What I think will happen in the 1st round...

1billsfan

1. Rams - Bradford QB

2. Lions - Suh DT

3. Bucs - McCoy DT

4. Redskins - Clausen QB

5. Chiefs - Okung OT

6. Seahawks - Berry S

7. Browns - Haden CB

8. Raiders - McClain LB

9. Bills - Davis OT

First off, there's no way the Rams pass on a QB at the number one spot. When it comes right down to it, if a team has one of the worst QB situations in the league, they aren't going to pick a DT there no matter how good he may be.

Secondly, it's clear to me that the Bills will be picking a LT in the 1st.

Lastly, I have a weird feeling the Bills are going to pick Tebow in the second. Yes, he's a longshot at NFL success but the Bills might just be desperate enough to gamble their second round pick on a longshot.

1. Rams - Bradford QB

2. Lions - Suh DT

3. Bucs - McCoy DT

4. Redskins - Clausen QB

5. Chiefs - Okung OT

6. Seahawks - Berry S

7. Browns - Haden CB

8. Raiders - McClain LB

9. Bills - Davis OT

First off, there's no way the Rams pass on a QB at the number one spot. When it comes right down to it, if a team has one of the worst QB situations in the league, they aren't going to pick a DT there no matter how good he may be.

Secondly, it's clear to me that the Bills will be picking a LT in the 1st.

Lastly, I have a weird feeling the Bills are going to pick Tebow in the second. Yes, he's a longshot at NFL success but the Bills might just be desperate enough to gamble their second round pick on a longshot.

Bulaga is probably the pick here, but Davis is a close 2nd. They each have their appeal (Davis possibly more upside, bigger wingspan, great run-blocking, Northern roots--NJ? Bulaga more LT-ready right now, best run-pass hybrid) . Other teams may move up for Bulaga, hence it's good to look at the bright side. We get a good player either way.

Bulaga is probably the pick here, but Davis is a close 2nd. They each have their appeal (Davis possibly more upside, bigger wingspan, great run-blocking, Northern roots--NJ? Bulaga more LT-ready right now, best run-pass hybrid) . Other teams may move up for Bulaga, hence it's good to look at the bright side. We get a good player either way.

Don't know why but Bulaga feels like a bust..remindes me of Robert Gallery

Going forward, I think the new regime wants this team to be bigger on both lines. That's why I think they lean towards Davis. Either way it's becoming clear we'll be getting our LT in the first round.

Al Davis is a speed guy and there are some concerns about McLain's sideline-to-sideline speed. Plus they have Kirk Morrison. If anything, I'd say the Raiders take Anthony Davis because he has all of the measurables, leaving us to choose between McLain and Bulaga. A win-win choice if you ask me.

I think you could be right. I can see them going after LT first. ( I'm hoping it's not Anthony Davis. Bulaga ia a Buffalo type guy) and secondly, I think Tebow could be our QB. I just watched him on NFL Network talk about the differences in his throwing mechanics. I know that there are some major differences but I like the way this guy commands his team. He is smart, easy going and has a killer instinct. I'm not 100% sold yet, but I think as a marketing ploy to get people coming to the games every sunday, I can see the Bills doing something like this. I think we need the best possible people in here to turn this around. I'm not sure Tebow is that guy, but It's hard not to root for this guy. We do need a general out there on the field. I can see him being that.

Here is the link to Tebows interview:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-player-inter...mbine-interview

Al Davis is a speed guy and there are some concerns about McLain's sideline-to-sideline speed. Plus they have Kirk Morrison. If anything, I'd say the Raiders take Anthony Davis because he has all of the measurables, leaving us to choose between McLain and Bulaga. A win-win choice if you ask me.

The Raiders have always been the hardest team to figure out what they'll do with a first round pick... :wallbash:

Hey wait, the Bills are kind of like that too... :thumbsup:

I think you could be right. I can see them going after LT first. ( I'm hoping it's not Anthony Davis. Bulaga ia a Buffalo type guy) and secondly, I think Tebow could be our QB. I just watched him on NFL Network talk about the differences in his throwing mechanics. I know that there are some major differences but I like the way this guy commands his team. He is smart, easy going and has a killer instinct. I'm not 100% sold yet, but I think as a marketing ploy to get people coming to the games every sunday, I can see the Bills doing something like this. I think we need the best possible people in here to turn this around. I'm not sure Tebow is that guy, but It's hard not to root for this guy. We do need a general out there on the field. I can see him being that.

Here is the link to Tebows interview:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-player-inter...mbine-interview

Good post.

Good post.

Don't sell Davis short. He is a jersey kid , so he is plenty tough . He has been lazy at times but at 21 that is not that unusual . As someone close to the Rutgers program told me. "He is no thug, a little lazy from time to time but unlimited potential ". At worst you get a pro bowl right tackle at best you get one of the best left tackles in the nfl.

That said I do agree with the post about the raiders being all over him .

Unless buddy pulls a rabbit out of his hat getting one of the three Left tackles is a must.

Don't sell Davis short. He is a jersey kid , so he is plenty tough . He has been lazy at times but at 21 that is not that unusual . As someone close to the Rutgers program told me. "He is no thug, a little lazy from time to time but unlimited potential ". At worst you get a pro bowl right tackle at best you get one of the best left tackles in the nfl.

That said I do agree with the post about the raiders being all over him .

Unless buddy pulls a rabbit out of his hat getting one of the three Left tackles is a must.

I don't know about you, but If I think a kid is lazy at 21, He's probably going to be lazier as he gets older. The guy has potential, but so does every other pick. I'd rather have my First round guy not be tagged as lazy. You only get so many chances to get this thing right.

I too an starting to think Bradford is first pick overall. Tough to pass on Suh though. And Stafford is the real deal at QB. I think the Lions want to keep him upright. Skins and Chefs lines are a mess too. And you never know what the Raiders will do. I have a hunch they might go after White. If Suh and McCoy slide out of the top two slots it will make for an interesting draft

1. Rams - Bradford QB

2. Lions - Okung OT

3. Bucs - Suh DT

4. Redskins -Bulaga OT

5. Chiefs - Davis OT

6. Seahawks - McCoy DT

7. Browns - Berry S

8. Raiders - White WR

I too an starting to think Bradford is first pick overall. Tough to pass on Suh though. And Stafford is the real deal at QB. I think the Lions want to keep him upright. Skins and Chefs lines are a mess too. And you never know what the Raiders will do. I have a hunch they might go after White. If Suh and McCoy slide out of the top two slots it will make for an interesting draft

1. Rams - Bradford QB

2. Lions - Okung OT

3. Bucs - Suh DT

4. Redskins -Bulaga OT

5. Chiefs - Davis OT

6. Seahawks - McCoy DT

7. Browns - Berry S

8. Raiders - White WR

A situation with much sliding definitely suggests a different result to me: that some team would trade up and grab Suh and / or McCoy at the "reduced price" of draft picks and slot. The temptation would be too big. If you know you don't have to give up as much or spend as much on the #2, 3, 4 etc pick vs trading for #1 overall, the deal can look more attractive.

The northern thing seems to come up a lot with QBs, but I can't say I've ever heard it mentioned before when talking about a tackle. Is this a legitimate concern when it comes to the position?

I don't know about you, but If I think a kid is lazy at 21, He's probably going to be lazier as he gets older. The guy has potential, but so does every other pick. I'd rather have my First round guy not be tagged as lazy. You only get so many chances to get this thing right.

See Mike Williams.

Congrats to Orakpo for breaking the Texas bad mold. I'm wondering if Penn State should be passed that torch now.

My dream scenario is this

1- Bradford

2- Suh

3- McCoy

4-Clausen

5- McClain

6- Okung

7- Berry

8- A.Davis

9- Buluga

I can't see this happening but honestly I can see KC going after McClain but I can't see St.Louis taking Bradford. Bradford to me is too much of a project to take 1st overall and Suh is just too good to pass up. So this is the way I see the draft breaking down for us.

1- Suh

2- McCoy

3- Berry

4- Bradford

5- Okung

6- Buluga

7- Dez Bryant

8- A.Davis

9- McClain

With the top 3 tackles taken it comes down to do we want Clausen or McClain. I would support going and taking the best player on the board which is McClain. Now if KC takes McClain and Seattle takes Okung and Buluga or A.Davis falls to us I would say we take one of the LT's.

I know LT is such an important position but Trent Williams is a RT and Bruce Campbell is too much of a project to take at 9. If this is the case and we take McClain at pick 9 I do see us trading up using both our 2nd and 3rd round picks to go up into the 1st again and take a good LT or RT to beef up the O-line.