Why are we keeping 4-3 players on our payroll?

The complete transition will take 2 or 3 years. Whether they are a perfect fit or not, we have to keep some of the 4-3 guys. Release anyone who isn't perfect and the Bills will definitely go 1-15.

Keep everyone and they go 2-14. At this point there are more starting holes than draft picks. And unless you want opening day to feature 4th and 5th round guys starting the FO better start adding some bodies. Even if Bell is going to play LT they need at least two more tackles to compete with Meredith for a starting spot. They need a back-up center and a guard to keep Wood's spot warm until he comes off the PUP. that is just the OL. They need another WR, a NT, and 1-3 LB's.

I don't understand why the Bills haven't dumped or traded more players with high salaries that will be useless next year when the Bills switch to a 4-3. Aaron Schobel(IMO) is comparable to Kampman, and the switch from a 4-3 to a 3-4 did not go well for him. Kelsay I believe is just overpaid, and Ellison should be arrested for stealing money from the Bills for the last 2 seasons.

This makes me wonder who is making the calls at OBD? Your thoughts?

While the number of tackles are comparable the other stats are not quite as comparable. Schobel is smaller and faster he is quick that is how he does well at DE even though he is undersized. The stats would also suggest he is better in coverage and more aware of the location of the ball.

AS-9yrs-483tks-78sks-26passesdef.-3ints-19ff

AK-8yrs-458tks-54sks-8passesdef.-0ints-12ff

Doesn't mean he will succeed but he has a better chance and I believe he will transition. Although they are not asked to cover recievers down field they need to be able to drop back in zone coverage.

I don't understand why the Bills haven't dumped or traded more players with high salaries that will be useless next year when the Bills switch to a 4-3. Aaron Schobel(IMO) is comparable to Kampman, and the switch from a 4-3 to a 3-4 did not go well for him. Kelsay I believe is just overpaid, and Ellison should be arrested for stealing money from the Bills for the last 2 seasons.

This makes me wonder who is making the calls at OBD? Your thoughts?

We are not starting a new franchise..... We are fixing the one we have, and we do have athletes that can play football. That being said it will take time to rebuild and I am sure the roster will look a lot different next year at this time.

We are all thinking the same thing. I would add Parrish to your list as well.

Do you guys read any of the news. They have already said who will be doing what.

all of our DEs are being moved to OLB and there has been speculation that they will actually fit that roll better. Schobel included what you guys don't seem to realise is that 3-4 OLBs generaly are 4-3 DEs look at the player projections for prospects. Not all 4-3 DEs are suited for this but most are. If you are thinking this you really need to research it not many colleges run 3-4 Ds. DTs translate into DEs and DEs translate to OLBs. Bruce was a 300 pound DT/3-4DE.

As long as we are discussing Schobel who stats are these over the last 8 seasons?

381tks 81sks 41pd 6ints 30ff

AS 441tks 72.5sks 24pd 3ints 19ff

Schobels are somewhat comparable to guy aboves. Schobel also doesn't play on as good of a team.

I'll give you a hint he just signed a monster contract. I bet if we released him he would get even more than the 9 mil we are giving him.

As long as we are discussing Schobel who stats are these over the last 8 seasons?

381tks 81sks 41pd 6ints 30ff

AS 441tks 72.5sks 24pd 3ints 19ff

Schobels are somewhat comparable to guy aboves. Schobel also doesn't play on as good of a team.

I'll give you a hint he just signed a monster contract. I bet if we released him he would get even more than the 9 mil we are giving him.

Schobel is going to retire why not get something for him? We could get a 2nd round draft pick for him right now! I am just trying to be realistic. If we are mailing in 2010 season we should go all in, and have a fire sale on some of our older players!