Changing the lyrics of O Canada?

tomdayfan

The issue is coming up now because the Canadian anthem was sung so many times at the Olympics….a woman whose email to her representative led to this brouhaha said while she was proud to see Canadians win gold medals, for 50 years she’s felt “excluded” by the anthem.

First they want the right the vote, then equal rights in the workplace, then to run for office, NOW THIS...When will it end!!!!!

I keed of course

But seriosuly......

Really? This is why i hate people, to damn sensitive about everything. People need to get slapped around a little, get there faces shoved in the mud er something...toughen em up.

The issue is coming up now because the Canadian anthem was sung so many times at the Olympics….a woman whose email to her representative led to this brouhaha said while she was proud to see Canadians win gold medals, for 50 years she’s felt “excluded” by the anthem.

First they want the right the vote, then equal rights in the workplace, then to run for office, NOW THIS...When will it end!!!!!

I keed of course

But seriosuly......

Really? This is why i hate people, to damn sensitive about everything. People need to get slapped around a little, get there faces shoved in the mud er something...toughen em up.

Seriously. Everything in this world has become about individuality and making sure everyone feels "comfortable" with everything. I'm sick of it. I'm not saying individuality is bad, but not everything in this world is completely fair, it's just the way it is. People just love to complain.

Hmm, I guess I'm being a hypocrit because I'm complaining...oh well.

I always have to laugh at the line 'stand on guard for thee' - who is going to invade Canada.

If they start hoarding maple syrup, all hell is going to break loose.

Just looked at the lyrics. HUH? There is no male reference that I can tell.

True patriot love in all thy sons command. Not that I agree with the protest; I'm not one to get hung up on "mankind" and such.

Now, having read the story, I have a question for our Canuckistani brethren: is the bilingual version actually the official one? I learned it that way because of Roger Doucet singing it at Habs games, but I've also heard the English-only lyrics used.

I always have to laugh at the line 'stand on guard for thee' - who is going to invade Canada.

growing up i always thought it was "we stand on God for thee".

i was under the impression that Canadians were real badasses that would take on god him(her)self to defend their country.

i was just a little off... :D

True patriot love in all thy sons command. Not that I agree with the protest; I'm not one to get hung up on "mankind" and such.

Now, having read the story, I have a question for our Canuckistani brethren: is the bilingual version actually the official one? I learned it that way because of Roger Doucet singing it at Habs games, but I've also heard the English-only lyrics used.

Oh brother.

The original is the English one. The bilingual was an ad-lib. I'll bet the Westerners weren't too happy about that originally.