Forget Shark Tales, Boycott Alexander!

blzrul

Although there is no overt homosexuality in the film between Alex and his longtime boyfriend...well, we wouldn't want our kids to think that a great warrior could be GAY. Goodness. They'll start to wonder about Hannibal...Charlemagne....all those Khans...and of course all those self-styled great warriors on the TBD board.

:(:w00t:

Although there is no overt homosexuality in the film between Alex and his longtime boyfriend...well, we wouldn't want our kids to think that a great warrior could be GAY.  Goodness.  They'll start to wonder about Hannibal...Charlemagne....all those Khans...and of course all those self-styled great warriors on the TBD board.

:P  :lol:

133333[/snapback]

I tend to avoid films where the guys all wear dresses anyway.

Although there is no overt homosexuality in the film between Alex and his longtime boyfriend...well, we wouldn't want our kids to think that a great warrior could be GAY.  Goodness.  They'll start to wonder about Hannibal...Charlemagne....all those Khans...and of course all those self-styled great warriors on the TBD board.

:D  <_<

133333[/snapback]

I saw the movie, and it was actually pretty overt. That being said, I agree with your premise not to see the movie... not because of the homosexuality though, but because of the fact that it sucked. Colin Farrell is a talented guy, but he played an unconvincing Alexander. He was an unconvincing leader and his "I am William Wallace" speech was terrible.

I don't care about the gay part, but I am slightly irritated that Angelina Jolie pays his mother. I believe she's 28 and Farrell is 27. I know they were married young back then, but I don't think Alex's mother had him when she was a year old! With all the talented over 40 actresses out there, they couldn't find someone to play this part?

My brother told me that there are some Persian cats in the film, so I might see it for that (on video)!

I don't care about the gay part, but I am slightly irritated that Angelina Jolie pays his mother.  I believe she's 28 and Farrell is 27.  I know they were married young back then, but I don't think Alex's mother had him when she was a year old!  With all the talented over 40 actresses out there, they couldn't find someone to play this part?

My brother told me that there are some Persian cats in the film, so I might see it for that (on video)!

137446[/snapback]

Sort of like Bonanza. A 50 year old father with three 40 year old sons. One named Hoss, for crying out loud. Talk about your parents hating you from birth.

I don't care about the gay part, but I am slightly irritated that Angelina Jolie pays his mother.  I believe she's 28 and Farrell is 27.  I know they were married young back then, but I don't think Alex's mother had him when she was a year old!  With all the talented over 40 actresses out there, they couldn't find someone to play this part?

137446[/snapback]

It makes the Oedipal reference much more interesting.

137446[/snapback]

Almost as bad as Tom Hanks getting the lead role in DaVinci Code

Sort of like Bonanza. A 50 year old father with three 40 year old sons. One named Hoss, for crying out loud. Talk about your parents hating you from birth.

137466[/snapback]

People just looked older back then!... :lol:

Same goes for people in black and white photos... Or old baseball games (I think it was the hat thing?)...

:blink::huh:

137446[/snapback]

Most of her screen time is with Alexander as a child and young teen, so it wasn't too bad. There are only two very short scenes with her when he's older, and they aged her enough to make it passable.

Doesn't change the fact that it sucked.

Almost as bad as Tom Hanks getting the lead role in DaVinci Code

138215[/snapback]

Agree with this. No matter how hard I try, I just don't see him as the Robert Langdon bookish-AHA! type. But he's surprised a lot of people by doing other roles no one thought he'd pull off. Love that they're considering Jean Reno for Bezu Fache. That is spot on. Maybe the real story of Jesus will get some air rather than the large game of Telephone the Church has orchestrated that's perverted and profited from the guy's life and death for 2,000 years.