Another beer thread.

outsidethebox

I posted this in the last beer thread that popped up here but, for you hop heads, Saranac High Peaks Series Imperial IPA is a phenomenal brew. Lots of hops...lots of alcohol (8.5%). Make sure you get the High Peaks version...not the regular IPA.

Anybody try Troegs Nugget Nectar out of Harrisburg PA? My local store is carrying this at a ridiculous price and I'd like some assurance that it's worth it before I spend my dough.

It's da bomb !!!Really really like it. Again, my goto beer is the 60 minute..so that should give you an idea where my taste lies. BTW, if you have a Total Wine around the Nectar is not too too pricey..think last 24 I bought was maybe $34 ot there about???

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's da bomb !!!Really really like it. Again, my goto beer is the 60 minute..so that should give you an idea where my taste lies. BTW, if you have a Total Wine around the Nectar is not too too pricey..think last 24 I bought was maybe $34 ot there about???

Thx. I think Wegmans is asking $13-14 per 6 so may try Beers of the World first.

Thx. I think Wegmans is asking $13-14 per 6 so may try Beers of the World first.

Wow, that is a lot. I will say I think it is tough to get sometimes, but that seems like a big jack from what I pay for here in Richmond. OTOH, this is a seasonal beer, so you may want to grab at least a sixer. Having said that I am no beer expert, so don't be hatin on me if you don't like!!!

BTW, aren't we all funny thinking"man $13 for six beers, no way", but gladly spend that for two so-so drafts and tip at the local watering hole!!!

BTW, call the guys at Rohrbachs(sp), they may be able to help you locate some as well

Had a bottle of Sam Adam's Noble Pils last night out the Brewmaster collection case. OOHHH WEEE!! I've got to find me some six packs of that.

Eh, I've tried it once on tap and have to say I wasn't a big fan. Many people have been talking about it so I might try it again because I'm a big fan of pretty much every other seasonal beer Sam Adams puts out. I've become a huge fan of Great Lakes Conway's Irish Ale lately and it seems to be all that I want to drink on tap. Actually most of the Great Lakes beers are pretty tastey. Also, Dogfish Head 60 min is pretty solid, but the 90 min is awesome.

Wow, that is a lot. I will say I think it is tough to get sometimes, but that seems like a big jack from what I pay for here in Richmond. OTOH, this is a seasonal beer, so you may want to grab at least a sixer. Having said that I am no beer expert, so don't be hatin on me if you don't like!!!

BTW, aren't we all funny thinking"man $13 for six beers, no way", but gladly spend that for two so-so drafts and tip at the local watering hole!!!

BTW, call the guys at Rohrbachs(sp), they may be able to help you locate some as well

Bought some Nugget Nectar yesterday...$12.49+deposit. Totally worth it...very tasty.

Glad you convinced me.

Eh, I've tried it once on tap and have to say I wasn't a big fan. Many people have been talking about it so I might try it again because I'm a big fan of pretty much every other seasonal beer Sam Adams puts out. I've become a huge fan of Great Lakes Conway's Irish Ale lately and it seems to be all that I want to drink on tap. Actually most of the Great Lakes beers are pretty tastey. Also, Dogfish Head 60 min is pretty solid, but the 90 min is awesome.

I picked up a 6 pack of Sam Adams Noble Pils for the gold medal game last weekend. I thought it was just o.k. Just a little too citrusy for my taste. It wasn't a bad beer, but I wouldn't buy it again. Sam Adams does make a great Oktoberfest though.

Bought some Nugget Nectar yesterday...$12.49+deposit. Totally worth it...very tasty.

Glad you convinced me.

Good you enjoyed it.Sure wish I had some right now!!!

Unfortunetly, I am in SoCal and the the folks I am staying with went and bought all green bottle beer . I am almost 100% sure there is not one really good beer in the world that comes in a green bottle, but I sucked it up and was a good guest last night .

Somehow got to find a way to buy a some decent beers without pissing them off LOL

i had a nugget nektar the other night at a small place in wayne pa, it was from a firkin, and it was good....was expecting more hoppiness, but still very good. followed that up with a Pliny the Elder, which was also very good

I posted this in the last beer thread that popped up here but, for you hop heads, Saranac High Peaks Series Imperial IPA is a phenomenal brew. Lots of hops...lots of alcohol (8.5%). Make sure you get the High Peaks version...not the regular IPA.

Anybody try Troegs Nugget Nectar out of Harrisburg PA? My local store is carrying this at a ridiculous price and I'd like some assurance that it's worth it before I spend my dough.

Unfortunetly, I am in SoCal and the the folks I am staying with went and bought all green bottle beer . I am almost 100% sure there is not one really good beer in the world that comes in a green bottle, but I sucked it up and was a good guest last night .

Somehow got to find a way to buy a some decent beers without pissing them off LOL

True for the most part.

Groslsh is s pretty good lager and Heineken is drinkable.

When it was brewed in Latrobe, Rolling Rock in 7oz green bottles was one of the few beers I could drink in mass quantities (OV in clear 6 1/2 oz bottles was the other).

I can drink Presidente in a pinch (some spicy food helps)...ouch did I just write that? :wallbash:

While I may be mistaken, I think Dos Equis may come, or have come, in a green bottle. But I only like the Amber and I don't know for sure about that one.

And I suppose I should be embarrassed by this, but I kind of miss the occasional skuny bottle of Molson Golden in a green bottle. :wallbash:

True for the most part.

Groslsh is s pretty good lager and Heineken is drinkable.

When it was brewed in Latrobe, Rolling Rock in 7oz green bottles was one of the few beers I could drink in mass quantities (OV in clear 6 1/2 oz bottles was the other).

I can drink Presidente in a pinch (some spicy food helps)...ouch did I just write that? :wallbash:

While I may be mistaken, I think Dos Equis may come, or have come, in a green bottle. But I only like the Amber and I don't know for sure about that one.

And I suppose I should be embarrassed by this, but I kind of miss the occasional skuny bottle of Molson Golden in a green bottle. :wallbash:

Yep, I think all of those are pretty skunky beers, except the Equis..I can drink the Amber, but I am pretty sure that is in a brown bottle now as well.

As for the Golden, one of the two beers in the world I would not drink if they were the last two beers in the world, along with Natty Lite!!!!

Also, I hate going to the West Coast. I am an early rise anyway, but first morning always a 4 AM wake up no matter what time I go to bed.

Yep, I think all of those are pretty skunky beers, except the Equis..I can drink the Amber, but I am pretty sure that is in a brown bottle now as well.

As for the Golden, one of the two beers in the world I would not drink if they were the last two beers in the world, along with Natty Lite!!!!

Also, I hate going to the West Coast. I am an early rise anyway, but first morning always a 4 AM wake up no matter what time I go to bed.

Try a Guinness for breakfast. Makes the morning more interesting. Guinness is an excellent breakfast beer, IMO. Very bready.

EBC has some dern good beers. The blueberry wheat beer is exceptional!!!!

When you do get it on the skirt, use the tide pen. ALWAYS have the tide pen!!!!

I went to the Southern Tier Brewery yesterday. I get their IPA (see signature), my brother got a blueberry from EBC. It was pretty good. Couldn't see myself having more then one though. My wife liked the blueberry but stuck with the Chautauqua Brew.

I recommend coming down to Jamestown/Lakewood and taking a tour on Sat afternoons (starts at 4)

I love the Phinn and Matts, but their IPA is just phenomenal!!!

Never tried Old Rasputin. I've recently acquired a taste for the IPA's. My wife likes them and I used to think they were too bitter, but I'm coming around. I did have the Sierra Nevada IPA a couple of weeks ago and enjoyed them. A fresh keg of Maudite would be heaven! I had one for the first time a little over a year ago at Massanutten. They had a restaurant/bar with an awesome beer selection. :wallbash:

I love IPA....I suggest the Southern Tier Brewery......mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

I went to the Southern Tier Brewery yesterday. I get their IPA (see signature), my brother got a blueberry from EBC. It was pretty good. Couldn't see myself having more then one though. My wife liked the blueberry but stuck with the Chautauqua Brew.

I recommend coming down to Jamestown/Lakewood and taking a tour on Sat afternoons (starts at 4)

I love the Phinn and Matts, but their IPA is just phenomenal!!!

Southern Tier is my favorite NY brewer.

Off the top of my head the only decent green bottle beer that I can think of is Pilsner Urquell.

Off the top of my head the only decent green bottle beer that I can think of is Pilsner Urquell.

It may just be that not too many beers come in green bottles. I can only think of a few good ones that do, Stella Artois for one, and Spaten Munich (regular, oktoberfest, and optimator).

No green or clear bottled beer will be good unless it's protected from light from brewery to your glass.

I think that's why Stella has a paper wrap around the neck of the bottle now? the rest of the bottle is covered by the case. Stella is a great beer IMO.

Thanks. I forgot to mention there are a couple/few of decent Czech beers that come in green bottles. Pilsner Urquell is the most common of those beers.

Thanks. I forgot to mention there are a couple/few of decent Czech beers that come in green bottles. Pilsner Urquell is the most common of those beers.

- Just thought of another one, St. Pauli Girl comes in a green bottle. Right now I'm working on my seventh 1888 Bock by Leinenkugel and I am thoroughly enjoying every single sip! :lol: Hey, you know what