Why are we keeping 4-3 players on our payroll?

I don't understand why the Bills haven't dumped or traded more players with high salaries that will be useless next year when the Bills switch to a 4-3. Aaron Schobel(IMO) is comparable to Kampman, and the switch from a 4-3 to a 3-4 did not go well for him. Kelsay I believe is just overpaid, and Ellison should be arrested for stealing money from the Bills for the last 2 seasons.

This makes me wonder who is making the calls at OBD? Your thoughts?

The Bills are in total rebuilding mode- my guess is that they might give Ellison a serious look at OLB - and for Schobel and Kelsey that some 4-3 team offers anything- if not they get cut just before the season starts (Schobel might just retire) by the way if they cut Schobel I'd be interested if he gave an interview, could be a humdinger.

just a hunch but, it might be bad to get rid of all your players with no replacements in line for them...I'd like to assume that while 3-4 players come in, the 4-3 players will be let go, traded or whatever...jmo

The Bills are in total rebuilding mode- my guess is that they might give Ellison a serious look at OLB - and for Schobel and Kelsey that some 4-3 team offers anything- if not they get cut just before the season starts (Schobel might just retire) by the way if they cut Schobel I'd be interested if he gave an interview, could be a humdinger.

Ellison at OLB in 3-4? I would want the coaching staff drug tested if they did that!

I don't understand why the Bills haven't dumped or traded more players with high salaries that will be useless next year when the Bills switch to a 4-3. Aaron Schobel(IMO) is comparable to Kampman, and the switch from a 4-3 to a 3-4 did not go well for him. Kelsay I believe is just overpaid, and Ellison should be arrested for stealing money from the Bills for the last 2 seasons.

while Schobel might be comparable to Kampman, he still isn't Kampman...you can't tell exactly how it'll play out with Schobel till you see him try OLB in a 3-4...not saying he's going to be good or not, just saying you can't label all Kampman look-a-likes as kampman...I'd like to see how Schobel plays, still waiting to see if he retires I think tho...

My guess is they will hang on to all of them and try to work them into the 3-4. My logic is based on the 3-4 being a complete bust and them having to switch back to the 4-3.

Hope that I am completely wrong.

I could see this happening also..at least for next year, then after a second draft with Chan they might get the guys they need to go full 3-4

just a hunch but, it might be bad to get rid of all your players with no replacements in line for them...I'd like to assume that while 3-4 players come in, the 4-3 players will be let go, traded or whatever...jmo

Thank you.

its early yet

The flaw in your logic is that you assume the will be Bills adding 3-4 players. Its FA, they arent doing that.

Why the constant knocks on Ellison? He's never going to be in a pro-bowl, but for a guy with limited physical abilities he's outplayed anyone else we've had at his position, and he's not exactly breaking the bank. Sure I'd like an upgrade, but if nothing else he adds depth to a team that can't seem to ever stay healthy.

Why the constant knocks on Ellison? He's never going to be in a pro-bowl, but for a guy with limited physical abilities he's outplayed anyone else we've had at his position, and he's not exactly breaking the bank. Sure I'd like an upgrade, but if nothing else he adds depth to a team that can't seem to ever stay healthy.

Ellison is weak and gets beat at the 'point of attack' on every play! He should be taken out back and shot for how bad he played.

you cant cut what you cant replace. seriously, schobel was good last year, and was thought of as a good 3-4 OLB. its best to see if you guys fail during practice/training camp than to assume they will fail and cut them with no one to step in but last years 4-3 rookies. plus, if we cut those guys, all we apparently have are corners and safeties to step in at linebacker.

you cant cut what you cant replace. seriously, schobel was good last year, and was thought of as a good 3-4 OLB. its best to see if you guys fail during practice/training camp than to assume they will fail and cut them with no one to step in but last years 4-3 rookies. plus, if we cut those guys, all we apparently have are corners and safeties to step in at linebacker.

But we are rebuilding! Why keep a guy that won't be back next year!

But we are rebuilding! Why keep a guy that won't be back next year!

We don't get 53 draft picks per year.

Re-read this post:

I'll venture that Billsfan=pain might be one of those people that wanted Peters gone when we had no replacement for him.

+1

It's been said by various parts of OBD:

We are going to build through the draft

We are going to play to our players strengths

We are not going to sign top tier fa's, we will re-sign our own quality players

Seems like we're pretty much on target.

Around Pittsburgh, the first day of free agency was pretty much a non event. I'm hoping for the same thing some day, for Buffalo.