Thigpen trade on the horizon?

in my perfect world brohm would blow up training camp and TE would be a good #2...we all know that wont happen...we just have too many holes to fill this year unless bradford or clausen is there at 9. i think were better off taking a lefavour or a pike and let em learn for a year

We already have Tyler Thigpen on the roster, his name is Ryan Fitzpatrick.

:thumbsup:

Seriously, these two QBs are basically one and the same, decent backups but definitely not starting material. I say either pass, or if you do go out and get Thigpen then release Fitzpatrick. We don't need two guys here who have plateaued as bench warming QBs.

i think were better off taking a lefavour or a pike and let em learn for a year

Please no. Why can't we just improve the QB position? There are or will be QBs available who could do just that. I'm not ready to sacrifice another season (going on 6 in a row) at the alter of the "franchise" QB who just needs 3 or 4 years to develop. Or else maybe he'll suck and we'll be in the same boat a few years from now. when do we actually try to win? 2015?

I'm just not sure Tyler Pigpen is the man. If we want him, just wait for the Fish to cut him. Or if they cut one of those other guys instead, pick him up.