Now That TO is gone.....

Garcia is approaching 40 and hasn't done much in the recent past. However he has a lot of experience coming into new teams and playing well, knows the game and probably would help a new qb get acclimated. He isn't my first choic (Vick or McNabb) but he might be a very acceptable answer to the immediate problem. Leaves lots of money to work on other free agent possibilities at linebacker, d-line and/or o-line. I think signing him might not be a bad idea at all.

We don't need guys with a long track record of winning to play now while we groom the QB of the future. We need to draft a tackling dummy with the first pick so we can throw him to the wolves and then complain when he doesn't magically play like a pro bowler from his back. Besides, when was the last time a 40 yr old QB did anything memorable?

Jeff Garcia has had a fine career and I wish him the best. That includes not making him scramble behind an offensive line that features no tackles and a guard with only one good leg. Let Trent/Fitz take that punishment as we rebuild the rest of the team this year, and find someone who can give us a few good years after that.

Come on now... seriously?

^THIS

HELLZ 2 THE NO!!!

^^....AND THIS

I understand beggers can't be choosers but let's set our sites higher than Garcia. I'd take him five or six years ago but no thx today.

^^....AND THIS

Thanks you guys made that easy.