Another beer thread.

outsidethebox

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The lime in Corona is used to mask the skunked taste and smell caused by clear bottles.

Just a personal preference of mine, but I believe fruit and beer should never be combined in any way. <_<

Keep the fruit the hell out of my beer! If I want fruit, I'll eat grapes while I drink.

A couple of recent favorites for me:

Old Rasputin Russian Imperial Stout

Sierra Nevada Torpedo Extra IPA

Also, was pleasantly surprised the other day. A new place in St Augustine has Maudite on tap!

I have recently come across my new favorite beer. Leinenkugels Sunset wheat. absolutely delicious!

Not bad. I like their Fireside Nut Brown Ale. In fact, I think I might hear one calling to me right now ...

I have recently come across my new favorite beer. Leinenkugels Sunset wheat. absolutely delicious!

Leinenkugel makes very good beer. I've had their Fireside Nut Brown, Classic Amber, and Oktoberfest. I was very pleased with all of them.

Leinenkugel makes very good beer. I've had their Fireside Nut Brown, Classic Amber, and Oktoberfest. I was very pleased with all of them.

When I stayed in Milwaukee, Leinenkugel was the beer I kept in the fridge. Out at a bar I used to drink beers by this very fine American brewer:

http://www.3floyds.com/our-beers-2/

Keep the fruit the hell out of my beer! If I want fruit, I'll eat grapes while I drink.

A couple of recent favorites for me:

Old Rasputin Russian Imperial Stout

Sierra Nevada Torpedo Extra IPA

Also, was pleasantly surprised the other day. A new place in St Augustine has Maudite on tap!

Never tried Old Rasputin. I've recently acquired a taste for the IPA's. My wife likes them and I used to think they were too bitter, but I'm coming around. I did have the Sierra Nevada IPA a couple of weeks ago and enjoyed them. A fresh keg of Maudite would be heaven! I had one for the first time a little over a year ago at Massanutten. They had a restaurant/bar with an awesome beer selection. <_<

i noticed that the Publix nearby replaced their stock of Molson products with Fat Tire.

thats all i got

Fat Tire? For real? Where do you live? I have trouble finding that on the east coast.

Man! 3Floyds, Fat Tire, and Leiny. This thread made it to the midwest in a HURRY!

While we're here, might as well mention Goose Island and Bells.

And why not venture furthr west and give a shout out to Left Hand and Rogue!

BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEER!

Man! 3Floyds, Fat Tire, and Leiny. This thread made it to the midwest in a HURRY!

BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEER!

I like many of Rogue's beers, but don't know Left Hand. I'll have to check it out. Rogue's Shakespeare Stout is very good. I have been wanting to try Double Dead Guy Ale, too.

We already mentioned Maudite so it should be noted that Unibroue has a fantastic lineup of interesting, and strong, beer and ale.

BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEER!

Wow, I'm finding common ground with The Big Cat. Nothing unites like The White Stripes and beer! Maybe you're not so bad after all. I'm a big fan of Bell's with my favorite being their amber ale. I've also enjoyed their third coast beer, pale ale, and best brown ale. Bells' products are a "can't miss".

Ahhh, so many beers, so little time... :w00t:

Wow, I'm finding common ground with The Big Cat. Nothing unites like The White Stripes and beer! Maybe you're not so bad after all. I'm a big fan of Bell's with my favorite being their amber ale. I've also enjoyed their third coast beer, pale ale, and best brown ale. Bells' products are a "can't miss".

Ahhh, so many beers, so little time... :lol:

Like the Bells, especially the Two Hearted Ale and the Hopslam. Can get them at the Total Wine here in Richmond.

Deano, I was not a fan of the Torpedo, maybe just a bit boozy for me. Seems like a berr gets over 7%, and I am just not a big fan

This is one of those beers I hardly ever buy, (almost think of it as a gimmicky golf hole), then every so often I buy a six, open the first one and say"yep, knew there was a reason I don't buy this more often" , and then 3 hrs later am pissed I didn't buy 12 and looking for next one :beer::w00t:

Deano, I was not a fan of the Torpedo, maybe just a bit boozy for me. Seems like a berr gets over 7%, and I am just not a big fan

:w00t:

I get that. But as I only have one or two beers in a session, 7% tends to be a minimum alcohol level for me. I like my one (or two) beer to have a lot going on.

I posted this in the last beer thread that popped up here but, for you hop heads, Saranac High Peaks Series Imperial IPA is a phenomenal brew. Lots of hops...lots of alcohol (8.5%). Make sure you get the High Peaks version...not the regular IPA.

Anybody try Troegs Nugget Nectar out of Harrisburg PA? My local store is carrying this at a ridiculous price and I'd like some assurance that it's worth it before I spend my dough.

I like many of Rogue's beers, but don't know Left Hand. I'll have to check it out. Rogue's Shakespeare Stout is very good. I have been wanting to try Double Dead Guy Ale, too.

We already mentioned Maudite so it should be noted that Unibroue has a fantastic lineup of interesting, and strong, beer and ale.

Dead Guy's on tap at the club I perform at. I'm not a huge Stout fan, i usually go for the American Amber or the Double IPA.

Left Hand is in the hometown of one my fraternity brothers: Longmont, CO. He lived around the corner from the brewery, we got lots of free t-shirts.

Ahhh, so many beers, so little time... :w00t:

That's right, homey.

Although, if you're looking for cheap beer in Wisconsin, Point is their equivalent of Batty Blue, and they go down just as easy.