Matt Moore from Carolina

C-zone Umpa

Apparently Matt Moore from Carolina is not recieving a deal so far and I think the Bills should REALLY & SERIOUSLY make an attempt to sign this kid!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He stepped in & looked GREAT!!

I completely agree. I would be shocked if Carolina let him go. Granted, it was only a partial year, but the kid did look good, TONS of upside. At the very least he would be a solid addition for competition purposes (A competition I think he would win).

I have watched him and he is going to be a damn good one. It seems to me Carolina is going to clean house this year. Richardson doesn't seem interested in signing any of his own free agents. To me this says we are closer to a lockout in 2011 than fans would like to admit.

I have watched him and he is going to be a damn good one. It seems to me Carolina is going to clean house this year. Richardson doesn't seem interested in signing any of his own free agents. To me this says we are closer to a lockout in 2011 than fans would like to admit.

Also, Darth, I believe he is planning on selling the team and doesn't want to strap new ownership with large contracts they may not be interested in...even Peppers.

lets sign him to rob johnson money

lol... exactly what i was thinking. he's only started a handful of games -- everyone has to be, including carolina, a bit leery doling out a massive contract. granted, he looked pretty damn solid at the end of the season, but, i think there are more viable options for the bills, especially if we have to give up a pick.

He is an exclusive rights free agent, meaning if Carolina didn't match the Bills offer, they would have to give up a 1st and a 3rd for him.

Game, set, and match. Buffalo will not yield a 1st-3rd round pick for any RFA in 2010.

EDIT: Exclusive rights free agents cannot sign with other teams unless they are non-tendered. I'd say Carolina will retain him like Buffalo did last year with Fred Jackson.

He is an exclusive rights free agent, meaning if Carolina didn't match the Bills offer, they would have to give up a 1st and a 3rd for him.

Read a story about this yesterday that said he would likely just be given a 1st round tender, not the highest which is the 1st and 3rd. The story said the Panthers currently have too much money invested in Delhomme to sign him to a long term contract. Either way, I don't see us giving up a first for him.

Game, set, and match. Buffalo will not yield a 1st-3rd round pick for any RFA in 2010.

EDIT: Exclusive rights free agents cannot sign with other teams unless they are non-tendered. I'd say Carolina will retain him like Buffalo did last year with Fred Jackson.

He's going to be the starting qb for Carolina this year. Eventually, the team and he will work out a contract agreement. Contract negotiations for EVERY team are complicated because of the impending labor strife. I strongly believe that the owners are going to play hardball with the players because they (most influential $$$ owners) want to restructure the shared revenue system.

I watched a couple of Moore's games at the end of the season last year and I thought he looked great. I would love to bring him in to compete for the job, but I don't think the Bills should give up too much for him since he isn't a lock as a starter. So unfortunately, I don't foresee him coming to Buffalo. Besides, Carolina will most likely find a way to keep him since, in my opinion, Delhomme is not a good quarterback anymore.

I wonder if Carolina would take a second for him.

hes not worth a Draft Pick to obtain, none from the first 4 rounds anyway. He doesnt deserve to be handed the starting job but he would be a nice addition for a QB competition with Brohm and another QB

I disagree, man. Carolina started winning games as soon as he replaced Delhomme. You would be happy with a QB that came in and performed like that if you drafted him in the second round. Hell, people fell head over heels in love with Edwards just for not looking like a lost little five-year-old, even if he still sucked and couldn't score TDs. Moore looked very good against three good teams, two of them the NFC finalists. BTW his team won those games.

I wonder if Carolina would take a second for him.

I disagree, man. Carolina started winning games as soon as he replaced Delhomme. You would be happy with a QB that came in and performed like that if you drafted him in the second round. Hell, people fell head over heels in love with Edwards just for not looking like a lost little five-year-old, even if he still sucked and couldn't score TDs. Moore looked very good against three good teams, two of them the NFC finalists. BTW his team won those games.

EXACTLY WHAT I THINK

Matt Moore might actually be worth a first, if he is a bona fide starting quarterback in the NFL. I'm not saying I'd like for us to trade our first round pick for him but the argument can be made that he's worth a first round pick...if you believe that he's a quality starting quarterback. There are very few quality starting QBs in the NFL.

In an aside, the funny thing about last year is that both John Fox and Jeff Fisher are very highly respected coaches who obstinately refused to make a quarterback change as their seasons were going down the tubes. Both of them were forced to go to their backup QBs by ownership...Bud Adams insisted that Fisher play Vince Young and Jerry Richardson insisted that John Fox play Matt Moore. Both Tennessee and Carolina went on prolonged winning streaks immediately after the quarterback changes were made. Had the QB changes been made earlier, both of those teams might have made the playoffs.

Makes you realize that even the best coaches can be stubborn and that their egos can get in the way of good decision making.

Matt Moore? Really. Matt Moore. Why is it someone else garbage is more appealing than our own? If Matt Moore, or Tyler Thigpen, or Daunte Culpepper for christ sakes...were any better than TE, Ryan Smartypants, or Brohm, my name ain't Nathan Arizona.

Seriously...