Canada vs USA

meazza

I was thinking about this last night after Finland beat Slovakia. Isn't it almost better to win the bronze than the silver in terms of emotions. At least when you win the bronze, you go out on a win and you get to celebrate. You "win" the silver and you really can't be happy or celebrate at all, you just sit there and wonder what went wrong.

All I ask for is a great game to cap off a fantastic tournament. And people, can we just leave it to the fact that it is a hockey game. Sure winning is nice, but let's leave the "my country is better than yours!" childish nonsense at the door and cheer on the players who have chosen to represent our country.

I'm a proud Canadian, but that doesn't mean I'm not happy with our neighbours down below. I spend too much time in America to know how great a country it is.

Well said! I feel the same way as do many of the hockey fans I know. Contrary to popular belief, Canadian hockey fans are proud of this team already, regardless of the outcome of this game and people aren't lining up to jump off of a bridge, should we lose.

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mike Babcock has gone on record saying that a key for the Canadians is to "make things difficult for Miller". Per IIHF rules, Miller is not supposed to be contacted by the Canadians.

We'll see how that plays out.

Yes that goes both ways.

Mike Babcock has gone on record saying that a key for the Canadians is to "make things difficult for Miller". Per IIHF rules, Miller is not supposed to be contacted by the Canadians.

I'll eat my hat if Canadian NHL officials go out of their way to enforce IIHF rules and protect an American goaltender. I think Johnson, Gleason and Orpik will have to keep Ryan Miller clean on their own.

I'll eat my hat if Canadian NHL officials go out of their way to enforce IIHF rules and protect an American goaltender. I think Johnson, Gleason and Orpik will have to keep Ryan Miller clean on their own.

They will have to put down their bar-code readers first.

so far looks like team USA has been the instigator in the goalie contact but obviously you will never admit that you're full of it

What Babcock meant was that they were going to get in front of Miller to make it difficult for him. That being difficult to see the puck. Obviously this is a NFL message board so I guess I can't expect a basic understanding of the game.

What Babcock meant was that they were going to get in front of Miller to make it difficult for Miller. Obviously this is a NFL message board so I guess I can't expect a basic understanding of the game.

Thanks, hockey sage. The Sharks going to choke again this year?