelson, Levitre, and Wood. Very weak. And yes, unless something changes with this punk... he was a complete bust. Oher was the pick, or Cushing And yes, we were saying not to draft this bum BEFORE the draft.

for the record, my beef is with the people who think this team has much talent. No beef with Nix, etc. Actually listening to Buddy makes me feel like we have a guy who is gonna give it his all.

So YOU want to call me out for evaluating the talent we brought in last year, that actually go to play and performed well, then go on to make a judgement on a guy who didn't get his fair chance? That's what is weak.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They are doing it right. You know for all the Nix bashing, Whaley is the guy that runs Free agency to a majoritive extent. He scouts potential FA's then makes recomendations to Nix on who to bring in....which has been pretty much no one so far and I agree.

Peppers? Overhyped. Takes many plays off and is in it for the money only. He was going to the highest bidder which was Chicago. Funny, Washington didn't go after him....hummm....

Dansby? A 'good' ILB that doesn't rush the passer. He is so good Arizona just flat out let him walk. Nuff said.

Vanden bosch (sp). Pure 4-3 DE and he was going to play with his old DC so no one else had a shot.

Kampman? Sucked in the 3-4 in Green Bay, a pure 4-3 DE. Went straight to Jacksonville who sucks as well.

So tell me again, who was it exactly we were supposed to go out and get? I may be wrong but hasn't Buffalo signed a FA on the first day of FA every year from 04-09? What is our record over that time again?

So not only Nix doesn't feel there are any FA's that are going to make a drastic difference, Whaley who has spent a decade with one of the best teams in the NFL when it comes to finding talent, doesn't think so either.

Bottom line no matter how much Bills fans and local media B word and whine and complain, they are doing it right. They are cutting the underproducing fat, and they are not going to go out and just sign someone to appease the fanbase and I love it. I love the fact Nix and company are saying screw the whining fans and worthless media, we have a plan and are sticking to it!

If there isn't anyone out there that can really help your team in FA then dont' sign anyone. I feel when things calm down and some of these guys finally understand their true market value, we will sign a couple guys. But in the end this team is going to be built through the DRAFT first and formost.

I don't disagree about the above mentioned players but Cornell Green was a waste of a plane ticket let alone 3 million...

They are doing it right. You know for all the Nix bashing, Whaley is the guy that runs Free agency to a majoritive extent. He scouts potential FA's then makes recomendations to Nix on who to bring in....which has been pretty much no one so far and I agree.

Peppers? Overhyped. Takes many plays off and is in it for the money only. He was going to the highest bidder which was Chicago. Funny, Washington didn't go after him....hummm....

Dansby? A 'good' ILB that doesn't rush the passer. He is so good Arizona just flat out let him walk. Nuff said.

Vanden bosch (sp). Pure 4-3 DE and he was going to play with his old DC so no one else had a shot.

Kampman? Sucked in the 3-4 in Green Bay, a pure 4-3 DE. Went straight to Jacksonville who sucks as well.

So tell me again, who was it exactly we were supposed to go out and get? I may be wrong but hasn't Buffalo signed a FA on the first day of FA every year from 04-09? What is our record over that time again?

So not only Nix doesn't feel there are any FA's that are going to make a drastic difference, Whaley who has spent a decade with one of the best teams in the NFL when it comes to finding talent, doesn't think so either.

Bottom line no matter how much Bills fans and local media B word and whine and complain, they are doing it right. They are cutting the underproducing fat, and they are not going to go out and just sign someone to appease the fanbase and I love it. I love the fact Nix and company are saying screw the whining fans and worthless media, we have a plan and are sticking to it!

If there isn't anyone out there that can really help your team in FA then dont' sign anyone. I feel when things calm down and some of these guys finally understand their true market value, we will sign a couple guys. But in the end this team is going to be built through the DRAFT first and formost.

amen my fellow bills brother. finally a true bills fan with a brain and who understands life in the NFL this year especially with the collective bargaining situation.

all these idiots see names and think they are the same players they were 5 years ago. the next thing the whiner losers will B word about is why we didnt sign Jamal williams mark my words.

if nix(who drafted him ) didnt want him whats that tell you.

great post and i couldnt agree with you more nice job!

its a rarity arounmd these message boards to find true bills fans with any sembalance of a freaking brain.

Peppers - Shanahan has NEVER been good at getting Free Agents...he struck out again missing out on Peppers.

Dansby - Arizona couldn't have paid him, THAT's why they let him go. He was IMO the best available this offseason.

Vanden Bosche - I agree with you there.

Kampman - I wouldn't say he sucks...he could have really helped us out. Better than Kelsay will be in the 3-4.

I highly doubt Whaley has as much say in all of this as you think. There are players out there that COULD help us, and we are sitting around doing nothing about it.

Cornell Green? Seriously? This is the best we can do?

but we overpaid him by a lot so he must be good based on his salary

one of his biggest attributes is that he will give Bell a run for his money for most penalties.

Agreed. My only concern is the lack of any exploration whatsoever. (Of course, who knows what actually may be going on behind the scenes.) Maybe they are waiting until the circus level atmosphere tones down, and decent but low key vets can be added for reasonable offers.

I really think that this new front office with Nix, Modrak (unburdened by Jauron and his goons), and Gailey (with his college connections and supporting staff) believes that they can work this year's draft. That's why I do not expect them to be trading away draft picks for RFAs. I hope they are right.

you have no idea who they are interested in and because they correctly dont put it out there for everyone including the ignorant fans they suck.

typical uneducated member of the supposed bills fans.

amen my fellow bills brother. finally a true bills fan with a brain and who understands life in the NFL this year especially with the collective bargaining situation.

all these idiots see names and think they are the same players they were 5 years ago. the next thing the whiner losers will B word about is why we didnt sign Jamal williams mark my words.

if nix(who drafted him ) didnt want him whats that tell you.

great post and i couldnt agree with you more nice job!

its a rarity arounmd these message boards to find true bills fans with any sembalance of a freaking brain.

Most of these guys are of the 'Madden' Mentality. I for one would love for the system to go back to you get to do nothing but draft and develop players instead of them running off for the next big paycheck somewhere else.

You are right on Williams, they don't understand that Nix didn't want him for some reason, Whaley apperantly didn't think much of him, and a playoff team that had him didn't want him back. But hey according to the 'fans' we were supposed to go out and pay the guy just because we dont' have an NT yet.

So YOU want to call me out for evaluating the talent we brought in last year, that actually go to play and performed well, then go on to make a judgement on a guy who didn't get his fair chance? That's what is weak.

Who performed well ? Other than Byrd... just because they started on a team mostly by default... someone had to play that means they performed well. Maybin didn't get a fair chance because he should never have been drafted that a high and he's a punk. I will save your post for future reference. Take Care

Most of these guys are of the 'Madden' Mentality. I for one would love for the system to go back to you get to do nothing but draft and develop players instead of them running off for the next big paycheck somewhere else.

You are right on Williams, they don't understand that Nix didn't want him for some reason, Whaley apperantly didn't think much of him, and a playoff team that had him didn't want him back. But hey according to the 'fans' we were supposed to go out and pay the guy just because we dont' have an NT yet.

And why are we supposed to believe that the Broncos know what they're doing?

Who performed well ? Other than Byrd... just because they started on a team mostly by default... someone had to play that means they performed well. Maybin didn't get a fair chance because he should never have been drafted that a high and he's a punk. I will save your post for future reference. Take Care

Since when does just playing mean you played well? Rookies are forced into service by 'default' plenty of times. They don't always do well. That's like saying you could be pro bowl safety just because you had to play that position. Doesn't make much sense, does it? Wood, Levitre, Byrd and Nelson did play because they had to, but they did well because they are good players, not because getting the chance to play consitutes good execution.

Also, I don't disagree that Maybin was picked too early, but he still didn't get utilized nearly as much as those other rookies like Byrd, Wood and Levitre.

the only moves I see the Bills make are letting go Ingoneto, Denney, Wendley, Josh Reed, TO. That is what is pissing me off about our inactivity. We have so many holes, and now we are creating more. Go ahead and rant that those 5 suck. But they need to be replaced. Who is going to replace them? Plus the need at DE, NT, QB. OLB, LT, RT....and the upgrades at other positions. We are going to have a joke of a 53 man roster. You can only do so much through a draft. And you can only do so much in 3 drafts. How are we improved? This is a team that lost to Cleveland minus the 5 I mentioned and perhaps minus Schobel. I would not be praising the front office. Show me

I understand your stress but it is only mid-march relax let the off season take shape. if nothing happens I will be right there with you but till t least July I am going wait this one out.

We have no way of knowing if there was interest in Jamal Williams. I have a feeling it was more that Williams had no interest in Buffalo. He got a call from Denver, a very good team, in the same division as the Chargers and I have a feeling he has some revenge in mind 2x a year. My two cents..