Funny Coincidence

Amstel

An old friend of mine was waiting to get his haircut yesterday in Englewood, NJ. It was an upscale place in a very upsacle district. He's been getting his hair cut there for 5 years or so as he used to be the Sales Manager at a very high end watch store across the street. The guy who cuts his hair was working on a woman who mentioned she was going to buy a watch for her father who is elderly. So he naturally gets my buddy involved in the conversation and he gives her advice on what to buy. Turned out to be Ralph's Daughter and the watch is for him. She apparently lives in Englewood Cliffs. He actually used to watch Bills games w/me back in the 90's but really doesn't know much about football and thus didn't say anything. All he said is that she said Ralph is not doing well at all. He's like if I could've traded places with anyone I'd have traded with you. I told him she would've rolled her eyes at me and thrown me out LOL. She wanted to talk watches not football with a lunatic fan LOL.

Okay so I know that was kind of pointless but I thought it was interesting never knew she lived so close to where I live.....

An old friend of mine was waiting to get his haircut yesterday in Englewood, NJ. It was an upscale place in a very upsacle district. He's been getting his hair cut there for 5 years or so as he used to be the Sales Manager at a very high end watch store across the street. The guy who cuts his hair was working on a woman who mentioned she was going to buy a watch for her father who is elderly. So he naturally gets my buddy involved in the conversation and he gives her advice on what to buy. Turned out to be Ralph's Daughter and the watch is for him. She apparently lives in Englewood Cliffs. He actually used to watch Bills games w/me back in the 90's but really doesn't know much about football and thus didn't say anything. All he said is that she said Ralph is not doing well at all. He's like if I could've traded places with anyone I'd have traded with you. I told him she would've rolled her eyes at me and thrown me out LOL. She wanted to talk watches not football with a lunatic fan LOL.

Okay so I know that was kind of pointless but I thought it was interesting never knew she lived so close to where I live.....

What did he tip?

Ralph's health is a huge issue, so FWIW, thanks for passing along if accurate.

When someone erroneously reported his demise about a year ago, it sent shockwaves through the entire Bills fandom. You gotta hope the guy lives to 110, but he didn't look all that good at the Nix hiring PC. Perhaps it's the Detroit winter taking a toll, but then again he lives in FLA I believe part of the year.

Ralph's daughter who lived in Englewood died last year. So either this is an old story or completely made-up.

I can't say what is true and what isn't, but the guy had 3 daughters, 2 of which are still alive. I'm not sure how you know where they all live.

I have no reason to fabricate a story about Ralph's Daughter living in NJ or getting her hair done. It's not like I mentioned I have inside info on what the team is doing. I only mentioned that he told me she said Ralph is not doing well thats about it. And for all I know that could mean he has a cold I don't know.

My buddy could care less about football and if he wasn't friends with me the whole thing would've been nothing to him. He did mention that before he knew who she was he noticed she had a "Bills Cover" on her blackberry or phone or whatever....

He's like if I could've traded places with anyone I'd have traded with you. I told him she would've rolled her eyes at me and thrown me out LOL.
HUH?

I have no idea what the hell you're saying at the end.

Why did the barber want to trade places with you? Because of all your "high end" associations ?

She (Ralph's daughter, I presume) would have thrown you out of where? Her hair stylist's salon? How? Why? Was she a silent partner in the business likely to excercise her right to remove patrons for bringing up the Bills during conversations that should stay on topic, meaning Rolex watches?

FWIW - Since Ralph drives a Taurus, a Casio watch would have been fitting. On the other hand, considering his reputed health, sounds like she could still thrill him with a nice Rolex, then return it for a refund in the near future. A real win-win for the gal with the new perm! (LOL)

HUH?

Why did the barber want to trade places with you? Because of all your "high end" associations ?

She (Ralph's daughter, I presume) would have thrown you out of where? Her hair stylist's salon? How? Why? Was she a silent partner in the business likely to excercise her right to remove patrons for bringing up the Bills during conversations that should stay on topic, meaning Rolex watches?

FWIW - Since Ralph drives a Taurus, a Casio watch would have been fitting. On the other hand, considering his reputed health, sounds like she could still thrill him with a nice Rolex, then return it for a refund in the near future. A real win-win for the gal with the new perm! (LOL)

<_<

So is this your way of bragging that you live in an upscale neighborhood? :unsure:

Read the story fully please and stop looking for something to get all disgruntled over. The guy made no mention about where he lived. His friend used to sell watches in an upscale neighborhood. This story is about something his friend told him... <_<

HUH?

Stay classy. <_<

Really??? He's saying his buddy (the watch guy) would have switched places with him (Amstel) because he (Amstel) was a Bills fan and would have appreciated talking to her more. He (Amstel) is saying that probably wouldn't have gone over well because he (Amstel) would have worn her out with Bills conversation and likely would have been thrown out for irritating her. Come on now, keep up man.

HUH?

Really??? He's saying his buddy (the watch guy) would have switched places with him (Amstel) because he (Amstel) was a Bills fan and would have appreciated talking to her more. He (Amstel) is saying that probably wouldn't have gone over well because he (Amstel) would have worn her out with Bills conversation and likely would have been thrown out for irritating her. Come on now, keep up man.

Why bother to keep up or read through a post when one can post such a witty and classy response as they did? You know, responses that really add to the conversation on the board.... <_< (Sarcasm off)

Hypocritical how I am.

Read the story fully please and stop looking for something to get all disgruntled over. The guy made no mention about where he lived. His friend used to sell watches in an upscale neighborhood. This story is about something his friend told him... <_<

No you read the full story.

Thank you Buckhead, for clarfying you are absolutely right. And no I wasn't trying to brag about the high end neighborhood I live in. I live in a different town. I was being factitious about her throwing me out as Buckhead pointed out.......