The 10 Best Twist Endings in Movies

erynthered

Se7en was a great movie, but I kinda guessed the ending before it happened and luckily I got it right so I ruined it for myself.

Fight Club was also very good, I didn't know there was a twist at the end when I watched it which was good for me.

^David Fincher has a knack for these twists I guess.

Memento was a great movie and I thought the ending was great as well.

I don't understand the hatred for the 6th Sense twist...I mean I was 11 when I saw the movie, but I still loved the twist at the end.

Somebody mentioned The Village, which I can agree with. The movie overall wasn't very good, but the ending was quite well done and I left the screening suprised.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And where was Jacob's Ladder in that article?

Terrifyingly disturbing movie.

Adrian Lyne's (Line) masterpiece. A terrific film. So suspenseful and bizarre....with a wee bit of horror and there you have it, one fine film.

Who didn't love Danny Aiello as Jacob's "Cherub"

I do have to admit, I really did like Basic Instinct.

I'll nominate two old ones Citizen Kane and War of the Worlds. I'm not sure if they fit the twist category but they have great endings.

I liked the ending in Road to Perdition. It's actually a common ending but it just sticks out in my mind for some reason.

Exactly. Knowing this, and that the kid can see dead people from the trailers, it wasn't hard for me to figure out either. As soon as Bruce Willis gets shot my friend made a comment jokingly to me in the theater that the movie was over because the main character was dead. I laughed and then thought to myself maybe that is it. For the rest of the film I tried finding proof he wasn't dead and then it became more and more obvious he was.

And I'll second the vote for The Prestige. That movie is amazing.

When I saw the "Sixth Sense" I had no idea what it was about, hadn't even heard of it...a buddy of mine wanted me to watch it on his new home theater system...I figured out, real early on, the "secret"...I still thought it was a pretty great movie, despite Bruce Willis being in it. <_< I didn't figure it out, because I am so smart, just that I was a huge Star Trek nerd...the concept had been hashed and re-hashed dozens of times before....

In high school French class, we saw "Les Diabolique". It was pretty awesome for movies with a twist. It was remade in '96 with Sharon Stone.

I'm probably partially brain-dead, as I didn't figure out "Sixth Sense" until about 20 seconds before the reveal. The thing I remember from that movie was that I was on a double date and the previews included "Fight Club". When that trailer ended, the other guy and I said, "That looks freakin' awesome!" while both girls said "Who is going to see THAT?".

Nobody says that

Word.

I love older movies. They are the best ones. Real character development, thought-provoking plots, cigarettes and liquor in every scene, and no need for crazy CGI or huge budgets to create a masterpiece.